Page 1625 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 6251125152515751615162216231624162516261627162816351675 ... LastLast
Results 64,961 to 65,000 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

Re: Post Race!

You caught the vid?

My wife had it and had very similar symptoms as you, the fatigue lasted for about a month.

Apparently my kids and I had it too, but we were all asymptomatic.

It's nuts how varying this thing can be.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

You're young. I'm not into the critical age range, but I'm kind of on the edge of it. I think FD would be in that range, as well, so a moderate-severe case is more likely. I expect that I'd survive it without too much difficulty, but it could knock me down for a good long time, and that I do not want.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

You caught the vid?
    Yep. It's muh... muh... muh... maeeeeyyy Corona!

the fatigue lasted for about a month.
    I'll take that as a positive. A month I can cope with.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Glad to here from ya. Sorry things got worse. Well, rest up, we'll keep an eye on VBF for ya. There will be a fee of course.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post

I'll take that as a positive. A month I can cope with.
    Yeah, you could hibernate through till spring...if you can bear it.

Drop.

I've seen a hedgehog and a squirrel in the garden. I thought at this time of year they would be hibernating. Is this global warming?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

I've seen a hedgehog and a squirrel in the garden. I thought at this time of year they would be hibernating. Is this global warming?
    Forget Hurricanes, Wildfires, and melting icecaps THIS is the proof we have been waiting for Hedgehogs and squirrels in the garden in January PROOVE that global warming is real !!!!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

is this a global warning ?
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

Or is this fantasy?

...caught in a landslide...
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Do squirrels hibernate anywhere? They don't hibernate in the US.

PowerPoster

Must be those lazy eyed English squirrels that I've heard so much about.

btw - No escape from reality

How has your fatigue been FD?

Apparently the UK squirrels don't hibernate either - so much for my knowledge! Apparently they are much less active (and hence much less likely to be seen - especially in cold weather) in winter when food is scarce. In cold weather they will curl up and use their bushy tail as a blanket to keep warm in their den.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

How has your fatigue been FD?
    I've been making like a squirrel. I curled up in my den and used my bushy tail to keep warm.

I reckon I'm operating at about 90%. I'm fine when I'm up and about but every so often I just crash and need to go for a nap. But I like naps, so I'm good with it.

Our squirrels spend the winter hanging out along the greenbelt begging for food.

In the past month we've had:

• two black bear visits (he enjoys the pig nut hickory tree we have - ate every last one, and our woodpecker's suet)
    • pair of happy red foxes jumping around the yard
    • coyote traveling up the other side of a brook we have in our yard
    • and yesterday at dusk a mink jumping in and out of the water catching fish!

And I live about an hour from NYC - wow! CT wildlife variety is on the rise!

I gotta get me a couple of trail cams!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

He was probably quite thankful for the suet. Did he just eat the suet, or did he eat the feeder, too?

The resurgence of wildlife in the New England area is astonishing to me. I grew up in southern NH, spending an hour or two walking in the woods every day that it wasn't raining (darn near every single day....seriously). Based on the tracks, I saw pretty much every animal that lived in that area, which was a biologists dream. I had a couple miles of woods, swamp, brook, and meadows, stretching up the valley behind our house. It was all flood plain easement, too, so nobody could build on there. In twenty years, I saw ONE other person out there who hadn't come out there with me.

In that time, deer were around, mustelids of all sorts were fairly common, but no bear, no moose, no coyotes, and no turkeys. Now all of those species have moved in.

I just had a thought: Do you think it could have been me?

@shaggy - yup - you are the Johnny Appleseed of the fish world! Our non-American viewers will have to look up that reference!

Funny thing is he grabbed the suet cage and dragged it down to the hickory tree. Second time he did that same thing - dragged it down there - and our son got pics of him eating it. We were blaming monster squirrels for opening the cage 50 feet away from the feeder area

We've even had bobcats as well - just not a frequent! Thus the need for a trail cam! I've lived in this house since 1972 - the wildlife increase is amazing. We have beaver damming up the woods a mile from my house, and state laws protect their activity (which is great!).

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    @shaggy - yup - you are the Johnny Appleseed of the fish world! Our non-American viewers will have to look up that reference!
    Don't be calling me that.

