Thread: help

Addicted Member

help

I want to create a help option for my system....

I was adviced to use HTMLHelp & I've been reading up on that: thr idea of HTMLHelp is that there is a standard front which calls html files, which are the subject topics in index......am I right???

It says to start a help project I am to use a .hhp file....wot do I open it in.....

Im confused..& aint sure how to create this option..can anyone PLEASE HELP......

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar
    You need to download HTML Help workshop and compile your projects there. You'll end up with a CHM file which is what you'll be opening.

Your HHP files are meant to be used in HTML Help Workshop.

Addicted Member
    Hi

i have the helpdocs which has the workshop and was wondering how i would edit the file to make it suit the help option on my application

CHEERS!!

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar
    From what little I've understood, you should look for an option to map your topics to a ContextID, so that it can be called from a VB application.

Addicted Member
    Html Help Workshop is made for C++, not for VB. It requires some cobbling. For details, go to the htmlhelpcenter site. I reccomend that you search for and download Helpgen, a free utility which will do everything except write the html files. It creates them, you fill in the details. It generates the Map, Alias & help context IDs and links them to the program code. If memory serves, it is on VB2themax. I linked to it here a few months back, so you should be able to find it with a search.