Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen - X

Frenzied Member
    hey dude, something i just thought about

few questions:
    do you believe in the existence of God at ALL?
    if no, would you be kind to state your reasoning on what make you derive at the decision?

and if yes at all, still state your reasoning

ya dont have to
    just wonderin

Everybody stand back and brace yourselves for a torrent of capital letters
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."

Originally posted by HarryW
    Everybody stand back and brace yourselves for a torrent of capital letters

HahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHahahahaHaha haha...lol!

Sorry, I had to get that out .

Hyperactive Member
    Harry

Now you are making me paranoid!!!

I look at my Caps Lock key and quiver in fear now that you have brought it up

Kovan

To answer your question I don't believe there is a sentient, omniscient, omnipotent "being" (is quotes Ok Harry ) that created the universe.

My reasoning is simple though I have accumulated a lot of additional evidence (well its evidence to me) to support it.

All sentient beings either leave a trail or have their presence known, all forms of life leave "tracers" to their existance. The universe moves based on a set of laws that do not change and yet beings go against or around those laws in order to survive (ie we can walk, move, CHOOSE (oops... I did it!!! ) where they want to go... that is one of the tenants of being sentient.

God however is never seen, nor moves, nor makes the universe do anything other than what it was always meant to do. There are no indications of his existance other than that which man has presented while already believing (and possibly writing himself), and in all of our known history there hasn't been a single event that has defied the universe as would be expected of a sentient being... especially if it is supposedly everywhere at once.

To back this up I understand that human beings need an explaination and that when they see things they cannot explain they put it down to a God (and rightly so as to them it appears as if a sentient being has (is bold ok Harry ) actually caused movement), we however are more enlightened than they were and we understand everything they put down to a God from Earthquakes to floods to meteors is actually just the universe in its normal function. Why then would be perpetuate this belief when we have found its solution?

To add to it further and on a philosophical note rather than a scientific one, any creator that would make an entire universe for but a ignorant species on a backwater planet and then make it such that at least half the population of that planet never even know their existance while demanding they accept him in order to reach heaven just doesn't fit... regardless of whether logic should apply or not. "apparently" there is enough logic to let us know Good=Heaven, Bad=Hell but we are not supposed to know the logic of why half the population go to hell simply for not knowing? Again it doesn't fit.

So thats it in a nutshell.

Oh and Harry... Damn you for bringing up the Caps... Do you know how much it is screwing my brain around to not use that damn shift key!!!! : D: D

Frenzied Member

hmmmm

we are not supposed to know the logic of why half the population go to hell simply for not knowing? Again it doesn't fit.
    who says those that dont know will go to hell?

Hyperactive Member
    Most religions that I know of state that if you don't believe in them (which funny enough a person who has never heard of them is hardly likely to believe in them) you don't get to the "promised land".

I am sure there are a few religion that act like a Traveller's Inn... willing to take in the stragglers

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar

Angry

SO YOU MEAN RELIGION IS RELEVANT TO THE ISSUE THAT GOD EXISTS OR NOT`???
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Fanatic Member
    That posh bit of England known as Buckinghamshire
    Heaven = Hell ?

As Gen-X stated, most religions state that if you do not believe in their god, then you will not go to heaven, and you will in fact be damned to hell.

So logically speaking, either everyone goes to hell, or your heaven is another mans hell.
    Iain, thats with an i by the way!

Theoretically that's impossible to have all people go to each others hell and get to their own heavens
    Well that's not the point, anyway thanks for the idea Iain
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Hyperactive Member
    It is relevant when you consider that if God does NOT exist then ALL religions are automatically incorrect.

If God DOES exist and he isn't some amorphous blob that has a thousand heads, one for each "culture" then it means ALL but ONE are automatically incorrect.

So when you consider that either ALL or ALL but ONE religion is correct regardless whether God exists or does NOT exist for 99.9999% of possible outcomes... it has to make you wonder at the validity of religion altogether.

Talking Ah, i've waited for this so long now!

If God DOES exist and he isn't some amorphous blob that has a thousand heads, one for each "culture" then it means ALL but ONE are automatically incorrect.
    I'm so so glad that you finally showed what the problem with your view is YOU ACTUALLY STATE ONE RELIGION MUST BE CORRECT, THAT THERE IS A TRUE RELIGION (IF GOD EXIST)

THEN YOU DRAW THE CONCLUSION GOD IS UNLIKELY JUST BECAUSE NONE OF THE MOST COMMON RELIGIONS ARE CABABLE OF BEING FLAWLESS.

