Thread: I am not crazy ... at least i dont think i am

here , some of u might think i fell on my head .. i might have but forgot about it ...anyway , here is my question :

given a certain program done (regardless what language) and compiled etc... i am talking about an executable file here ...
    is there anyway , (maybe by running a program in parallel etc ... to chage the behaviour of the initial program (maybe fix buggs etc..) without having to edit it in assembly ...
    any suggestions? i thought of checking the space on the hdd where the program is put , particularly the last sector , maybe inserting the code in the remainder of the sector will do (like a virus) ....
    shall i repeat that as far as i remember i didnt fall on my head (that will be too bad)

- regards -
    - razzaj -

There's something called a VB3 Disassembler which creates a VB3 Project out of an executable file which was compiled using VB3...

If it was compiled in a different language, then you can only edit it by opening it in an Assembler program. This act is usually illegal... You can make sure by looking for a bunch of sentences similar to these in the program's manual or ReadMe file: (Important part in bold)
    RESTRICTIONS
    The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material. In order to protect them, and except as permitted by applicable legislation, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form. You may not modify, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part. You may not electronically transmit the Software from one computer to another or over a network.
    ------------------
    Yonatan
    Teenage Programmer
    E-Mail: RZvika@netvision.net.il
    AIM: RYoni69

well , i was hoping to find a usefull answer but anyway ... any other has a fruitfull answer to give?
    - regards -
    - razzaj -