Thread: Xbox or PS2 ???

Addicted Member

Xbox or PS2 ???

After many years of programming, I have come to a final question :

Should I buy an XBOX or a PS 2 ?????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Actually both are pretty cool. I like the X-box better for online games and the available mods. Still, neither come close to a good PC.
    "And most of the evils of society can, in fact, be cured through information. We have a society that has been disinformed and based on the disinformation has made irrational choices. And that's what I mean by 'ignorance.' People, who ordinarily might be smart, are deprived of the data by which to make a rational decision, don't have the data to do it."
    Frank Zappa

I conciter my self to be a big gamer (when i am not at school or on line I am gaming, I have over 60 Xbox and PS2 games, over 30 PC games, and beat all of them but 3) and over all I would say go with the Xbox, because if you have a fast internet connection, $50, and want to play online you will love it!!!!

The PS2 is great but I like the Xbox better because the Xbox has:
    -A hard drive (No memory card(s) needed)
    -More of the good games
    -HALO
    -More powerfull then PS2 (so games can be more indepth)

Trust me Go with the

X-BOX
    Please support one of my projects?
    TKForums.com

Web Forum
    JavaScript Wiki

A friend just showed me a CD with 35 old ATARI games on it for the PS2. I like Pole Position. Going to have to try it. If it is anywhere as cool as it was when I was a kid, I may buy a PS2!
    It'd be better on the PC, cause I have the steering wheel interface already, but haven't played with it for over a year.
    It is on the PC that is having SP2 issues. Prolly turn out that M$'s game is on the 'not to be used list', anyways!

Re: Xbox or PS2 ???

Originally posted by Hyperspaced

How exactly is this connected to programming ?
    "Lies, sanctions, and cruise missiles have never created a free and just society. Only everyday people can do that."
    - Zack de la Rocha

Hear me roar.

I have neither but I would stick to a PC anyday
    If you dribble then you are as mad as me

Lost World Creations Website (XBOX Indie games)
    Lene Marlin

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar
    If you are happy with substandard hardware and proprietary coding languages by all means go for the PS2, if you want a decent bit of kit get an XBox. PS2's are a bstard to keep clean anyway.

If I was you I'd get a second hand XBox on the cheap until the XBox 2 comes out and then buy one new.
    I don't live here any more.

Addicted Member
    Do you know when Xbox 2 will come out ?
    Is it worth the wait ?

Current Xbox price is about 120 euros (brand new)

Definitely worth waiting for.

Don't buy a new xbox 1 because then you won't want to part with it, plus the XB2 probably isn't compatible with old XBox 1 games.

I heard it was announced that it wasnt compat
    If you dribble then you are as mad as me

Lost World Creations Website (XBOX Indie games)
    Lene Marlin

There's a good reason for it too, which completely escapes me at present.

Addicted Member
    yeah, but how much will it cost ??

I remember when PS2 first came out cost around 300 euros. Damn, I am confused...

Whats wrong with the GameCube...Whys no one mentioned it . It gets far too much flak, most people who put it down have never tried it (I should know I was one of them till I tried it and then I got one myself )
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

Re: Xbox or PS2 ???

Originally posted by Hyperspaced

PC GAMES, SCREW THE CONSOLE GAMES, THEY ARE FOR NOOBS.

Fanatic Member
    Well until the release of Fable I would've been saying PS2 all the way. I havn't played Fable yet so I dont really know if my old reason for PS2 still stands.

It was that PS2 had more and far better RPG type games, and using their online system was free unlike XBox. With the recent release of Star Ocean and Fable I dunno which I would want if I was to get another console... but I'd probably do PS2 still.

Sure xbox may have a stronger GPU and CPU, come standard with a hard drive, but more beef dosn't matter if all you use it for is Halo. I'm not a sports game fan and XBox just seems littered with them and FPS type games.

Now if you want to throw Gamecube in the mix, and yes I've played it, at one point last summer I owned a Gamecube, Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64, Gameboy Advanced, and a Sega Genesis (I dont have any of them now). Gamecube had some ok games, but the first few big releases deemed it as a Kiddy console for me. Mario Sunshine... ugh, Zelda with its cell shading and Link looking like a 6 year old (but I'll admit the storyline was a classic zelda storyline), so after my disappoint with the first few big titles I never really gave it a fair chance.

Originally posted by Electroman
    Whats wrong with the GameCube...Whys no one mentioned it . It gets far too much flak, most people who put it down have never tried it (I should know I was one of them till I tried it and then I got one myself )
    No no no, you misunderstood entirely. The Nintendo Gamecube is a medicinal suppository and should be left in place until it has completely dissolved. It should not be mistaken for a kind of gaming machine. Although this mistake is understandable as it has a plug and some buttons on it.

I had the misfortune to borrow my pal's PS2 and gaycube while he was holidaying in Europe. He went away for 2 weeks and I ended up taking them both back the next day because they sucked so badly. Compared to a XBox they just cant compete.

My piles cleard up a treat though.

wow. google found pole position i and ii for DOS! i used to be addicted to TETRIS, too!