Page 1648 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 6481148154815981638164516461647164816491650165116581698 ... LastLast
Results 65,881 to 65,920 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

PowerPoster

Re: Post Race!

Wow, I didn't even know they were changing their name. Did they provide an explanation of why they chose Guardians? I think Guardians of the Galaxy was probably to long for the uniforms.

What about the unicorns?

Too horny.

However, Cleveland Guardians already existed as a Roller Derby team. Looks like the lawsuit was settled, though I didn't see what the settlement was.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Wow, I didn't even know they were changing their name. Did they provide an explanation of why they chose Guardians? I think Guardians of the Galaxy was probably to long for the uniforms.
    The name comes from a set of sculptures adorning a bridge next to the ballpark.
    https://www.wrhs.org/blog/the-guardians-of-traffic/
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel
    “Leave me alone, I know what I’m doing.” - Kimi Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Too horny.

However, Cleveland Guardians already existed as a Roller Derby team. Looks like the lawsuit was settled, though I didn't see what the settlement was.
    Terms weren't disclosed, but I'm sure it involved a bit of cash exchanging hands and both teams will use the name. Frankly I never knew the roller derby team even existed before the lawsuit was filed.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." - Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

Quote Originally Posted by Bonker Gudd View Post
    What about the unicorns?
    As I mentioned before The Cleveland Steamers would have been my choice.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...land%20Steamer

That would be utterly hilarious, and there isn't a chance that it would ever happen.

By the way, I've lost all faith in the Browns pulling out of their mediocrity.

By the way, I've lost all faith in the Browns pulling out of their mediocrity.
    Still 7 games to go with 4 of them in the division and the Lions at home tomorrow. Anything is possible. But then again I've been saying that for over 50 years now.

Right, that's what Brown's fans live on....cause what else is there?

The thing is that they've got the talent to dominate. They've shown they're able to, with games like the rout of a good Cincinnati team, but they just can't seem to put it all together with any kind of regularity.

You have to wonder whether it is some kind of team culture thing. The Patriots have some good talent here and there, but hardly transcendent, but they have been doing fairly well. They could end up winning their division almost out of force of habit rather than innate talent. Meanwhile, the Browns seem to be headed for mediocrity, also almost out of force of habit, despite abundant talent.

Back to my crap, Blender 3d was running dirt slow days ago, but not as bad as the Unreal Engine in a virtual machine... both in VMware and VirtualBox. But when I targeted the Windows (same version as my host) and Linux VMware players under the Nividia Control Panel to use my GPU, the newest version of Blender ran smoothly without hiccups. Wierd thing, the newest version of Blender crashes on my host computer, even after a system repair.

I haven't seen any improvements with Unreal. Couldn't wait (almost an hour) for it to load it's thousands of shaders just to start-up!

Has anyone else noticed the forum has improved stability? I haven't been on here in a while and the overall performance is much better.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Yeah, Steve did a great job of implementing a lot of the feedback.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

While the forum is much quicker and the behavior is much more stable, as a result we lost the ability to upload images directly via the insert image button in quick reply and the code highlight tag no longer works.

Well it "works" in the sense that it is still a valid tag, but it doesn't do any syntax highlighting:
    VB.NET Code:
    1. Private Sub Main()
    2.     Dim foo As String = "foo"
    3.     Console.WriteLine(foo)
    5.     foo = "bar"
    6.     Console.WriteLine(bar)
    7. End Sub

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    While the forum is much quicker and the behavior is much more stable, as a result we lost the ability to upload images directly via the insert image button in quick reply and the code highlight tag no longer works.
    That sucks. I actually came to find a replacement for the windows Taskbar, turns out it is part of explorer.exe and basically to replace it I have to replace the entire "shell"

I am not fully on board to upgrade to windows 11 either. I seen some news today that made me like it even less. Similar to the windows vista disaster.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Well it "works" in the sense that it is still a valid tag, but it doesn't do any syntax highlighting:
    VB.NET Code:
    1. Private Sub Main()
    2.     Dim foo As String = "foo"
    3.     Console.WriteLine(foo)
    5.     foo = "bar"
    6.     Console.WriteLine(bar)
    7. End Sub
    I've been meaning to ask. Why did they remove syntax highlighting? I loved those tags for that reason. It makes code easier to read on the forums.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

I don't know the actual answer to that, but I do remember that the HIGHLIGHT tag was somehow related to that annoying duplication thing that went on for a few months.