You probably aren't aware of it, but that particular phrase is used to deride people in fresh water fish biology. It has to do with the fact that all kinds of invasive fish species have been put all over the place, which we now regret.

Code:
    Funny thing is he grabbed the suet cage and dragged it down to the hickory tree.  Second time he did that same thing - dragged it down there - and our son got pics of him eating it.  We were blaming monster squirrels for opening the cage 50 feet away from the feeder area
    Suet has to be the ultimate winter treat for a bear.

We've even had bobcats as well - just not a frequent!
    Of course. That's because I wasn't there.

I've been with so many people who have said, "oh look, there's a bobcat!!" I look...and they say, "oh, it just left."

They aren't pulling my leg, either. I've been a few seconds late to seeing a bobcat more often than I can say. I've seen everything else, including the very first coyote ever seen in the Everglades. I didn't KNOW it was the very first coyote ever seen in the Everglades, I just knew it was a coyote. Only a few days later did I find out that the park was all atwitter (before Twitter was a thing) over the coyote being there. I thought it so unsurprising that I hadn't even told anybody, but lots of others had seen it, too, and they DID report it.

So American litigation tendencies extend to the wildlife?! Any time a bear sees something he doesn't like, he'll suet.

That's a bearly tolerable pun.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    In the past month we've had:

• two black bear visits (he enjoys the pig nut hickory tree we have - ate every last one, and our woodpecker's suet)
    • pair of happy red foxes jumping around the yard
    • coyote traveling up the other side of a brook we have in our yard
    • and yesterday at dusk a mink jumping in and out of the water catching fish!

And I live about an hour from NYC - wow! CT wildlife variety is on the rise!

I gotta get me a couple of trail cams!
    I see your bears and raise you a Hedgehog.... which is about the only animal I have seen in my garden recently that arent magpies or cats !!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

There are otters in my garden demanding cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonker Gudd View Post
    There are otters in my garden demanding cake.
    I was out at my sisters' place one time when an otter came out of a tiny, decorative, pond in their lawn. So...yeah, that happens. There weren't even any fish in that pond, though there were salamanders.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

so I am not a programmer, I don't drink coffee Oh wait... Yes I am one, I drink a lot of zero coke
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

so I am not a programmer, I don't drink coffee Oh wait... Yes I am one, I drink a lot of zero coke
    Don't they have some new diet coke that has come out with more caffiene?.. Yeah it's called Diet Coke XTRA: https://www.dietcoke.ca/en/xtra/infused-blackberry/

There was a soda sold back in the 80s and 90s, which may still be around, called Jolt. It was advertised as "All the sugar and twice the caffeine."

In my case, caffeine has no noticeable effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by kfcSmitty View Post
    Don't they have some new diet coke that has come out with more caffiene?.. Yeah it's called Diet Coke XTRA: https://www.dietcoke.ca/en/xtra/infused-blackberry/
    I didn't know that !! I have to taste it, but I think I won't find it in France

At one point, you could get caffeinated water. I assume that somebody made espresso with caffeinated water, just to up the kick a bit.

Nothing going on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    In my case, caffeine has no noticeable effect on me.
    Same. Been drinking coffee every morning since I was a kid, and it can't keep my awake when I am sleepy.
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

« Le meilleur pour les turbulences de l'esprit, c'est apprendre. C'est la seule chose qui n'échoue jamais... »
    « The best for turbulence of the mind is learning. It's the one thing that never fails ... »

Marguerite Yourcenar,

Nope, l'esprit is a bar down the bayou.

Those photos under Google maps did not show the building. The algorithm is broken!

Well, in this case, it is : learn to drink

PS : you can see a picture of the bar in the streetview mode

Here was a video from New Years Eve 2009 into 2010 where my wife's parrain, RIP, was playing You Shook Me All Night Long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQauZdwhZek

My wife and I are in that video quite a bit, but only accidentally (we're in a big crowd). I'll never forget that Ross was so proud because he had just bought a wireless guitar chord so he could walk out into the crowd while he was playing his guitar.

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    ... a wireless guitar chord ...
    We call that an air guitar.
    Having a wireless guitar cord on the other hand would be handy to connect the guitar output to an amplifier without a cable.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

Page 1625 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 6251125152515751615162216231624162516261627162816351675 ... LastLast