Thread: Urgent Help

Urgent Help

Hi,

I am a domain admin for a NT 4x based domain. Every now n then I need to perform a check on the size of every user's profile folder
    on the server. There are over 150 user's on the domain, so checking each user's profile size is very very tedious. Each profile is stored in a seperate folder, and the path for the profile folders is :

C:\dealerprofile$\%username%

What I need is a VBscript to run on WSH, that will scan all the profile folders, and gimme the names of only those folders who's size is greater than 30 MB.

Please I need this very urgently, as I have **** loads of maintainence work to do.

Thanx.....
    Knowledge is static .... understanding is Dynamic

Re: Urgent Help

Originally posted by hamins
    Hi,

I am a domain admin for a NT 4x based domain. Every now n then I need to perform a check on the size of every user's profile folder
    on the server. There are over 150 user's on the domain, so checking each user's profile size is very very tedious. Each profile is stored in a seperate folder, and the path for the profile folders is :

C:\dealerprofile$\%username%

What I need is a VBscript to run on WSH, that will scan all the profile folders, and gimme the names of only those folders who's size is greater than 30 MB.

Please I need this very urgently, as I have **** loads of maintainence work to do.

Thanx.....
    You should be able to use FSO to loop through the directory and check the file.size property. I have posted similar examples, search my post in this forum.

Hope this helps.

Danial
    [VBF RSS Feed]

There is a great war coming. Are you sure you are on the right side? Atleast I have chosen a side.

If I have been helpful, Please Rate my Post. Thanks.

This post was powered by :