What a mess these hundreds of threads have been just because of that! Why can't you consider what you think cannot effect the outcome of what has already happened, that a true religion actually must exist to cause the fact of there being a god. NONSENSE! BULLCRAP!

Use

Hyperactive Member
    Kedaman

Without being rude could you please read what I wrote again.

If God DOES exist and he isn't some amorphous blob that has a thousand heads, one for each "culture"
    This shows that there is also a remote possiblity that more than one could be correct.

I wish you would read what I write... I truely do

Not the BIG POINT about it at all Gen-X! The point was that you assumed AT LEAST ONE HAS to be ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, if there exist a god.

I'm truly sorry but that's meaningless that too.
    Use

Hyperactive Member
    Kedaman

I assumed no such thing. Go read it again.

I simply said that because most religions state they are the only true religion then it would imply the rest are wrong... and that was only in the specific case IF this happened to be true.

You really do have a warped view of everything I say...

If you are going to keep twisting what I say like that, and fail to even read what I wrote then please don't bother replying...

Wink Interesting...

Heh.. normally I don't get into these type of conversations because it's not very productive to do so. But in this case I feel I need to clarify a statement I made in another post.

I stated that I believed God but hated religions. I can now see where some may take it as meaning that I hate all religions and am athiest or that I beleive in a God without being in a congragation or group. So, to clarify myself, I thought I would add to this discussion just in case this started because of me (talking to Kedaman on this last point).

As a bible reader, with a quest for True Knowledge, I have found that each person persepts life differently then others. That's not a fault in itself. But, the greed of man in general has shown that even some religions will get involved into politics when they shouldn't. Jesus said in John 17:16 "They are no part of the wold, just as I am no part of the world." (New World Translation) "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" (King James)

Jesus was explaining that he does and would NOT get into the political affairs of the manmade governments. He always talking about a Heavenly government where he would be King at his Fathers right hand. (NOTE : Read the whole chapter of John 17 to read if for yourself. NEVER take the word of another man when it comes to the bible. ALWAYS find out the info for yourself. That includes me.)

Ok, so Jesus is no part of the world. Hence, those religions today that get into the political (EXAMPLE - WAR) affairs of the government are False and God does not "recognize" them. So, what about those "religions" that do not get involved. Well there is ONLY 1. And it's NOT a religion. It's a WAY of life. Some call it a religion only for those who don't know them so that they may have something as reference. In essense, the bible is meant to be read every day. It's meant to answer our problems when we are faced with them. I myself love this expression - BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Living Eternally. Heh.. I know some of you go.. WOW.. That's neat.. but in actuallity, it's more true then you can imagine.. BUT AGAIN, I REPEAT! DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.. GO.. read it for yourself.. find out that there is a REASON why the bible actually exists.. I mean, hey, Jesus hated those who made that TEMPLE he was in, a place to make MONEY.. and look at what we have on TV nowdays.. TV Evangulests.. (Sorry can't spell) All TVEs want is MONEY. they are CONSTANTLY asking for it.

So, my statement about hateing religion is accurate. I hate false religion. And in the bible at it says that the "world is laying in the power of the whicked one.." 1John 5:19. In otherwords, Satan, who is the god of this world, he is ruining it. (NOTE : Read Revelation 12:9)

Ok, so I hope you all understand, I beleive in GOD, but hate what is bad. And the bible calls it, "The world Empire of False Religion". So.. what is the correct "religion" or way of thinking? Who should we be getting answers from? Where do we go from here? If religion is bad, NOW WHAT? The ANSWERS are all in the bible.

Knight Vision

P.S. If you have a difference of opinion, your entitled to it, but I will NOT be duped into a religious debate with you. You must find your own way, and you must make your own decisions, NO ONE can make your decision for you. I will not answer replies that deliberatly attack. Also, it would help that if you do have a sensable reply, that you quote where you get your info from, cuzz I won't bother with you if your going by hearsay...

Hyperactive Member
    Knight Vision

I just have a few questions to ask you.

Have you ever read the Qu'ran? The Bhuddist texts? The Greek Theology? Egyptian Doctrine? Celtic Religious texts? Anything "religious" OTHER than the Bible?

If you answered No to all of them then how on earth do you know that Christianity is the (To quote you "Well there is ONLY 1") One True Religion (or way of life)? if you have never bothered to take the time to read anything else?

