Thread: Deploying problem

Frenzied Member

Question Deploying problem

The tecghnical staff has udated our intranet server, and now my applications doesn't work. The aspx-pages are loaded and shown, but all of my click-events doen't work, nothing happens, not even an error message. Validations made with asp:RequiredFieldValidator are working. Everything worked fine on our old server, what could be wrong?

Frenzied Member
    Sorry, forgot the server info:
    To: Windows Server 2003 and MS .NET Framework v1.1 SP1.

Are you sure you uploaded the "BIN" files into the correct place and are you sure that the click event handlers are still correctly set in your ASP.NET application?

If not...

There are many things that could be wrong, it almost sounds like your ASPX pages aren't really even being "fully" processed. I would need more info though.

You should first try making a blank "fresh" ASP.NET application and write a couple of events for it. Upload it to the server, does it work?

If it does work, then your application has a corrupt compilation or bad config settings, or possibly the web site you published it to in IIS needs to be remade.

I would check:
    ISAPI filter settings on the 2003 server
    Permission Settings
    Individual Site/Virtual Directory Settings

Also possibly try reinstalling ASP.NET on that 2003 server.
    Developer Web Hosting - ASP.NET & PHP
    www.datahostingcenter.com
    15% OFF HOSTING Coupon for Forum Members - Enter:
    vbforums

Frenzied Member
    I have uploaded the Bin directory and I have also made a test upload including some basic events on a new web form, and this is also working fine.

Well that's a tough one, but I think if I were you my next move would be to copy and paste the code-behind and the HTML to a new project and then re-compile.

I have had corrupt .NET projects before where I had to do that, although I think that was in a VB.NET windows application and not from ASP.NET.

Sorry can't be of more help, but I'd have to see that problem in person to know for sure.

Good luck
    Developer Web Hosting - ASP.NET & PHP
    www.datahostingcenter.com
    15% OFF HOSTING Coupon for Forum Members - Enter:
    vbforums

Frenzied Member
    Ok, I will try that, it's not a big problem because I have structured my application with user controls. I haven't seen this problem before, maybe it's because I'm using forms authentication, I think I can recall some problems using this.