Thread: Exploring DoEvents [B](Can this be use to temporarily pause a procedure?[/B]

Arrow

Would anyone care to elaborate on the usage of Doevents? As I understand it now, Do Events can be executed in a procedure. In a specific procedure that I would like to pause, I want some variables to be user defined before it continues to execute the remaining code in the procedure.

Are there any other pausing methodologies for delaying the execution of specific code (usually at the end of a procedure)?

Flint Puckett, M.B.A
    Johnson & Johnson
    VB 6.0 Enterprise Edition SP4

[I]PS: If you consider yourself a highly intermediate to a expert in VB (and other languages) programmer. We may need you in our force. Of course have a application portfolio ready when you contact me flint01@foothills.net. I do plan to probe for your business acumen, ethics, and competencies. We work in the most prestigious and profitable Pharmaceutical Industry in the world (A fortune Top 5 Company as you can see).

Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.
    - Samuel Johnson: 1709-1784, British writer, lexicographer

DoEvents will process the current events before it and when they are done, go to the next processes that will occur.

Depending on how long this is going to take, it may pause for a millisecond or more. But it doesn't always. If you want a delay, you can use the Sleep api function.

Code:
    Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" _
    (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)   

Usage

Call Sleep(1000) 'delay 1 second

Thanx Micheal

Thank you Matthew.

I know enough about VB to know that I need to know more OR that I need people like you with experience and know how. I have always (well since I've seen you posts) been impressed on your Programming competentcies. Please consider consults on the side. I thank you for your examples.

Cordially,
    Flint