This proves that you are not a seeker of truth... but simply someone who has read what is cultural for you to read and believed in it without question.

You yourself said not to trust what someone tells you and to find out for yourself... yet you refuse to find out for yourself what else is out there in order to determine if what you already believe is true.

Isn't that a tad hypocritical?

Gen-X interesting points you raise

In the Catholic church you must be baptised to have any chance of gaining heaven. Now clearly if you are a Muslim (example only) you are not likely to be baptised into the Catholic church. This would seem to be an exceedingly stupid world viewpoint, and is held up by any number of religons/churches.

Does God exist;

If he/she/it does then he/she/it would probably be highly critical of organised religons, who have started any number of genocides/wars etc etc over minor differences of opinion.

GEN-X on a side note, KV's not like on anyones side not on the "christians" side, neither am I, i'll reply to you soon, i have stuff to do, it's late (4:30Am) and i have school tomorrow.
    Use

BTW, i hate classifying into religions, i never did that before i got into these philosophical issues. THEY TELL YOU NOTHING ABOUT A MANS BELIEF.
    Use

Talking kedaman go to school

What's todays lesson, reindeer farming or what.....lol....there was just no point to that statement. Think l might enter it into our tip of the day.

Hyperactive Member
    Kedaman

I think they tell you a "bit" about a man's beliefs because if they consider themselves a member of that religion then they obviously agree with enough of it to consider themselves one.

What it does though is tell you more about their personality than their beliefs... If they follow something someone else has written with 100% faith then it shows them to be people who rarely challenge or question things... And that they will accept something they are told because it is culturally relevant to them rather than go looking for others to find out the "right one".

KV is a perfect example of someone who tells people to "search for your own answers" and then hasn't moved very far to look at what the world has to offer for himself. Its that kind of single-minded view that makes my skin crawl... because they really don't mean "search for your own answers" but truely mean "lets see if I can trick you into reading the Bible yourself... because I was taught that getting people to read it is halfway to winning them over".

He can deny it but while his actions and his words are 2 different things nobody could that that seriously. Whats good for the good is good for the gander... if he read the Bible often enough he should have known that.

Again Gen-X, you failed to see the point. I stated that I was CLARIFYING my statement. Nothing more. And it was to those who could have misunderstood my statement, I felt I needed to clarify myself. AGAIN you are trying ot bate me into something that is WAY off topic of my message. Why don't YOU learn to read just as you are telling Kedaman.. Your too much of a debate man to input any REAL MEAT to the conversation. So please, back off, unless you have something meaningful to say.. And please, be positive about it. Don't be an attacker because that shows your limmited knowledge. The wise man is the one who listens (In this case - reads.. LOL).

I do understand that you have your own beleif, and I will NOT take you away from that. I hope the best for you.

Knight

Hyperactive Member
    Knight Vision

I understand perfectly why you posted.

I simply wanted to ask you some questions that was all.. nothing more... no debate, no attack..

You just said yourself that a wise man is one who listens... I was hoping you would answer the question so I could listen

But if you want to keep on using the same old measuring stick to measure me by when you will notice that I have tried to be good lately please go ahead.

If you are unable to explain why we should go seek answers for ourselves but you have only read the bible and decided it is the right answer right off the bat then thats your choice.

My questions were asked simply to be able to assess the kind of person they were coming from so that I don't make the mistake of using a specific yard stick where it doesn't belong.

Gen-X, yes, I do know about Buddhism. In fact, have you read the book "Living Buddhism" ? Interesting read... Anyways the point is this... I have been in a LOT of religions. And so far, to ME, the bible makes the most sense. I cannot speak for anyone else, hence the REASON WHY I say for them to find their own answers. So, for you to attack me is useless, and very unproductive. And you DON'T know me to make your blatent statements...

Knight

BTW - You obviously are online at the same time as me.. ICQ me.. 38095036

Knight

Hyperactive Member
    Knight Vision

Firstly... I am not attacking you. If you see it that way then I suggest you look at why you perceive it as an attack.

It has been my assessment that people only ever consider themselves "attacked" when they are being highly subjective and when they see something personally emotional as the target.

Another question. Where were you born and what religion were your parents?

Unfortunately I cannot use ICQ at work... firewall is too protective.. but you get that working for a defense contractor.

Addicted Member

Talking hehehahahaha

Religion = great tool for good/bad wishes.

