Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Faq (Join the creation)

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    nope, and I'm not going to install vb to see what you have come up with either you have to convert it to c++ or tell me what it does

what did you use if not sleep then note, a timer?
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

No way.....:d...I used a loop and Doevents when I neded it......so no DC++ for you.......and I don't care...

And I am not going to install QT again for you too see the example. I can make an exe for you if you want and trust me.......and I can try to explain.

It has a Square in the midle of the form. And 5-6 fixed points on the form, some cm from the square. From all the Points there goes a line to the mouse cursour. If the lines goes through the square it will make a small circle at the point it did hit it. It will nearly always be one line that goes through the square. It is really fast. You can move your mouse as fast as you want.......I think it was nice, but not sure what to use it for tho'....

PS: I didn't make it...

lol.. ok no need to show it And as for the DC++ thing, doevents does free up cpu usage, but not as much as sleep would
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Sleep stops everything int the app though doesnt it???

Timers, Events etc wouldnt trigger
    If you dribble then you are as mad as me

Lost World Creations Website (XBOX Indie games)
    Lene Marlin

yes, whats wrong with that? he is using a loop..
    if he is using forms then ok, but what kind of games uses forms
    Use

Originally posted by kedaman
    yes, whats wrong with that? he is using a loop..
    if he is using forms then ok, but what kind of games uses forms

You don't need a form to have a loop...

You still ned events to be triggered because things like DirectAudio Use EventHandlers to tell you whats happeneing while your playing music. For example when a tracks about to finish.
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

Electroman: events have nothing to do with the message queue

Note: yeah you don't, that was my point
    Use

Originally posted by kedaman
    Electroman: events have nothing to do with the message queue

Note: yeah you don't, that was my point

You are confusing me....stop right now...

Originally posted by NoteMe
    Me too, I think I got lost .
    When your thread has been resolved please edit the original post in the thread ()
    and amend "-[RESOLVED]-" to the end of the title and change the icon to , Thank you.

When posting Code use the [VBCode]Code Here[/VBCode] tags to be able to use the code highlighting.

hehe now its you that is not reading the posts read BodwadUK's post that I replied to
    Use

Drifting back to topic ~~~> I should have my 3D graphics engine ready and on my site some time early hours of the mornin when I finish work. I just have to do a last sweep to check the comments make sense and make a page on me site for it. .

Nice that is good. Everything that can be used in the FAQ are welcome....And Keda..Shut up.......the example is in a form, so you can show the FPS and to show that you can pause it.......and then you need events...

you don't need events for that and besides only events triggered by window messages need doevents
    Use

I don't need anything...I could have written it in ASM...but I hope you are getting the idea here....it is supposed to be for new programmers, if they are serious about game programming they will start using C++ sooner or later anyway......this example is ment to give them a general idea of the topic......

Here is the zip file if anyone wants to download it but I might still need to do a little work on the DirectInput and the Example projects, I also still need to do the web page. At the moment I'm too tired after work so I'm gonna have to do it all in the morning now.

http://www.electromanuk.com/Download.php?file_id=18

EDIT: I've updated the Download file so it include the source, dll, and a simple example. I'll post again once every things done.
    Last edited by Electroman; Feb 14th, 2004 at 11:34 PM.

Here we go, got the web page done (pritty simple but will do for the moment). I've only included the simple example in the download but on the page I'll put links to download the more advanced examples once I've finished them. At the moment I'm not sure what to do for them, I want on of them to be a "small" game of some kind .

http://www.ElectromanUK.com/Electro2DE7.php

yeah I get the idea note, but just because there are beginners, doesn't mean that you can give them the wrong impression of things.. Anyways I have a load of things to do in the nearest two weeks so writing the FAQ will be done sometime after that...
    Use

I guess that since one of us have to make the thread we can start to ask all the questions, make Marty stick it on the top, and then we can edit it later. I have all ready written some tutorials and we can call it Version 0.1 and then we can add to it..

I guess that since one of us have to make the thread we can start to ask all the questions, make Marty stick it on the top, and then we can edit it later. I have all ready written some tutorials and we can call it Version 0.1 and then we can add to it..
    K, you going to create it then?

so how is it going to be then? One person (like note) creates the FAQ thread and the tutorials are linked from there? where should they be posted?
    Use

I can do that....just have to post the tutorials on this page I will try to start today, but I can't garantiue that it is finished before tomorrow night. There is a lot of questions to be asked and answered.

I have plenty bandwidth if you want to use my site? I have 70GB per month & 1.5GB storage space.

EDIT: Can create each person a seprate FTP account as well.

I have web space too...and I have most of the tutorials up on DeveloperKB too, but Brad wanted them to be here on the site.......no links to other sites, or at least not if it wasn't nesseseay. So I think that we have to stick to the forum for now. But the DeveloperKB site is down at the moment, so I can't get to my tutorials...

I have web space too...and I have most of the tutorials up on DeveloperKB too, but Brad wanted them to be here on the site.......no links to other sites, or at least not if it wasn't nesseseay. So I think that we have to stick to the forum for now. But the DeveloperKB site is down at the moment, so I can't get to my tutorials...
    I didn't think he meant we couldn't use your own personal sites. Makes it a lot easier to format tutorials if its on a web page instead of a post .

Yeah...maybe that....can't you ask him in that theread in the Forum Feedback......I hope he agrees. But I feel that I have asked so much all ready..

K will do, u reckon I should just ask i the same thread?

Yeah why not.....or do as you like, but I can't see why not.

Ohh well...more or less what I thought anyway....We better just do the best out of it....do you think it is best to sent them to code guru or to post them as posts here?

Never really used code guru before, is it any good?

Not sure...thought it was a forum..

Ohhhh my god...if this is how it is going to look, I think it is better to post it here...even if it can take up to 2-3 posts...

http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3312601

Ohhhh my god...if this is how it is going to look, I think it is better to post it here...even if it can take up to 2-3 posts...

http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3312601

Hey, you edited it between me reading your post and me clicking the quote button. .

Sorry...here...look at the code here...doesn't look nice..

http://codeguru.com/vb_misc/Card.html

Originally posted by Electroman
    Hey, you edited it between me reading your post and me clicking the quote button. .

Hehe you actually got the link in the wuote tho'...

The code guru ones looks a bit better than the developer one, but I suppose we'll just have to do with a few posts per article. . If only we could use our own sites .

I still have the links to my tutorials to DeveloperKB in my sig...and I will have that for the rest of my life...but in the FAQ we have to use this forum....so thats the way it ends....

Update....

Me and Manavo11 has made a simple collision detection app in VB.

BoX Box collision
    Circle Circle collision
    Box Circle collision

Or that will say Manavo has made more or less all of it....I just told him what to do...

Just have to write the tutorial to go with it, and then it is finished too....

So Keda have you started your math/something tutorial on the subject?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast