Page 1604 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 60411041504155415941601160216031604160516061607161416541704 ... LastLast
Results 64,121 to 64,160 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

PowerPoster

Re: Post Race!

Come on people, I need more posts to read with my morning coffee. Shirley Shaggy has a fun pun to share.

I met Bruce Lee’s vegetarian brother today.

His name is Brocko Lee.

I don't make puns.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

And don't call me surely.

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    And don't call me surely.
    It makes him surly.

He has his head in the clouds, azuredly.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

I most azuredly do not. My cumulous knowledge of cloud computing is cirrus-ly limited.

Sinecure devotee

Sounds like you're related to "Slip" Mahoney. Must be a west coast cousin.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

Can't say I get that reference.

Sinecure devotee

Yeah, I figured the leader of "The Bowery Boys" series from the 50's would be a bit obscure (although perhaps age appropriate).
    His character was known for his malapropism, which the phrase "cumulous knowledge" certainly sounds like something he would say and "cirrus-ly" might be considered an example of a malaprop, although that could be a stretch.

I wasn't around in the 50's, and I didn't have a TV until...well, I still don't have one, so we'll see.

Sinecure devotee

Well, if you were really curious, I'm sure episodes could be found on-line, but I don't know that it would be worth the effort.
    For some reason, I figured you were a bit older than I, but then I wasn't around for most of the 50's either.

In my case, I've really only seen them because of the TCM (Turner Classic Movies) channel. I donate platelets every couple of weeks which means sitting / lying on a recliner type chair at the local redcross donation center for a bit more than two hours every other Saturday. I don't like commercials, so I put up with watching old movies on TCM during that time that I'm immobilized.

As an alternative, the redcross have a bunch of movies on DVDs that I could choose from, but that just seems like too much work, so I settle for watching the "classics". They did start going through a long series of Tarzan movies, and after a number of weeks of that, it was too much and so I moved on to another network for awhile, but the Tarzan period is over, so I'm back.

Wouldn't have seen them otherwise, as I don't care to watch TV at home, and didn't have one in the house myself, until I got married.

PowerPoster

Though the thought of not ever watching TV seems strange to me, I've heard it enough times that it doesn't surprise me. To each his own. But what I find bizarre is people that watch TV/Movies on their phones/Tablets/Laptops. To my grandkids this is just normal. I'm old school, 65", surround sound, recliner and beverage.

April 2 1604 was the date of the initial precedent put into practice by Parliament during the speakership of Sir Edward Phelips (and which is now part of Erskine May [the UK parliamentary rule book]) which the then Speaker Bercow cited during 2019 for refusing to allow more than one vote on essentially the same Brexit motion in the same parliamentary session.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

That's a good point. Everybody should know that.

as useless information for quizzes
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    That's a good point. Everybody should know that.
    4 out of 5 dentists know that
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

That fifth dentist...is a total idiot.

PowerPoster

Think he's my Dentist. Told me to brush side to side, not up and down?????

Speaking of dentists....

Name:  dentist.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  23.6 KB

NOT the 5th dentist

Name:  1f32ae459e0fabf7ae7b5cee9689e240.jpg
Views: 1625
Size:  36.5 KB
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Which...explains why he appears to be missing a fang?

Yes and it was a catastrophe when he got it pulled

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

PowerPoster

Don't worry, I haven't forgot about you Post Race. The new Post Race may be younger but you got more characters!!!

String.Length.

strlen(const char*);

Len (string)

I was thinking of getting Len(something) with a squiggly line under the something, which would get me Len-y and squigg-y, but it would require a picture...and it's too much work for the post race.

but this is the work

The post race must limp right along.

Orc Paste?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Pasting an orc? Seems like a dubious idea.

What - no Monday morning reads?

Pare cost?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Here for the replies

Im here to preorder the new cybertruck

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    Im here to preorder the new cybertruck
    It would probably look great with square wheels.

Sinecure devotee

I found it interesting/funny that no one at Tesla understood the physics, or didn't speak up, when they decided to demonstrate the toughness of the windows by throwing a heavy steel bearing at the side windows.

In the factory they had thrown various things at the windows, like wrenches and other items hanging around the shop and the windows didn't break.
    But during the live demo had decided to throw a small steel ball at the windows, I guess figuring they were even lighter than the wrenches, and then were surprised when the windows fracture in a circle around the point of impact.

Hey Tesla, you throw a wrench at a window a lot of the momentum of the wrench will be transferred along the wrench to impart rotation around the center of mass when it hits something, so the impact on the window is much less at any give time, and you also get multiple impacts.
    If you throw a sphere at a window, pretty much the full mass and momentum of the sphere will impact the very small tangent point of where the sphere contacts the window. So, throwing a steel bearing at the window is like holding a pointy chisel against the window and hitting the chisel with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennial View Post
    It would probably look great with square wheels.

It also looks great in Matte Black, and its solar powered

Are we still on 1604? When's 1605 due?

PowerPoster

Well for all our USA members, hope you have a Great Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving you should at least help with the dishes!!

Page 1604 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 60411041504155415941601160216031604160516061607161416541704 ... LastLast