But it's so sad that such a good thing as "religion" and all of it's infinte wisdom is used mostly by evil people.

Me personally , i dont want too get envloved in a religion that says i am a good person too them..as long as i am forking over the coins in the collection jar, plus i will not be envolved in any kind of religion when, they look at an outsider in another religion and consider them to be "sinful"Because that person does not worship the same.

What ever happend too "live and let live"?

Plain and simple..if you want too start the worst war or argument...just bring up "religion" if you dont think so...just look at how HUGE the posts that relate too religion are.

Hyperactive Member
    Sophtware

But it's so sad that such a good thing as "religion" and all of it's infinte wisdom is used mostly by evil people.
    Thats an interesting statement.

But think on this... Can you use a bit fluffy rubber ball in an evil way? While I am sure some deviates will come up with a couple in principle you can't.

So why do evil people use religion unless religion itself is either a knife or a gun.

It certainly isn't a big fluffy rubber ball

Ok, Obviously your going to play coy with me... Here is WHY I say your attacking me.

First you say this...

I just have a few questions to ask you.
    Then you ask the questions...

Have you ever read the Qu'ran? The Bhuddist texts? The Greek Theology? Egyptian Doctrine? Celtic Religious texts? anything "religious" OTHER than the Bible?
    But before I even had a chance to answer / express myself you say this..

If you answered No to all of them then how on earth do you know that Christianity is the (To quote you "Well there is ONLY 1") One True Religion (or way of life)? if you have never bothered to take the time to read anything else?
    You never gave the alternative to "what if I say YES"... I could have dealt with the above.. but this next paragraph is the actual attack.

This proves that you are not a seeker of truth... but simply someone who has read what is cultural for you to read and believed in it without question.
    That statement alone is the attack. HOW do you know I'm not a "Seeker of Truth" ? You don't know me? You don't know what CULTURE I have been exposed too. Then like and IDIOT you say this....

You yourself said not to trust what someone tells you and to find out for yourself... yet you refuse to find out for yourself what else is out there in order to determine if what you already believe is true.
    From this last statement you said I REFUSE to find out what else is out there? Where in the world did I say this? Your putting words into my statements and reading things that are not true. In essence you have attacked my character. And for no reason.. Like I have said, you DON'T KNOW me. So who are you to pass JUDGEMENTS on another person?

You said "Isn't that a tad hypocritical?" at the end of your statement. Sounds to me that YOUR the Hypocrite here. You need to quit attacking what you don't know.

Here is another quote from you...

I understand perfectly why you posted. I simply wanted to ask you some questions that was all.. nothing more... no debate, no attack.. You just said yourself that a wise man is one who listens... I was hoping you would answer the question so I could listen.
    If you REALLY wanted to know the ANSWER you wouldn't have made up your mind immediately AFTER the question. Your smooth. Not very bright, but your a smooth.

I love how you say that I MEASURE you with the same OLD measuring stick. But you never explain what you meant by that. What measurement are we talking about here? Are you assuming that I am doing something else? Case in point.

KV is a perfect example of someone who tells people to "search for your own answers" and then hasn't moved very far to look at what the world has to offer for himself. Its that kind of single-minded view that makes my skin crawl... because they really don't mean "search for your own answers" but truely mean "lets see if I can trick you into reading the Bible yourself... because I was taught that getting people to read it is halfway to winning them over".
    Interesting that you say, I am trying to TRICK people into reading the bible. What, in my paragraph is there anything deceptive? Like I meantioned, I was trying to set straight a statement I made, and SOOO that statement was meant toward those who beleive in the bible and were asking me what I beleive since I "Hated Religion". But see, you go too far, you say that I wrote this to people like you. Ones who don't beleive in the bible. Where do you get the brass to make such a statement?

This is NOT worth arguing over and I am tired of seeing these types of posts on this VB-Forum. Your a Hypocrite and the bible warns of people like you. This is the last message I write on this subject!

Knight

Hyperactive Member
    Knight Vision

Your right.

Now that I look at it I can see how you would perceive me attacking you... I should have let you made your reply first. I have a habbit of jumping ahead of myself.

You have my appologies then.

As for me being a hypocrit I would be interested in you showing me where I have ever done something that I claim was good or right and then told someone else they were not allowed to do it?

But lastly... The reason I jumped the gun was because nobody has studied EVERY religion... nobody has taken the time to go through everything that is in the world... so to say with 100% surity that the one you have (which I would like you to confirm or deny is not the one either your parents taught you or the one that is culturally specific to your area) is the right one is obvious.

