Thread: HOW TO CREAT A HELP FILE

Question

I HAVE JUST FINISHED DEVELOPING AN APPLICATION. WHAT I NEED IS TO WRITE A HELP FILE SO THAT THE USERS CAN GET HELP WHEREEVR THERE ARE IN THE APPLICATION. IS THERE UTILITY FILE OR APPLICATION THAT I CAN USE TO WRITE THE HELP FILE.

GOTORA

Lively Member
    Originally posted by Gotora
    I HAVE JUST FINISHED DEVELOPING AN APPLICATION. WHAT I NEED IS TO WRITE A HELP FILE SO THAT THE USERS CAN GET HELP WHEREEVR THERE ARE IN THE APPLICATION. IS THERE UTILITY FILE OR APPLICATION THAT I CAN USE TO WRITE THE HELP FILE.

GOTORA
    Yes. There are several applications available to assist you with creating Help Files. If your application is not very large then you can trap the events using various methods built into various controls. Tons of work, but often needs to be done.

Hope it helps,

Hunter

VB 5 came with a Help File Creation Tool and C+ comes with on now that converts RTF files to help file pages. There are also third party ones that convert rtf file or html pages the easiest thing is just to search the web for Help file creators. I just ditched my links when I found the one with C+.

Why dont you use the HTML Help (downloaded from microsoft's web site). Its fast, easy and free!
    There have been tonnes of questions on HTML Help on this forum.
    Good luck!