Thread: I've a question...

Question

hello,

I want to make a program with VB on the internet. I've only 'experience' with making programs who arent on the internet. Now is my question: How can I make programs who run on the internet. I need to use ActiveX? Or can I do the same as not online running programs and put them run on the internet(maybe with changing some commends?). If the answer is yes(what I hope) how can I make them running on the internet? And if the answer is No, I need to use activeX?

I hope you understand me and will help me.

Greetings.

Question huh?

What do you mean...run on the internet? What kind of program...a chat program? a web browser?

Smile

Run on the internet.. hmm.. Well, like a javaprogram. So peaple dont need to download the program but can use it without downloading on the intnernet. What kind of program.. Well, thats a little bit difficult to explain becouse my Englisch is not very good.

Hyperactive Member
    Use ActiveX control, reference it as object, and it runs. Take vbcode(one form only) put in activex control design screen,save and run. More info if you do search on ActiveX here.

Thumbs up

Thank you for your help. : )

It's not that simple. For the ActiveX control you create to run on other people's machines you need to have it signed by a company like Verisign. It's a big security thing to stop you wipin people's had drives/installin trojans/etc from a web page.

You can create the control and stick it on a web page, but with out the Verisign certificate, you'll need to manually register the control on every machine it needs to run on.

I don't think java applets have the same security restrictions, but I don't know java...