Because of that I would be happy to claim you don't seek truth because any real truth seeker would say there is always doubt in something... A truth seeker would be saying "I haven't read this or that yet so I cannot be 100% sure".

Instead you are saying Christianity is the right one.

One last point... I am very, very sick of all this "You can't JUDGE me!!!". The world is full of judgement, we do it every day to everyone. You have judged me just as I have judged you... It isn't a dirty word and yet Christians throw it around like its the worst sin of all despite themselves doing it constantly.

I can judge you and I will judge you... exactly as you are doing and will continue to do to me. Its a fact of life and something to be understood and not something spat out like a venomous accusation as if the mere fact that judgement is involved makes it bad.

But thats just how I see it... You of course may get differnet mileage from it.

JEthro! Digital electronics and physics actually, I just couldn't sleep tonight either (I have a bad feeling I won't be able to get to none of them)

Gen-x
    I think they tell you a "bit" about a man's beliefs because if they consider themselves a member of that religion then they obviously agree with enough of it to consider themselves one.
    That's bullcrap, you don't know a **** about either my, KV's or anyone elses belief, I'm Christian, yes, and i don't agree i'm considering myself to be one, so don't ever say that again.
    What it does though is tell you more about their personality than their beliefs... If they follow something someone else has written with 100% faith then it shows them to be people who rarely challenge or question things... And that they will accept something they are told because it is culturally relevant to them rather than go looking for others to find out the "right one".
    I have never, ever met anyone with that attitude, and i won't ever since such people with 100% faith only exists in your fantasy. I'm sure almost all people doubt their own religion at some point, even fanatics! The world isn't black and white, Gen-X it contains millions of greytones. Your way of generalizing people is really sick. Think about what you say.
    You know, here it shows again, you believe there has to be at least one a true religion. Don't deny it again man!
    Furthermore you make yourself sound like you care about what other people believes in, i think that's the problem with you, you don't care a **** about what people really believes in but you use generalisation to effectively disqualify whole groups of concepts, in this case beliefs by religion.
    It certainly isn't a big fluffy rubber ball
    Everyone should know that, classification into religions has cost humanity more death and pain than you can imagine.
    But lastly... The reason I jumped the gun was because nobody has studied EVERY religion... nobody has taken the time to go through everything that is in the world... so to say with 100% surity that the one you have (which I would like you to confirm or deny is not the one either your parents taught you or the one that is culturally specific to your area) is the right one is obvious.
    Here we go again, you have only in this thread 3 times showed you want to declare a connection between God and a True Religion. I'm sure you have done this hundreds of time in the other threads but i've never noticed this was the malfunctioning part in your view.

KV
    From this last statement you said I REFUSE to find out what else is out there? Where in the world did I say this? Your putting words into my statements and reading things that are not true. In essence you have attacked my character. And for no reason.. Like I have said, you DON'T KNOW me. So who are you to pass JUDGEMENTS on another person?
    Yes for one simple reason, he want to put you in that big black box, religion, and then throw it in the ocean. He wants to judge you for crimes you never commited, he wants ignorance to be a bliss for him, not others
    Use

Guys,

Chill out.

I've been liberally offering orange juice around in earlier threads, so feel free to have some if it helps.
    Gentile or Jew,
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you...

Addicted Member

Smile Gen-x

You know exactly what i mean...and even though am sure some creative soul could come up with a evil way too use that rubber ball you are starying from my point.

Oh yeah gen...your ass is showing again.

Frenzied Member

arbiter...

offering OJ yet you complain that you will run out soon
    did you get my email containing that oj package yet?

and comment on KV - did you miss the contridictions i posted ?
    and GEN X (usually i dont agree with most of what he says)
    brought up a VERY good point
    you must read about other sources before you draw a conclusion like that

*takes a OJ from arbiters fridge, mmmmmm tropicana is good*

arbiter - I'll take some of that OJ.. LOL

Kovan
    and comment on KV - did you miss the contridictions i posted ?
    Contradictions? I must have missed what you said... I have no clue what yor talking about, or even refering too...

