Fields:
    City
    State

Table 2:
    Streets
    Fields
    Street_Names
    City

I want to be able to pull all the city names and all the street names from the tables and use them as column and row headers

Then I want to pull each street from Streets and put an "X" (or some other maker) in the box that the City name and Street name meet..

At first I wanted to use a data grid but I can't figure out how. I have not seen any other grid controls to use (but I am fairly new to .NET) and at a loss

I have attached both a database and an excel spread sheet to give a visual example of what I want. The data base is the one I am going to use.. The excel spread sheet is how I want to display the data..

Any ideas on how to do this would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
    Rudy
    10 different ways to skin a cat and amazingly enough each and every one has the same result, the cat gets skinned! The same can be applied to code, so be nice and accept each others "preferences".

No attachment?

duh...

Its been one of those days..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    10 different ways to skin a cat and amazingly enough each and every one has the same result, the cat gets skinned! The same can be applied to code, so be nice and accept each others "preferences".

Let me add a little bit of more info, it may be revelent..

The user is going to see a row of check boxes..

Each checkbox will be a State

When the user selects the checkbox the grid should update its City column with all the cities in that state (so the excel spreed sheet indicates that both Illinois and Mass have been checked) and then go and check the appropriate boxes that correlate to what streets are there. The Streets wouldn't update due to the fact that they will have been loaded when the program loads (Or it could be updated)..

make sense?

I can make an example is needed
    Last edited by RudyL; Oct 6th, 2004 at 06:41 PM.

I wish I could help you out, but that's beyond my knowledge. I took a look, but trying to vector the list of street names, I couldn't do. I have done a similar thing, with great effort (and a lot of help), but that was with a stored procedure in MS SQL.

Kills me that the data is right in front of you and yet you can't get the representation you're looking for.

Wish I was smarter,
    Mike

Originally posted by Mike Hildner
    I wish I could help you out, but that's beyond my knowledge. I took a look, but trying to vector the list of street names, I couldn't do. I have done a similar thing, with great effort (and a lot of help), but that was with a stored procedure in MS SQL.

Kills me that the data is right in front of you and yet you can't get the representation you're looking for.

Wish I was smarter,
    Mike
    I am right there with you... It has been stringing my neck for a few days now...

In VB6 I could manually set the grid and insert values.. I think I used MSFLEXGRID. That grid was a big pain in the a$$ and I had to get the data manuall instead of using a dataset (which I don't mind doing here) but at least it did what I wanted..

Thanks for trying, I apprecite it..

Rudy

ok.. I see a reference to the flexgrid under the COM part.. But How would I add the control so it shows up in the tool box so I can add it to a form? If I could do that then I can move forward...

ahhh.. Wrong spot.. I think I got it.. I'll be back tomorrow with some results..