Thread: List of Face ID's of Icons

I am creating my own command bar to which I am adding buttons, the icons of which can be set by the

.faceid = 457 (or whatever) property.

Is there a list of these face id's and what they correspond to? I'm after an up arrow, down arrow, and control toolbox icon. Where do I get the id's of these without having to use an accelerator control or anything unnecessary??

Thanks

It's not just an ID. First you have to have those icons in order to load them into toolbar. You can use ImageList control to store the images and then using those IDs to show them appropriatly in a toolbar.

------------------

Serge

Software Developer
    Serge_Dymkov@vertexinc.com
    Access8484@aol.com
    ICQ#: 51055819

Hi Serge,

What is the imagelist control? The images I want to use at the moment are standard Windows ones, like up & down arrows, which is why I thought they must already be in memory somewhere. Here's the code I use for a side arrow but that's the only Face ID I know:

With Application.CommandBars.Add(COMMANDBAR_NAME, msoBarTop)
    .Visible = True
    .Position = msoBarTop
    .Protection = msoBarNoChangeVisible + msoBarNoCustomize
    With .Controls
    With .Add(msoControlButton)
    .Caption = "control subtotals..."
    .Style = msoButtonIconAndCaption
    .FaceId = 41
    .OnAction = "ShowForm"
    End With

How can I get a hold of the others? Also do you have any idea how to hide the sub-totals outline bar that appears on the left hand side of the screen in Excel?? (when doing automatic sub-totals)

Thanks very much

Mark

Addicted Member

Go to www.vbaccelerator.com , they have all current win32 icons for free down load.

The imagelist control should reside in your toolbox as standard. Add whatever icons you want to it, (right click select properties),
    then right click on your toolbar goto properties and on the first tab select the imagelist control from the drop down list.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks jritchie,

but I can't find this imagelist control - I'm using VBA in Excel 97 though and not stand-alone VB - could this be why I can't see it? I'm looking in the control toolbox under the more controls section.

cheers

Mark