GEN X - I do understand what your saying when it comes to studying and finding the correct "religion". And, true, thhere are a LOT of religions out there. But it's not as impossible as you think to choose the correct beleif. Most religions stem off of other religions. Examlpe.. Babptists.. There are about 15 kinds of Baptist religions out there. All of them STEM from the main one. Moromans is another one that has 3 different kinds of mormans.. Quakers are quakers.. can't misunderstand them.. LOL How about Jews? Did you know that there are 5 different varisations of the Jewish religion? And 4 out of the 5 doesn't beleive Jesus ever came. One however does.

My point here is this.. yes, I have studied a many variety of religions. I have read all kinds of books on the subject from MANY sources. YOU ARE CORRECT in saying that you MUST search. But keep in mind, that there is a simple way of figureing out the corrrect one.

1.) Which one will show you a GOD of love? Well, you can take away 10% of religion.

2.) Which one will show you everlastiing life? That's another 16% broken off...

NOW, these are NOT accurate statements, but ONLY an example of what i'm trying to explain. There is a way to decifer which is the correct faith. But it's a Gradual thing, your not going to just figure it out within a year. Took me 24 years of searching. That's a LOT of religious studying. Did you know that Babylon was when Multiple Languages accured? Did you know that Greek Mythology is actually meantioned in the bible? Did you know that if man would have closely looked at the bible back in columbases day, they would have known the earth was round? The bible is ALSO the oldest book to have ever survived. It has 66 BOOKS bound together. Made by various writters. The Morman's book was only written by one authoer and it's author was portraying himself as their Massiah. Look that up..

Anyways... My way is not meant to be YOUR way. You have to figure that out yourself. I'm not going to sit here and tell you my beleif is the corrrect one. I mean, hey, who am I ?

And that is all I am saying to you Gen-X. Don't discourage others in their search for truth. And I agree with you on the point that they really need to dig. That's what I did and my end result is where I am. Does that mean I stop learning though? NO. I am still learning.. The Knowledge NEVER stops. And I will never presume to tell you the BIBLE is the only source to look at. In fact, I encourage you to read all the bibles that comes from other religions. You might find things that you have never seen b4.

Well, I hope this helps you understand me a little more Gen-X and to you others. Live long and.. well you know the rest.. LOL

Knight Vision

[Edited by Knight_Vision on 10-16-2000 at 12:49 PM]

Frenzied Member

contridictions in the bible..

did you miss those posts about contridictions?

if so
    go back
    you will find quite few of them
    and i am about to post set 4..

1.) Which one will show you a GOD of love? Well, you can take away 10% of religion.

2.) Which one will show you everlastiing life? That's another 16% broken off...
    go on...
    i like to see 100% made up based on your way of thinking
    i wonder if my religion is going to miss any of it

Kovan.. I now understand what your saying.. And yes, it would seem that there are contradictions.. I too had that problem at first. But with a little studying, I found the oposite. You too will have to do the research. You'll also find different. If you truely want help on that, just ICQ me.

As far as the eliminating religions goes, I was only using that as an example of what I did. It's a LOT more involved then that. hehe. it is funny how you put it though.. LOL

Knight

Frenzied Member

i doesnt got icq here

"dictators" on this end wont let me us the port to load icq on

but it was kinda weird how you started to break it into %
    and i kinda wanted to know if i was missing something in my religion..
    damn you, should finish what you started hehe

i have done a lot of research
    and yes i want help on that..
    because i am NOT, i repeat NOT NOT posting these to trash the bible..
    but based on what i have found and undrestood, i know its corrupted as the book i wrote (mind you it never made it to the best sellers list)

to make it FAIR
    i would like a explaination for each of them
    and so that other people that have same thinking as me
    could see it as well

sank you
    i still wanna see that %

Ok, give me a few days.. I have to write it up. I'll e-mail it to you.. I will NOT post it here.. Too many people like to critisize...

Knight

Nonono, Gen-X, chickening out huh? I thought you had at least some explanation to what you're doing really?!?!?!?!

You know, if youre aint going to reply me, i'm think you don't have an answer either!

Now Gen-x, why do you keep looking at "most religions" all the time and especially christians, when were talking about god?
    I keep looking at them because they are the ones that are most well known and well defined. I don't know what your belief structure is or that of other people who have a personal structure so I can't comment can I?
    Look at this very closely:
    1. you are looking at "a persons belief structure" to comment it. May I ask WHY??????
    2. you are looking at christians, hang up at details, contradictions and accuse God for them, and doing this collecting evidence that there is no God. May I also ask, what you are trying to accomplish?
    3. May I also ask you why you would think there is a connection between Christians, and a possible God?

Use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast