Thread: Personally for Kedaman!

Addicted Member
    OK Kedaman,

you showed me how to get an entire text file into a string yesterday. I figure out how to output an entire textbox to a file by using PUT without using any loops.

Here is my question. I tried your GET with a Microsoft Document. It works too. It placed the content of the file into the string but when I assigned text1.text = sBuffer, nothing shows except for a couple of symbols.

If I place a richtextbox on my form and do a LOADFILE("C:\Microsoft Word Document"), then it place everything in the richtextbox.

How can I do it similar to richtextbox using your GET method?
    Mako Shark
    Great White

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    WHat the textbox does, is
    1. limits the text to 65536 characters
    2. Cuts of the rest of the string (sBuffer) on the first nullchar that's chr(0)
    3. Displays the ascii data that is left, only symbols and **** you know.

The Richtextbox has inbuild interpreting of MS Word Documents and some other types like Richtext files. Now what Loadfile does is opens that file and start building that document from the data, well that's a heck of a algoritm so i don't you can do that in a easy way with Get. And Not ever put it in a textbox! Maybe you could have the formated rich text and pictures and stuff drawn on the form but i wouldn't recommend you start working on that, don't reinvent the wheel!

Ah, thanks for directing this post just for me but i'm not sure, some of the others could also have answered in my place
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Addicted Member

Thanks for answering Kedaman

I directed this post to you because you helped me with Get # yesterday. That made me think that you know your stuff.

Thanks
    Mako Shark
    Great White