Thread: Macromedia Flash & Visual Basic?

Is it possible to add a flash movie to a vb form and make it play by pressing a command button?

Lively Member

maybe there might be if you could somehow run a program inside a form. then all you would have to do is embed the .SWF file inside that form. generally flash has the ability to have "Play buttons" on the movie itself...which is better because you can have mouseover and such. but who knows...i may be way off. just an idea :-) i hope someone figures out how to do this. i would like to know myself.

--michael

Lively Member

I'm pretty sure there's a flash control included with Vb5, under project/components. I don't know if you knew this or not.

PowerPoster

I have a Macromedia Flash control in VB6 that only appeared after I installed Flash 2, if that helps. It's quite easy to use, just place control and tell it where to find your swf.

Hope that helps

regards,

------------------
    - Chris
    chris.kilhams@btinternet.com
    If it ain't broke - don't fix it

I found the following link at the Macromedia website that should be helpful.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/di...ivex_in_vb.htm

You owe me a beer!

Gerald M.

Thanks a bunch.

Your right, I do owe you a beer

Were you able to get it to work? I was bored and decided to try it for myself. I never could get the Shockwave Director control to play a DCR file.

Gerald M.

After I installed Flash I found a control called Shockwave Flash. I think this is the control that allows you to have flash on your form, but I don't know what function will open a .swf movie that I have already made. If anyone has more info on this subject please post it here. Thnx...