Thread: Newbie Code Section

PowerPoster
    Bristol, England (but heart is in Virginia)

Newbie Code Section

Hi all,

There have been a large number of virtually duplicated problems posted in recent months, usually concerned with very elementary items e.g. accessing objects in one form from another.

How about having a Newbie Reference Section containing a small number of standard code snippets available for read only access? The existing CodeBank is not suitable as there are too many postings in it for simplicity.
    Taxes
    The more I learn about VB.NET the more I like dBaseIII Plus

The foregoing, whilst believed to be correct, is given without guarantee as to it's accuracy and entirely without recourse. You are required to decide for yourself whether or not it is suitable for your purposes and no liability for loss of any nature can be entertained.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar
    Eventually, it still comes down to search. Which hardly any newbie uses. Which renders it just as redundant. That's what I think.

PowerPoster
    Bristol, England (but heart is in Virginia)
    Originally posted by mendhak
    Eventually, it still comes down to search. Which hardly any newbie uses. Which renders it just as redundant. That's what I think.
    Maybe. But it is far easier to direct a Newbie to a smaller section of code snippets without a multitude of postings, many of which are not connected to the problem.
    Taxes
    The more I learn about VB.NET the more I like dBaseIII Plus

The foregoing, whilst believed to be correct, is given without guarantee as to it's accuracy and entirely without recourse. You are required to decide for yourself whether or not it is suitable for your purposes and no liability for loss of any nature can be entertained.

I eat noobs

Noobs, n00bs, newbs, call them what you will, they taste great on rye with mayonaisse.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar
    Originally posted by NicoNel2000
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\nnel\My Documents\My Pictures\jinx\228Sm.jpg[/IMG]
    You a N00b?