Thread: Infra red link

Addicted Member

Cool

Hey all,

I am trying to connect two laptops through the infra-red capabilities. They detect each other but do little else...

I have been told that I require a 3rd party software application. Does anybody know of any links to any Infra-red linking software...

Cheers for any help
    Steve

Addicted Member

Done that

Thanks for the response Dimava,

I have done that, Both laptops can sense each other as the Infra Red menu you described (through Control panel) shows the other computers name...

But the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any functionality, i.e. I would assume that an icon might appear in Network neighbourhood or in explorer or at least SOMETHING !!!

My work colleague read his laptop manual and it stated that 3rd party software is required....Reading the help files it mentions that you need to create a direct cable connection (Where the infra red link acts as the cable) and when setting up, click the infra red link check box....(Only the usual com and serial ports)

My problem is that there isn't an infra red link check box !!!!!

That is why I also assumed that I might require 3rd party software.

Any ideas

Cheers for any help
    Steve

in a world where the sun always shines on the bloody tv!!
    hi

you might want to try something like laplink that has a infra red link option, if you search for it in yahoo, you can get a shareware version of it

Hope it helps

Merlin ?

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

[Galahtech.com] | [My Site] | [Fishsponge] | [UnixForum.co.uk]

Addicted Member

Arrow Thanks

Thanks zmerlinz,

I will give it a try

Steve