Page 1695 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 695119515951645168516921693169416951696169716981705 ... LastLast
Results 67,761 to 67,800 of 68959

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Actually, it's not taboo. The problem is that myocarditis can be a side effect of COVID-19. That's what was generally not addressed. There did appear to be an increase in those who got the vaccines, but it was less than the increase in those who got COVID itself. That point was widely reported in the literature, but not by certain groups.
    This was actually a misdirect by Fauci when presented with the myocarditis question.

When pressed on it, he admitted that there did appear to be a minor uptick in myocarditis in vaccinated persons but went on to say that there was a greater risk of getting myocarditis in people who get COVID. However, the COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent you from catching COVID, rather they are designed to prevent you from becoming seriously ill.

So what I am referring to as a misdirection is the implication was that non-vaccinated individuals are more likely to get myocarditis than vaccinated individuals, when in all likelihood it is probably the other way around, albeit a smaller increase.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Also, for what its worth, I am completely fine saying that I don't know what happened to Damar Hamlin.

It is more than likely that, while playing an extreme contact sport like football, he suffered a medical emergency that would have happened regardless of his vaccination status (which I don't know if he is or isn't).

But if you are wondering why so many people are willing to jump on extreme theories like Damar Hamlin's medical emergency was related to the vaccination, it is because the corporate media has been perceived to be pushing a certain narrative for years.

Whether that is fair or not is a different story, but that to me is the biggest reason why so many people have been buying into conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    I certainly do not consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but I also find myself questioning narratives.
    In days past, I would allow myself to buy into the argument from the point of view of authority.......Whereas now I have almost no faith in traditional sources of authority.
    It is as if the corporate media REFUSES to look into the mirror and ask themselves "maybe we had something to do with this".
    You are starting to see. Your eyes are opening. Careful though because skeptics tend to quickly becomes pariahs these days. I'll also say this, question everything "they" say, not just about Covid. Question every single thing!
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

The number of conspiracies taking place plays into the growth of mistrust and skepticism.

People can work themselves into a lather about nothings, that's true. That doesn't imply that every suspicion that runs contrary to Received Doctrine is baseless. And in this case that Doctrine has more cracks revealed in it every day.

The masses are fed so much misinformation. Sometimes it is a substitute for education, which takes more time and is harder to get the masses to sit still for. Right now you hear people parroting the line that "nuclear fusion gives you something for nothing." The only question is whether that's just dumbing the subject down to keep the peanut gallery quiet or advancing an agenda bypassing criticism by claiming rose colored "magic."

But I'm not sure this thread was meant to host discussions of this nature anyway.

PowerPoster

dday, your last few posts are exactly how I feel FWIW. Especially the "anti-vaxx" label. I'll take an MMR vax, or a DPT vax every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I won't take a hastily developed, overpromised, underdelivering, experimental vaccine that "gives me antibodies" that I already have. And the fact that we're this far along and there's still animosity about people who didn't get the covid vaccination (New York Governor refusing to rehire healthcare workers that were fired for being unvaccinated for Covid despite the fact that they are short tens of thousands of healthcare workers...because she wants people who go to the doctor to feel safe that they won't get sick) is patently absurd. I mean, if people in power are still going along with the implied narrative that everyone unvaccinated for Covid is, and always will be, a permanently Covid carrying super-spreader, ejaculating new Covid variants for the rest of their lives, then we're completely done as a society.

I was actually coming in here to see if anyone had any guesses about what the Paul Pelosi police body camera video will reveal. It seemed pretty obvious to me that if the incident was, in fact, a "MAGA Trump" supporter that broke into the house of the person 3rd in line for the presidency, and attempted to murder her husband, then the story would not have died after like 3 days in the news cycle like it did.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    The masses are fed so much misinformation. Sometimes it is a substitute for education, which takes more time and is harder to get the masses to sit still for.
    I actually have a theory about it, an opinion that has been forming since last December. I'm beginning to think it's deliberate and actually quite genius. It's part of a machine designed to harness power while blinding the population to what is actually being done with that power.

Here's a basic idea of how I think it works. You have a political party that wants power and you have a group of weirdos, outcasts and crazy people that feel marginalized. This political party realizes that if they pander to the outcasts, they will get support from them which turns into votes which will eventually give the party the power they want. So the party does that. They cater to every whim of the outcasts no matter how insane. The party eventually wins power from the votes and support of the outcasts. The real genius is what happens next. The normal people see the crazy policies, laws and misinformation being promoted by the party using their new found power so naturally they question it. What results is a massive battle between normies and the outcasts played out in public spaces both online and offline. The battles are so intense and so fierce that no one is looking at what the party is actually doing with the power given to them by the outcasts. The party uses their power to not only gain more power but to become more wealthy than ever before. The party doesn't actually care about the issues of the outcasts, they only pretend to because it keeps them in power and it creates a distraction at the same time. Genius when you think about it.

This I believe is the true game being played.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

There is something going on outside my house. I have yet to bother getting up to see what it is, because I'm pretty sure I know. I believe that some company is installing fiber in the neighborhood, and their doing that by running something outside my house that sounds like a jackhammer with a deep bass beat to it.
    Did you find out what's going on outside? Or did you already tap the line for free cable?

Always reminds me of this Family Guy clip:

PowerPoster

There is something going on outside my house. I have yet to bother getting up to see what it is, because I'm pretty sure I know. I believe that some company is installing fiber in the neighborhood, and their doing that by running something outside my house that sounds like a jackhammer with a deep bass beat to it.
    What came to my mind was:

Ok, not quite a fishing hat. But are you going the distance?

