Thread: WHY???

Angry

ADEN, Yemen (CNN) -- At least four Americans were killed, and dozens more were injured or missing Thursday after a possible terrorist attack on the Navy destroyer USS Cole in the Yemeni port of Aden.

The Pentagon said the Cole was hit from the rear by a small boat packed with explosives at about 12:15 p.m. (5:15 a.m. EDT/9:15 GMT). The resulting blast tore a large hole in the ship's hull and left the 505-foot-long Cole listing four degrees to its port side.

What do they mean 'possible terrorist attack'? What did they think they might be, a clumsy welcoming party bringing gifts of high explosives?
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."

Good Point

Just the typical media hyper-babble! The media think we are all as stupid as the bone-heads who launched the damn boat.

Addicted Member

Unhappy The sad part..

See...i wouldnt doubt that the person/persons responsible for the bombing was a group related either to palestine or isreal...
    then when the u.s find out there will be a missle strike into that country, then causing another war... but this time i dont have a good feeling about, i just dont know hmmm.

"Something isnt right in wonderland"

Re: The sad part..

Originally posted by Sophtware
    ...when the u.s find out there will be a missle strike into that country, then causing another war...
    If the US is attacked and we retaliate how is it that we are then tagged with "Causing Another War"? As far as I know (from taking way too many history classes and watching way too much of the History Channel) the only war the Americans have "caused" is the Civil War. We have come to the aid of others, lost our lives and then paid to rebuild the cities of those who have taken our lives.

Take a look at what is happening in Palestine and Isreal. Are we also responsible for this????

Well the people in charge of the US armed forces probaly thought they were coming to the aid of those countries, but who caused the war will depend on who you ask.

What has Yemen got to do with Israel anyway? Or is it a Muslim country so they feel affiliated with Palestine?
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."