Thread: You will READ and RESPOND to this query, whether or not it has already been replied..

Hyperactive Member

Appearently I already posted a topic phrased like this, but VB-World lost it, ohwell. Does anyone know how to retrieve things like the time length and position from the ActiveMovie Control once a file has been loaded into it? I want to do this because I want to be able to manipulate the control, without having to see it, this way I can make my own playing interface. Also does anyone know the API calls to get things like the sound volume or balance of the computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks alot.

i have the nauseating suspicion that you need to know the windows handles of several objects, but im allergic to the API and HWND's i suggest contacting MS

Hyperactive Member

Well, actually, I just figured out how to get the file time, and the position, but that was through the little handy VB6 menus, and I have no idea what this Filter crap is, although I'd like to find out. Where does Microsoft have that hidden link to tell me about it? Questions regarding system volume and time still pending...

:: In a daze ::

MUST READ... MUST REPLY... hehehe

To use the Filter you add, *.MP3 or *.WAV etc.. what it does is if you have the program setup for the user to GET a file such as MP3 or WAV, the FILTER will only show files with those extensions.

Hope this helps..
    Knight

[This message has been edited by Knight_Vision (edited 12-29-1999).]

You can use the MCI API to get/set the system volume.

By the way: "Phobic's Media Player, System Requirements: Windows Media Player" (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happenning...)

------------------
    Yonatan
    Teenage Programmer
    E-Mail: RZvika@netvision.net.il
    AIM: RYoni69

I read, I replied.

Lively Member

No I won't, because you didn't put the subject matter in the "Topic" box