Thread: Permission denied on Filecopy

Lively Member

Permission denied on Filecopy

I have the following code where I want to unzip a file in one directory to another. Then copy the zip into another folder and delete the zip then. I'm getting a permission denied error when I try to do the Filecopy. I think its because the zip file is still in use. How can I remove the read lock on the zip file from memory before trying to copy it?

VB Code:
    1. Call Shell(Environ("ComSpec") & " /C C:\WINNT\PKUNZIP " + Trim(DestPathFile) + " E:\Archive\", vbHide)
    3. FileCopy DestPathFile, FilePath
    5. Kill DestPathFile

You could just wait for the Zip to complete before coping the file. I am sure I have used a shell-like function that waits until it is completed.

You could also try to open the file in a loop - every time you get an error resume 0.
    My secretary hopes that I will pay her, her landlord hopes that she will produce some rent, the Electricity Board hopes that he will settle their bill, and so on. I find it a wonderfully optimistic way of life. [Dirk Gently]

Instead of using the Shell Command, use ShellWait API - this will then wait until PKZip has finished before copying the file.

Lively Member
    I tried using the ShellWait function but the zip file is still open. Even if i shut down the app and look in server manager, the zip is still open for read access. Is there a way of shutting down the file before I copy it?