Page 1611 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 61111111511156116011608160916101611161216131614162116611711 ... LastLast
Results 64,401 to 64,440 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Not wanting to look. It would be better if it was warm enough out for a lengthy bike ride.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Yeah, I sold my insurance agency and start a career at a software development firm. Pretty excited considering that I don't have any education in CS. Plus its nice that I was able to pay off my house with the proceeds of my sale of my business
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

It's turning into spring out here. Today won't make 70, tomorrow will top 80. That's our spring. We were almost at 90 last week, then dropped back to 50 the next day.

Ive lost 7 pounds! Side business blowing up with sales as everyone got their stimulus checks Having a record year even after last years record 200% increase!

Going to be well in to the 90s tomorrow and 80s today.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Still doing the rental homes?

Yea so to speak as my third job. I rent my house to my daughter and her boyfriend with their kids at a discount for family. I got married a few years ago and moved into my wifes house. I started my small carbon fiber car parts business back in January 2012 and we ship world wide now. Canada and the middle east are my main international customer base. I'm still programming professionally as my day job. So I'm multitasking to the max lol.

I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

What do you specialize in with the carbon fiber parts? The reason I ask is because there is a small but dedicated Mustang II community that is finding it increasingly difficult to find parts.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I rent out properties and I'm taking an absolute bath on it right now. I've lost 4 tenants as they've gone back to stay with family during the lockdown and decided not to return. That represents a little under £2K a month and there's really no way of refilling those tenancies during lockdown so I'm just having to take it on the chin.

Thankfully my development work has carried on (and I even managed to negotiate a rate increase) and that's covering the loss. So I'm actually reasonably comfortable but I'm watching my retirement roll back in the dim and distant future.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I'm pretty nearly unchanged. Thinking about changing jobs, more or less, to semi-retire while I can still hike.

Would you move to more of a consulting role?

Yeah, that's the plan. There's a project that a few states have tried out. They've ended up with highly proprietary systems costing from half a million to millions. I have created a generic, plug-in, based variant. I don't want to sell it, because that's not who I want to be, but if I can find a host or hosts (probably state agencies or academic institutions), then I'd be happy to maintain the core elements and build custom plugins for people. Wouldn't need all that much money, either, as I can retire early with a pension that would cover most of my living expenses, and I'd gladly trade money for time, these days, especially if it's flexible time.

COVID has put me on the back foot, though. My plan was to take a bit of a tour this fall, talking to various interested parties. Now....I don't know if anybody will be open to talking about anything, to anybody, at any particular time.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    What do you specialize in with the carbon fiber parts? The reason I ask is because there is a small but dedicated Mustang II community that is finding it increasingly difficult to find parts.
    Mostly the newer models as Ive found that mustangs from 64.5 to 86 dont have a market. Its rare that a guy will be looking for carbon parts as most restore back to original.

Maybe they looking for oem parts as sure those got to be scarce.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

The II has a good suspension and body for drag racing and so a lot of people tear out their II and convert it to a drag racer (which I hate to be honest).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    COVID has put me on the back foot, though. My plan was to take a bit of a tour this fall, talking to various interested parties. Now....I don't know if anybody will be open to talking about anything, to anybody, at any particular time.
    The COVID problem will stop at a some point, it is just a question of time. Don't despair, you should be able to back to you plan in a few months and have just a 6 month shift. If you do your tour during winter or next spring, they may even have new budget.
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

Yeah, or they may be underwater and sinking, or back into lock down. The issue with COVID is not so much the damage it is doing, as the uncertainty that it brings with it. Very hard to plan for this fall or winter with so much yet to be resolved.

Everyone must plan for uncertainty.

I'm uncertain about that.

Are you sure?

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Just checking...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

At what point did the scientist determine whether the cat was in the box or they were?

What a strange year this has been.

My boys just turned 19 and they are stuck at UMaine. Miss them badly. Keeping safe though...

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

At what point did the scientist determine whether the cat was in the box or they were?
    it is a question of Reference frames so both are Ok (well, that's what Albert told me)

beside that, Humans are not meant to stay locked up with maybe a cat but the cat may consent to be locked up with maybe a human (if this one feed it), that maybe why they try to put the cat in the box and stay outside (a lot of maybe !!)
    Last edited by Delaney; May 23rd, 2020 at 12:11 PM.
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)

Has there ever been a cat that didn't WANT to be in a box?

PowerPoster

Has there ever been a cat that didn't WANT to be in a box?
    Yeah, the one your trying to put in a box. When I had to put my cat into a carrier, there would be blood!!! Then the poor guy would panic, never a pleasant experience for either of us. If I would left the carrier open on the floor he would have probably slept in it.

My sisters cats complained loudly about the carriers...but they'd sleep on them, too. It was something of a love/hate relationship.

I used to have cats. Then one never returned. Broke the other ones heart unfortunately, they were never quite the same. Poor things.
    Zeegnahtuer?

My actual cat doesn't care of any box, it prefers the dog basket. So the dog sleeps on the floor.

We call the floor the "dog shelf" in England. I think we're weird for that.
    Zeegnahtuer?

sometime the dog is already in its basket when the cat want to sleep but it doesn't seem to bother the cat...
    Name:  20180829_125141.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  22.5 KB

Luckily, the basket appears to be large enough for them both!
    Zeegnahtuer?

Yeah, but that cats going to gradually shuffle left until he's got the lot. A cat would definitely hog the arm rest in a cinema.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

he, he, that's totally true

Name:  20181014_223019.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  30.0 KB

In my house, the cat is a poor, unhappy animal...

PS: it is not the picture right after the former one, but it is always finishing like that...
    Last edited by Delaney; May 26th, 2020 at 05:28 AM.

Uh oh. The Post Race is turning into a cat picture thread...

that's Schrödinger's fault

Lolcatz!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
    that's Schrödinger's fault
    Well, it is and it isn't. We don't know, yet.

Chit chat has been active, these days. It's almost as if a whole lot of people were staying home, or something.

That and we think like babies, so aren't capable of posting anywhere else!

Page 1611 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 61111111511156116011608160916101611161216131614162116611711 ... LastLast