I suppose it might have been only one month, it just felt like two.

I see. I really hate that we lost syntax highlighting because of it. I find code far more difficult to "mentally parse" when everything is in one colour.

I might have to do like Elroy and use a 3rd party program to parse and add colour tags. I wonder what he uses for his posts. Did he write it himself or was it something he found on the 'net.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Also, why do textboxes in my Browser tell me that "colour" is spelt wrong? The war of independence from England was over a century ago and I think it's time Americans get back to spelling English words like "colour" and "centre" the right way!

You can always use greasemonkey, both for syntax highlighting and changing colour (backwards thinking people) to color (factual way to spell).

Every time I see "colour" spelt "color" I want to drive nails into my skull. You Americans are butchering the Queen's English

So, you don't like efficiency in your words?

How do you prefer your gray?

Well I grew and live up in former English colony and although we have our own dialect of broken English, our standard English is the only true English.......the Queen's English. "Grey", "colour" and "centre"....that's how we roll....

So, you don't like efficiency in your words?
    Of course. But correctness matters more.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Well I grew and live up in former English colony and although we have our own dialect of broken English, our standard English is the only true English.......the Queen's English. "Grey", "colour" and "centre"....that's how we roll....
    That's funny, I, too, grew up and live in a former English colony....though I suppose that the place I'm now living wasn't part of the colony, at the time. I was born, and grew up, in land that was part of the former English colony. We, too, have our own dialect of broken English. In fact, we have several of them, since American English has loads of other dialects within it.

Our standard English is widespread and pushy, but it isn't currently in all ways the Queen's English.

Personally I use the word "couleur" instead of color or colour
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

"I didn't know you were a vegan" said no one EVER.

Today I learned something on VBForums.

It was something I didn't want to know.

Serves me right for reading posts in the Post Race! and clicking a link to the urban definition of a word that definitely won't be used for a team name.

You people are sick. (But I mean that in the nicest way).

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Today I learned something on VBForums.

It was something I didn't want to know.

Serves me right for reading posts in the Post Race! and clicking a link to the urban definition of a word that definitely won't be used for a team name.

NSFW stuff, lol!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Well, that's Cleveland for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Why, thank you. You should follow me on facebook. I go by the name "Occhialoni Paesano" there.

Name:  you disgust me - go on.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  56.1 KB

I wonder what was in the mind of the founders of these cities

Name:  261329204_5140519745961460_5191886963851194756_n.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  31.6 KB
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

My grandfather was born in Waterproof, LA. Before the levee system, Waterproof was a town that (almost) never flooded. So they named it as such with tongue in cheek.

From what I gather, Waterproof has basically dwindled down to just a couple hundred residents. The only thing they really have there now are speed traps.

Some are probably named a long time back, and the meanings have subsequently changed.

Big Bottom: Probably refers to a wide open flood plain along a river.

Bald Head: A bald would be a promontory without trees, so it's probably a coastal headland with a prominent rocky knob on it.

Big Sag: Could also be the same source as what I suggested for Big Bottom.

Mormon Bar: LOTS of places out west, along rivers, are named after what amounts to sand bars along the river. <whatever> Bar is a name found all over western states for this reason. What name was given to the bar often has to do with who homesteaded first, or who died there, or what died there, or some historic event that happened there.

Moodus here in CT is named after a Sachem tribe - and is famous for the mysterious Moodus Noises!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

They aren't mysterious. It's just that nobody is fessing up!!!

The reason for the Santa Clause in Indiana is this: Town names in that state are all both borrowed and unimaginative.

Page 1648 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 6481148154815981638164516461647164816491650165116581698 ... LastLast