Page 1626 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 6261126152615761616162316241625162616271628162916361676 ... LastLast
Results 65,001 to 65,040 of 68910

Thread: Post Race!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Post Race!

You Shook Me All Night Long
    Pretty good rendition of it too. One of my faves.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by passel View Post
    We call that an air guitar.
    Having a wireless guitar cord on the other hand would be handy to connect the guitar output to an amplifier without a cable.
    Technically, a wireless guitar cord would be a string.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Sinecure devotee

I believe in most cases it would be a sleeve, not a string. And a lot of guitar strings are made from wire, so they would be air without the wire. Can you have nylon wire?
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

A sleeve becomes a string when stretched sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    A sleeve becomes a string when stretched sufficiently.
    Advanced string theory from our resident piscatorial master! The best of both worlds! We are all blessed!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

We have been blessed with the largest snowfall of the year, on this day....well, of this year so far....and I suppose I'm really talking about this WINTER, not this year, because otherwise I'm leaving out the snow that fell in December. I haven't bothered shoveling the walk, yet, and probably won't. The ground was warm enough that the walk melted most of the snow...until it cooled down enough, so now there is ice with a dusting of snow on top of it. Other places got 2-3 inches. Maybe even 4, really, but the sidewalk melted most of what hit it, so it's mostly just lumpy ice. Shoveling it wouldn't work so well, and might be counterproductive. Right now, the bit of snow provides a bit of traction.

It's still snowing, too, and might for the next several days. That's a bit of a surprise. We certainly need the snow in the mountains, and getting a bit in the valley isn't so bad, but this is kind of late in the year.

We were supposed to get snow, in South Louisiana.

I have lived below I-10 nearly all my life with a brief exception for a couple of months after Hurricane Rita. Long story short, I am not built for snow.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

It looks like now it won't snow on Saturday but it might snow on Monday.

That has to happen only about once every couple decades, or less.

I know that it has snowed in Miami at least once in recorded history, so I assume that you'd have snow, being so much further north as your are, but it has to be mighty rare.

When I was a boy, I saw snow once in '94.

What is crazy is that my son was born in '14 and he has seen snow 6 times already. In the past 7 years we have had more snow than we have had in the past 30 years.

The jet steam acts like a fence between the arctic and the temperate zones. As the arctic warms, the jet stream becomes increasingly sinusoidal, which means that arctic air can dig further south over the middle of the country.

Went up skiing. That was fine. Also got back home safely, but it wasn't great. Four mashed cars on the way down the mountain. Two had mashed each other, the other two may have mashed one another, or hit trees. I wasn't clear on that.

Normally, once I get to the valley, the roads are fine. Not tonight. It was ice all the way home. Several interesting accidents on the interstate. Top speed was probably about 30 mph. Nice, steady, slow, cruise home.

One small car had managed to rear-end a semi. Both had stopped. The car was only moderately damaged. The truck...looked about how you would expect a semi to look when it was bumped at low speed by a tiny car. I'm surprised they even realized they had been hit.

Something is missing from this thread hmmmm..............

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Moar!

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    Moar!
    MOAR!!!

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

is that the kind of fishes that Shaggy is studying ?
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

Only half of them.

Mermaids are impractical.

Soooooo we are definitely getting snow on tomorrow. 19 degree low with 100% chance of snow.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Careful, Niya. You know how that turned out last time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

We have been getting snow for two days, now. It's rare to get snow in the valley, and even this has been melting out a bit. Some places look like they have about a foot, some places look like they lost a bunch. There was a gap in the snow, yesterday, but it's back.

It won't last much, though. The snow is supposed to turn to rain by noon, and the temperatures should get well above freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Careful, Niya. You know how that turned out last time.

Nuggets ?
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)

We wound up getting precipitation at the wrong time and missed the snow. We got a bunch of sleet, but no snow.

My parents on the other hand got a ton of snow in Lake Charles. It is hilarious because there are pictures of friends using debris from the hurricane to scrape off ice.

Now there are videos of people using their hurricane debris for "snow boarding"

We got loads of snow, then it warmed, the sun came out, and it was melting fast this afternoon. Eventually, it also rained, which further dampened and melted it. Still plenty of snow out there, though. With the coming forecast, it won't last more than a day or two.

King of sapila

When I was a boy, I saw snow once in '94.

What is crazy is that my son was born in '14 and he has seen snow 6 times already. In the past 7 years we have had more snow than we have had in the past 30 years.
    Snowed today in Athens.
    It hasn't snowed for 12 years!

So everybody ignored the covid and went up to Likabetous hill.

Attachment 180233
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Mardi Gras!!!!

Drunk.

That is all.

Mardi Gras!!!!
    time for some crepe/pancake !!!

One of my clients is a health insurance provider. They recently got a $20 million dollar claim on a patient.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Must have been a hangnail. Those are murder.

The actual worse part is when I found out that the insurance carrier was able to negotiate it down to just $1 million. What is the real cost of care?

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Nobody knows. That kind of stuff happens all the time. Frankly, I don't think the providers know, nor do the insurance companies, nor anybody else. It's pretty messed up.

and the winner of the 'Most obnoxious company' award is......... facebook - for it's blocking of news feeds to its Australian users...
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Are you aware of the law that was recently passed in Australia that was the driving factor behind Facebook's decision? What obligation does a company have to continue offering a given service?

It seems to me like the government of Australia wants its cake and to eat it too.

I'd say that Facebook was capable of winning that award without the help of Australia.

I do like the fact that Facebook completely botched pulling out their Australian news feed.

People like doctors without borders got temporarily banned just for being tangentially related to "news" and this sort of thing happens all the time to libertarians. During the great purges of 2020 many libertarians were banned (some permanently) for holding ideas that aren't necessarily right-wing(or alt-right or neofascist, or whatever you want to call it) but weren't "mainstreamed".

Ultimately, Facebook is a private company that is serving as some kind of international platform, a role it was never designed to play. They're scrambling, improvising, and even floundering (that's when both of your eyes move to one side of your head), but what could anybody really expect?

I'm no fan, nor a member, but they sure are popular.

Page 1626 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 6261126152615761616162316241625162616271628162916361676 ... LastLast