Thread: Sending e-mail with pictures inline.

Thanks for everybody's help with my previous questions...

Was wondering how to send an e-mail that looks like a simple web page. A block of text at the top, and then several pictures with captions. Basically, a real estate listing.

After looking on the Microsoft site, it seems RTF is the way to go. They claim HTML can point to pictures on a server, but not pictures in an attachment.

Are there commands to make an RTF file...
    Then insert JPGs or GIFs?
    I am familiar with the old 'OPEN "blah" for output as x

I mostly know how to use the clipboard. Was thinking about putting the result into the clipboard and then pasting inside Outlook to keep things simple.

Thanks,
    Scott

Lively Member

I've been working on a similar project in Access2000 VBA...with little success. The only solution I found was to send the images as JPEG attachments. Some browsers (Netscape) display the images on the email while others only display the attachment link.

In Access you can email a report form but only text is displayed and images are ignored. HTML has the problem you described.

Let me know if you find an answer or if I can help in any way...I've done a lot of research into this issue.

Jon

Glad to see somebody is running into the same problem I am.

My current plan is to try to figure out what makes RTF tick. My guess it that it's kinda like HTML in that there are font commands. I believe pictures are stored inside the RTF file itself... I am going to try saving a RTF from Word 97 with text and 5 simple pictures. Then look at the resulting file.

Probably going to spend some time on sunday figuring this out....I'll keep you posted.

Scott

[This message has been edited by scotty (edited 12-04-1999).]

Check out www.aspemail.com for a great way to send html email out of asp.