Thread: aaron young...question about your code

Lively Member

http://www.vb-world.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/011676.html

you posted a tip at the above URL on creating a system tray icon. by the way, thank you. i use this code on most of my programs. anyway, at the very bottom you have your code for mouse actions (rbuttonup and lbuttonblclk) is there any way to make it so that if there was a left click something would happen, but if there was a left button double-click something else would happen? i tried lbuttonup and lbuttondblclk but it still calls the lbuttonup code even on a double-click. thanks for any help. oh and also, i have a question about this code:

Private Sub mnuBlah_Click()
    txtBlah.Text = "yadda "yadda""
    End Sub

i want the second yadda to appear in the text box with the quotes around it. is there anything (like a leading character) i could place in front of the to stop VB from reading quotes (or any character for that matter) as start- and end-quotes? (does this question make sense? if not let me know andi will try to re-explain myself)

The answer to your first question is, you can't capture both Left Click and Left Double Click, no matter what you do, the Left Click Routine will Fire Before the Double Click Can, to test this, open a New Form and try:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Click()
        Debug.Print "Click"
    End Sub

Private Sub Form_DblClick()
        Debug.Print "Double Click"
    End Sub
    No Matter how fast you Double Click, the Click Event Fires Too.

Your 2nd Question.. Use the Ascii Value, eg. Text1 = Chr(34) & "Quotes" & Chr(34)

------------------
    Aaron Young
    Analyst Programmer
    aarony@redwingsoftware.com
    adyoung@win.bright.net

Lively Member

that's kinda what i was worried about. oh well. thanks though for your answers. as always, ever so helpful.

--michael