Thread: Unresloved External

Unresloved External

Alright, I have included some source, which contains 2 files...
    clsTimer.cpp
    clsTimer.h

Now when I declare the variable in my game
    TimerEngine Timer;

any place I use it, posts a
    Main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall TimerEngine::SetDelta(void)" (?SetDelta@TimerEngine@@QAEXXZ)

I do not understand.
    The error occurs after Linking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "From what was there, and was meant to be, but not of that was faded away." - - Steve Damm

"The polar opposite of nothingness is existance. When existance calls apon nothingness it shall return to nothingness." - - Steve Damm

"When you do things right, people won't be sure if you did anything at all." - - God from Futurama

I'm doing a bit of reading and it says inline functions HAVE to be declared within the header file. or it will report a LNK2001 error.

I added "extern" in front of the function header
    extern void SetStart()
    {
    }

well that cleared up the errors, replaced them with warnings and the program definetly didn't do very well in running.

My Delta was staying 0....download the source above.
    Last edited by Halsafar; Aug 30th, 2004 at 01:02 PM.
    "From what was there, and was meant to be, but not of that was faded away." - - Steve Damm

"The polar opposite of nothingness is existance. When existance calls apon nothingness it shall return to nothingness." - - Steve Damm

"When you do things right, people won't be sure if you did anything at all." - - God from Futurama

You must define the TimerEngine::SetDelta function. Make sure you've actually written it.

If the TimerEngine class is a part of a DLL, make sure you've included the lib-file which should come along with the DLL in your project. (Project Settings, link tab, object/library modules)