Page 1605 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 60511051505155515951602160316041605160616071608161516551705 ... LastLast
Results 64,161 to 64,200 of 68908

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Well for all our USA members, hope you have a Great Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving you should at least help with the dishes!!
    I actually DID help with the dishes lol
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Well for all our USA members, hope you have a Great Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving you should at least help with the dishes!!
    I emptied a few of them, does that count?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

So, we're almost up to the solstice. Another year shrunk down to the shortest day of the year. Then comes the rebound.

I've patented a perpetual motion machine, so I'm good. Well, technically, it isn't a perpetual motion machine, as that would violate some physical laws (and those cops are TOUGH). My design involves harnessing the hot air coming out of Congress to generate enough electricity to end human dependence on oil for all time. Now, the obvious flaw in the design is that Congress might learn to get along....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, couldn't get that out without laughing.

As you were.

If the hot air from Congress was combined with the hot air from Parliament - then anything could be possible.........
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

We'd probably end up spinning away from the sun and freezing to death in the depths of space.

PowerPoster

If Congress and Parliament started putting the needs of the people first then it would be obvious that "The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" is real.

Wot - no Christmas post?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

'Tain't Christmas, yet. That would be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    'Tain't Christmas, yet. That would be tomorrow.
    That's just your narrow world view!

Norad Santa tracker has him in Vietnam now!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Dont we have a xmas thread?

Btw typing with one hand at work cause jacked up my left hand last night. Had to go to the ER.
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Sinecure devotee

You're suppose to jack up the Mustang, not your hand.... Live and Learn.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

Typing caused an injury sufficient to send you to the ER?

Ya know, when people talk about "strongly typed", that doesn't mean that you pound the keyboard so hard that it shatters and sends splinters through your hand.

and Best Wishes for the New Year May all your bugs be small and caught easily.

Or big and Coleoptera, for the beetle enthusiasts out there (like God).

stick's
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Styx

I thought the highlighted word was "stick" but I only realize now that it is a 4 letter word, what could it be?
    Name:  stick.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  10.6 KB
    Regards,

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Or is it a rooster?
    Regards,

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I actually put the asterisks in myself rather than relying on the profanity filter but I can confirm that it sounded a lot like "stick"
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I guess Shaggy is correct.
    Regards,

Naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by passel View Post
    You're suppose to jack up the Mustang, not your hand.... Live and Learn.
    Cryptic message from typing with one hand.

Jacked up my hand, hard to type now with just one hand.

Still healing after 3 weeks with another month or more to go.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

That's some serious damage, to take so long to heal.

That's some serious damage, to take so long to heal.
    Yea it is moderately serious. Basically road rash on street asphalt. While taking out the trash barrel one evening in the light rain I slipped and dropped ~125 lb on my fingers while still holding it. We live on a hill so it dragged about 6"-1 foot grinding the tops of my left hand fingers. Couldnt pull it out as barrel too heavy. So had to lift it up. Grinded all the skin off, some tendon and two small/short fractures at the middle finger knuckle by the nail. Its been 3 weeks and barely getting some movement in the most serious finger the middle one. I could post pictures but I'd have to ban myself lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

No pictures necessary, my mind visualized enough already......

Oooh! That sounds nasty! Hope it heals soon so you can once again wield the two-handed ban-hammer of justice.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    No pictures necessary, my mind visualized enough already......
    I posted it last month on FB burried in a comment to the post

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Oooh! That sounds nasty! Hope it heals soon so you can once again wield the two-handed ban-hammer of justice.
    Its actually healing quite fast for the severity. Hoping this weekend I can no longer need to soak it in iodine solution and no more band aids. Just starting a thin layer of scabbing

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

You had a 125lb trash barrel?????

Did you throw out your enormous stash of lead figurines, fishing weights, and assorted filings? I don't think I generate that weight of trash in a YEAR, unless you count yard waste.

Yea and actually may have been heavier. I've been working since late summer on leveling my backyard. We live on a hill and its 100+ year old house. So over the decades runoff coming down the hill was building up. Then some previous owner built a block wall and it stopped. The low end is about 1 foot high/thick of extra dirt and the high end next to the wall is 2.25 feet of extra dirt. So Im not able to spend $10,000 on landscaping I opted to do it myself. Its just time and manual labor. Every weekend for about 30-60 minutes I dig up 4 barrels of dirt about 1/2 way high and just throw it out lol. Already removed the dead avocado tree, a rubber tree, 4 bougainvillea trees, 2 clothes line poles with cement footings etc.

So on the previous week it was raining all week. On the weekend when it stopped I dug up very damp dirt filling the barrels 3/4 full, more than usual trying to speed my progress, being wet it was heavy af. Surprised the trash truck took it but at least I now know the limits lol.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

its 100+ year old house
    You have those in America?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    You have those in America?
    Just barely. Our house was built in 1919. Its a historic district with a few homes 10-20 years older than ours, max

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

When I was in grad school I lived for a year in an old dormitory from the 1800s. My room was kind of crazy. The doorway was 6' high, while the ceiling of the room was 12' high. It felt kind of like some strange igloo. What made it all the more entertaining is I'm 6' 3" high, so I had to duck pretty well to get through the doorway.

I did a backyard project like that. In my case, it was putting in a patio, raised gardens, and some other stuff. The first step involved a whole lot of dirt removal. I don't remember what I did with it all.

My house sits on a solid concrete slab. On hot summer days, I've often thought about cutting a hole through the floor in one closet, and digging out a 'basement'. It would be blissfully cool on hot summer days. Unfortunately, it would probably also be an indoor swimming pool, cause despite living in a desert, I believe the water table is not all that far beneath my house, due to the spring line emerging in the area.

I read this article on this guy that did a DIY wine storage bunker by digging a massive hole in his back yard, buried a shipping container, made concrete stairs with a pumping system for when it rained. Looked stealth from above as he had the grass replanted over it and the entry stair well was hidden behind a bush. He cheated though as used heavy equipment to dig the hole and lower the container in it lol

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

He cheated though as used heavy equipment to dig the hole and lower the container in it lol
    How was he supposed to do it, with a shovel and a hand winch ???
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

No, the legit way to do this is to rig up your trousers with some internal sleeves, then fill those with dirt and wander around the neighborhood letting a bit out at a time so that nobody suspects you are digging the hole. That's the Great Escape way to go about it. It's only a little bit harder to fool Homeowners Associations than it is to fool the gestapo because their greater diligence is somewhat offset by their generally elderly health.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    How was he supposed to do it, with a shovel and a hand winch ???
    Yes. I only have a shovel and my dog

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

No, the legit way to do this is to rig up your trousers with some internal sleeves, then fill those with dirt and wander around the neighborhood letting a bit out at a time so that nobody suspects you are digging the hole. That's the Great Escape way to go about it. It's only a little bit harder to fool Homeowners Associations than it is to fool the gestapo because their greater diligence is somewhat offset by their generally elderly health.
    Sounds like you have experience dropping droppings all over undetected lol

We dont have a homeowners association but we do have the historic society which regulates modifications to the exterior of houses.
    Last edited by RobDog888; Jan 27th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Sounds like you have experience dropping droppings all over undetected lol

We dont have a homeowners association but we do have the historic society which regulates modifications to the exterior of houses.
    Oh I DO have experience with that.

My brother-in-law dug out the basement of his shop, thereby creating a whole second floor. It was done really well, and entirely by hand, though he had to use a hammer drill with a chisel bit to cut through the clay soil.

Page 1605 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 60511051505155515951602160316041605160616071608161516551705 ... LastLast