Thread: CodeBank Policy Regarding Attachments - Please Read

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

CodeBank Policy Regarding Attachments - Please Read

Unfortunately, computer virus contamination has become an unpleasant and often destructive fact of life. Often people pass along a virus without even realizing they are doing so. In an attempt to keep the CodeBank forum sections a safe and protected place within which to post and exchange useful pieces of programming code, compiled files will no longer be permitted in attachments.

If a piece of compiled code is found in an attachment, the attachment will be downloaded, the compiled file will be removed (regardless of what it is), the original attachment will be removed, and the zip file reattached to the forum thread, intact, minus the compiled file. The original thread will be edited with a note indicating the action taken, and a PM sent to the poster referencing the policy outlined here.

Many people (myself included) will not download an attachment if it contains anything that is compiled, so by including something like that in your attachment, you could be doing yourself a disservice. Many people who could benefit from your work and achievements will not be doing so because they are afraid to open what you have posted.

On behalf of all forum members, thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions concerning this policy, please feel free to send me a PM.
    Last edited by Hack; May 3rd, 2005 at 06:19 PM.