Sure seems like a fishing hat. Just needs to have some lures attached to it, or flies.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

I'm still not sure what's going on outside. I was waiting for them to hit something important, like the irrigation lines, or something more exciting, like the power. Everything is underground in this neighborhood, so there are options. So far, nothing has happened. On the other hand, they picked a good time. It will be a couple months before I turn on the irrigation and find out whether or not they did some damage.

By the time I left the house, it was dark. I have yet to see the results during the day. It's kind of interesting. They dug up a part of my yard. I think they might have set the sod aside, then replaced it. I'll have to look in daylight, but that will be this weekend.

We cannot put stuff underground here, the water table is too high.

Oddly, the water tables isn't all that far down for me, either. That's a bit unusual for a desert, but I happen to live nearly on a spring line. A considerable amount of water is coming out of the ground pretty near me. I'm on a bit of a rise above the major springs, so I might have to go as far as 10-20 feet down to hit water, but it might be even closer.

We only have to dig a couple of inches.

When I installed my mailbox, it was a pain in the butt because the guy lined the yard back in the 60s with oyster shells. So not only was I battling a high water table but I was also battling trying to dig out those shells too.

My hands came out sooooo blistered.

My property has some oddities to it, as well, though of a different sort. I found a few pottery shards, though not old ones, so this might have been part of a farm. Near the street, the soil is rocky and poor, whereas the rest of it is rich loam. My guess is that the house was surrounded by topsoil that had been trucked in, though it is also possible that the soil near the street is what is unusual. Perhaps an old channel, or some such, as the rocks are alluvial.

Was it was a medieval brothel?

It isn't that old. Might have been a brothel, though.

PowerPoster

Well gosh. In any case I'd scout out some of those residual boulders to get up onto in emergencies. Graboids can be pretty nasty and they sail right through those alluvial deposits.

I had to look that one up. Pretty unlikely to be any graboids in this area. Whether there is water a few feet below the surface, or further down, there's certainly basalt not very far down. Makes it hard for graboids to navigate.

Much of this area is a series of basalt flows with soil on top of them. Some of the flows come from Craters of the Moon, some from other rifts. Lava has flowed this way or that many times over the millennia.

You might say that this area is a real lava..tory.

Sorry for the bathroom humor. I guess I'm all washed up.

PowerPoster

Well I was expecting something along the lines of graboids making hard to sit for long. Pardon my French.

Yeah, that could be.

PowerPoster

At the risk of being obtuse in realizing you are following my nonsense, I was referring to the movie "Tremors."

Hilarious and enjoyable. Great example of schlock film yet still watchable. The actors involved are aging toward obscurity though, so get it before it goes cold... like the pizza you eat along with it among friends and family.

PowerPoster

Between QB problems and the defensive penalties the 9'ers got mugged. Though I wasn't impressed by the Eagles offense. Maybe it was because of the 9'ers defense.

The Cincy - Chiefs game was excellent. Chris Jones had a hell of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonker Gudd View Post
    Was it was a medieval brothel?
    It was never admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Between QB problems and the defensive penalties the 9'ers got mugged. Though I wasn't impressed by the Eagles offense. Maybe it was because of the 9'ers defense.

The Cincy - Chiefs game was excellent. Chris Jones had a hell of a game.
    When Purdy had to come back in, the niners were cooked. He couldn't throw a forward pass of any distance with any speed, so there was no hope. Their defense couldn't win the game.

I'm favoring the Eagles in the SB, though. I think their D is better than that of KC, and the KC receiver corps is decimated. They've gone quiet for long stretches in most games. They might not have the luxury to do so against the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    At the risk of being obtuse in realizing you are following my nonsense, I was referring to the movie "Tremors."

Hilarious and enjoyable. Great example of schlock film yet still watchable. The actors involved are aging toward obscurity though, so get it before it goes cold... like the pizza you eat along with it among friends and family.
    I had to look it up, as I have never seen the movie. I'm pretty sure I've heard of it, though.

PowerPoster

It is all pretty tongue-in-cheek and fundamentally a genre spoof. The odd thing is that it worked... at least in the first film which stands on its own very well.

I guess it's "fly eagles fly" for me.

I think that's going to happen. I like both teams, but one is healthy and the other is not. Also, they both have great offenses, and the healthy team has a stout defense.

PowerPoster

Awfully quiet around here. Are you all busy running sims on who is going to win the Super Bowl? I just placed a large bet that Tom Brady will be named the Super Bowl MVP. The GOAT wont let me down!!!

I’ve been incredibly busy. Aside from my 9 to 5, I just completed two contract jobs and have two more lined up. Plus I’m wanting to get involved with my church too.

I've been credibly busy. 52,000 duplicate records in a database....except that they aren't perfect duplicates. They are just different enough that we can't figure out what they are. It's entertaining.

Meanwhile, I have a digital picture frame cycling through the last 35 years of hikes and bike rides. I was just looking at a picture of a hillside of miner's lettuce. It's kind of bland, but then again, so is every other kind of lettuce I've ever had.

I was really happy when I found out that stuff was edible, though. I said, "lettuce celebrate!"

PowerPoster

Thanks for reminding me. i need to sow a new crop of sprouts.

PowerPoster

Are you going to reap those sprouts?

PowerPoster

Inevitably.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Sprouts are entirely unsuitable for sowing. You can't get the needle through them.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Page 1695 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 695119515951645168516921693169416951696169716981705 ... LastLast