Page 1601 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 60111011501155115911598159916001601160216031604161116511701 ... LastLast
Results 64,001 to 64,040 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I've never known gophers to be in the woods. Ours were always in the fields.
    I remember seeing gopher mounds in the fields that were popping up in our direction every year, but that came to a halt 30 meters from our garden when we got our cat.

She likes to gift us one or two of these buggers every year.

That is one of the issues. The woodchucks we had were larger than any normal cat (there are some massively fat ones that would outweigh a woodchuck). We have a few varieties of gophers out here, some of which are quite tiny. They live pretty similar lives, and are related, but not the same thing.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

How much wood can a woodchucker chuck?

How far up can an upchucker chuck?

We had a guy named Chuck who worked with us decades ago - could not hold his liquor...

I believe the song morphed into "How much chuck could Chuck up-chuck if Chuck could up-chuck chuck".

It's sad that we cannot purge a memory like that and free up some space for better stuff!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Sounds like there WAS some purging, just not of the right stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonker Gudd View Post
    How much wood can a woodchucker chuck?
    Finally! I was waiting for someone to post that!
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    We had a guy named Chuck who worked with us decades ago - could not hold his liquor...

I believe the song morphed into "How much chuck could Chuck up-chuck if Chuck could up-chuck chuck".

It's sad that we cannot purge a memory like that and free up some space for better stuff!
    So you sang about how much Chuck could Chuck up-chuck? So throwing himself up?
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    So you sang about how much Chuck could Chuck up-chuck? So throwing himself up?
    Yes - get a bunch of 20-something-year-old programmers in an office and it's easy to memorialize someones bad night in song! I can recall losing the office drinking contest one Christmas - actually recall is not the right word - I can vividly still see the photo's they took of my passed out body with various blow up doll toys!

We would throw pennies at people who came up with bad ideas during development meetings! Oh the 80's!

We all had VAX-programmer hats made. Also had a VAX-a##hole hat that we gave to the programmer with the most bugs!

No one liked Keith - so we re-arranged the keys on his keyboard to say "Keith Sucks!" - lol!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    Yes - get a bunch of 20-something-year-old programmers in an office and it's easy to memorialize someones bad night in song! I can recall losing the office drinking contest one Christmas - actually recall is not the right word - I can vividly still see the photo's they took of my passed out body with various blow up doll toys!

We would throw pennies at people who came up with bad ideas during development meetings! Oh the 80's!

We all had VAX-programmer hats made. Also had a VAX-a##hole hat that we gave to the programmer with the most bugs!

No one liked Keith - so we re-arranged the keys on his keyboard to say "Keith Sucks!" - lol!
    You guys were wild! lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I alphabetized a keyboard, one time. Makes it easier to find the keys.

Guess you found the key for success

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Better yet, I had a guy working for me who was a dedicated hunt-and-peck typist with an "a" and "s" in his name. I swapped the A and S keys, which is a change so simple that most people wouldn't necessarily notice it....but he couldn't log in anymore.

Happy Friday! I have a weekend full of yardwork in the 95 degree weather

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

Yeah, 100 degrees in Modesto but that's normal for mid July. Thank God for A/C, always 75 in my house during the summer months. I was just thinking about when I was growing up, we lived in lots of houses without any type of A/C except maybe one fan in the living room. Don't know how we did it, I do remember it wasn't fun, I'd have a stroke now a days.

You are probably too far but I assume you didnt feel the earthquake last week?

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I have AC, but haven't needed to turn it on, yet. The downstairs (where the computer is) stays pretty comfortable as long as the temperatures stay below 100. Might be turning it on this weekend, though.

We have 27 solar panels so usually we dont get more than a $10 electric bill during the summer when we run the central AC all day and well into the night

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

You are probably too far but I assume you didnt feel the earthquake last week?
    Yeah, I was in my kitchen fixing dinner and had stopped to check something on TV, then I felt my wheelchair rock slightly and my balance was affected a little. It wasn't normal and I wondered if there had been a quake but I thought I'd had probably just twitched without realizing it. You were a lot closer, hope you didn't get any damage.

I'm about 110 miles from the epicenter and definitely felt it. I was at my desk at home and everything started shaking, rolling motion and then I got disoriented. It kept going and I was thinking I should get up and either get cover or go outside. Probably about 20-30 seconds. No damage as just wasnt strong enough but man those people in Ridgecrest got it bad!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I'll be down in Ridgecrest area in a few weeks. There was another aftershock yesterday. Perhaps I'll be shaken.

We have 27 solar panels so usually we dont get more than a $10 electric bill during the summer when we run the central AC all day and well into the night
    I've thought about doing that. My summer bills are trivial, currently, but my winter bills are high due to having mostly electric heat. So, I use electricity when the sun doesn't shine. In fact, it's a bit worse in this valley because the winter inversion often means that we're under/in thick clouds for weeks on end. So, I probably can't generate when I use the most electricity.

I'll be down in Ridgecrest area in a few weeks. There was another aftershock yesterday. Perhaps I'll be shaken.
    But not stirred

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

I've thought about doing that. My summer bills are trivial, currently, but my winter bills are high due to having mostly electric heat. So, I use electricity when the sun doesn't shine. In fact, it's a bit worse in this valley because the winter inversion often means that we're under/in thick clouds for weeks on end. So, I probably can't generate when I use the most electricity.
    There is new Tesla solar technology where they use their battery technology to store solar energy in batteries at your house (in your garage perhaps) for later use when the sun dont shine. This will change things drastically. If we generate too much electricity its "supposedly" sold back to the electric company and we build a credit. Seems better to keep all we generate for use whenever and not have them ding us for a "delivery" charge on electricity we sold back to them. Just more ways to nickle and dime us so we get nothing

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Our electric company is very reluctant to allow solar development. It can happen, they just don't want it to happen too fast.

Do they offer free solar cookies?

They don't offer free anything, not even a free kick in the pants...which nobody wants to begin with.

We have some companies offering free solar here but you dont own the panels and any extra electricity is not yours

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

We appear to do a lease to own kind of thing, primarily, but the power company doesn't want too many people taking them up on the offer. Basically, you spread the cost out over a lengthy period of time. I haven't looked into it very closely, at this point. Too many uncertainties, at the moment.

Another evening of slaving away taking out our avocado tree. My neighbor is helping and we finally got it out after 3 days of part time work (due to the heat). Its a massive stump!

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Where's Chenko gone?

Wheres the beef?

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Inside the iguana.

the iguana is inside the cow

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Everything is inside your mind.

I had a kitty-cat walk past my tent two nights back on my last night out. It was a BIG kitty-cat, though. I didn't see it, but found the prints in the dust the next morning. At first I thought it was a dog, despite having no claw marks. When the tracks left the trail and didn't come back, I realized that it had to have been a mountain lion.

Fortunately, it didn't appear to have caught my scent, or it likely would have tried to bury me.

I had a kitty-cat walk past my tent two nights back on my last night out. It was a BIG kitty-cat, though. I didn't see it, but found the prints in the dust the next morning. At first I thought it was a dog, despite having no claw marks. When the tracks left the trail and didn't come back, I realized that it had to have been a mountain lion.

Fortunately, it didn't appear to have caught my scent, or it likely would have tried to bury me.
    Maybe he didnt like your scent

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

That's why he would have tried to bury me.

The post race slid while I was counting fish. If you can't count on fish, what can you count on? Fingers are so old school.

Fish can count on fins

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Page 1601 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 60111011501155115911598159916001601160216031604161116511701 ... LastLast