Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all scoffers on VB Forums

To all scoffers on VB Forums

2 Peter 3
    1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
    2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
    3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
    5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
    8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
    12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
    13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
    14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
    15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
    16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
    17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
    18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Is the Bible correct or did this prophecy come true by chance?
    That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

What the hell are you talking about?
    Being educated does not make you intelligent.

Need a weekend getaway??? Come Visit

I am sure some have argued this before, but I just have a question. In your sig, you have this:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Now, I have a question, what if people never hear this, and hence never do it? They are doomed?

What if they don't believe in the same religion you do? Are they wrong? If so, how do you know you are not wrong and they are right?

There is just to many questions to be asked... Mormons are more fun though, I like getting them talking, it is fun to debate their religion.

Whats so great about Heaven anyway?

Z.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar
    Originally posted by Zaei

Z.
    Everyone gets a DSL connection.

Re: To all scoffers on VB Forums

Originally posted by JesusFreak
    Is the Bible correct or did this prophecy come true by chance?
    By chance.
    Martin J Wallace (Slaine)

What the hell is wrong with walking after your own lusts ?

Are you sure that "WALKING" is the correct word ?

Parksie

Originally posted by venerable bede
    What the hell is wrong with walking after your own lusts ?

Are you sure that "WALKING" is the correct word ?
    Good point.

I thought it said wanking. And then I thought, oh here I go to hell AGAIN.
    But it seems that wanking your lusts off is okay.

Still, it seems so easy doesn't it?
    Merry Christmas

lol

He's done the old stick a bit of pap from the bible on the forum and do a runner.
    Gary Lowe
    VB6 (Enterprise) SP5
    ADO 2.6
    SQL Server 7 SP3

OK I know my spelling and grammer is crap so don't quote me on it!

To err is human to take the P! is only natural !!

Click on the top section of image for Marcus Miller website and bottom section of image for 'Run For Cover' sound clip

CHAPTER ONE

THE SHOTS THAT FIRED the bullets that entered Pumpkin's head were heard by no less than eight people. Three instinctively closed their windows, checked their door locks, and withdrew to the safety, or at least the seclusion, of their small apartments. Two others, each with experience in such matters, ran from the vicinity as fast if not faster than the gunman himself. Another, the neighborhood recycling fanatic, was digging through some garbage in search of aluminum cans when he heard the sharp sounds of the daily skirmish, very nearby. He jumped behind a pile of cardboard boxes until the shelling stopped, then eased into the alley where he saw what was left of Pumpkin.

And two saw almost everything. They were sitting on plastic milk crates, at the corner of Georgia and Lamont in front of a liquor store, partially hidden by a parked car so that the gunman, who glanced around briefly before following Pumpkin into the alley, didn't see them. Both would tell the police that they saw the boy with the gun reach into his pocket and pull it out; they saw the gun for sure, a small black pistol. A second later they heard the shots, though they did not actually see Pumpkin take them in the head. Another second, and the boy with the gun darted from the alley and, for some reason, ran straight in their direction. He ran bent at the waist, like a scared dog, guilty as hell. He wore red-and-yellow basketball shoes that seemed five sizes too big and slapped the pavement as he made his getaway.
    My fiction reads so much better than yours.
    Place Your VBForums Ad Here

Re: To all scoffers on VB Forums

...in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance
    ...Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days
    ... for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation
    ...the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water
    ...Whereby the world that then was
    ...But the heavens and the earth, which are now,
    ... that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    ...us-ward
    !@!@!@!
    Confusing garbledy gook!

JesusFreak is a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more!

Perhaps we could petition a mod to put this thread in the ClapTrap Forum?

Standard recruitment tactic that has been used for centuries. Use vague bible mumbo jumbo that the recruiters claim show's impending end of the world by vague references to current events or attitudes.

Stack Overflow
    See the features of Visual Studio 2010 and C# 4.0: The 10-4 show on Channel9

The vagueness is even vague. I can't make a connection with anything going on today. But I don't speak Bible very well

"The day when the white bird craps on the black bird is the day of retribution by the lord."

You see the White bird is George W Bush, and the Black Bird is Saddam. So obviously the end of the world is near!
    Stack Overflow

Originally posted by Cander
    "The day when the white bird craps on the black bird is the day of retribution by the lord."
    Shouldn't that be

"The day that will be was when the white bird craps to be placed on the darkened brother is to come to be known on the day of retribution by the lord."

I think it's:
    "He who quote Bible crapeth is said to be full of crapeth himself."

LOL. Can you blame them. These are the same people that paly a record backwards and you hear

"DFGA DFNTSTY MTJETYEDTMU DJTJTYM DJC TII GJ"

and they hear

"The Devil wants to lick you!"
    Stack Overflow

Now, I have a question, what if people never hear this, and hence never do it? They are doomed?
    Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    (KJV)

PowerPoster
    Romans 1:20
    , Sligo 2:19 - so Sligo advance to the next stage in this high scoring GAA match....where they will probably get thrashed by Gallway

God has an inflated ego. If you dont worship him 24/7, you goto hell!
    Stack Overflow

Everything

Originally posted by Memnoch1207
    What the hell are you talking about?
    I'm talking about
    Scoffers (people who laugh at the Bible)
    and prophecy.

Everything

So basically you believe what someone tells you without ever having proof of it's existence.

A little Naive if you ask me
    Gary Lowe
    VB6 (Enterprise) SP5
    ADO 2.6
    SQL Server 7 SP3

Click on the top section of image for Marcus Miller website and bottom section of image for 'Run For Cover' sound clip

The bible is a story and I cannot follow something hand and foot which I have no trust or proof in.

He is my take on easter for instance.

OK There may have a been a Jesus who died at easter. The ressurection in my opinnion is some guys who thought Hey we get a Holiday on Friday because he died. If we pretend he came alive again on the Monday we can get another day and have a four day weekend.

In either case you have no proof that either happened or did not happen
    Gary Lowe
    VB6 (Enterprise) SP5
    ADO 2.6
    SQL Server 7 SP3

So basically you believe what someone tells you without ever having proof of it's existence.
    I belive what the Bible says because no one has ever been able to prove it wrong.

I belive what the Bible says because no one has ever been able to prove it wrong.
    No proof it it being right either
    Gary Lowe
    VB6 (Enterprise) SP5
    ADO 2.6
    SQL Server 7 SP3

No proof it it being right either
    Gary.Lowe I don't think that you exist, I am not going to belive that you exist until you give me proof that you exist.

Gary.Lowe I don't think that you exist, I am not going to belive that you exist until you give me proof that you exist.

you maybe closer to the truth than you realise
    Gary Lowe
    VB6 (Enterprise) SP5
    ADO 2.6
    SQL Server 7 SP3

Him replying to your sikness proof some existence.

He could be having another name though.

What happened with innocent till proven guilty ?

Quoting something that's been written isn't proof the things in it must be taken for thruth.

Haleluja
    Code:
    If Question = Incomplete Then
       AnswerNextOne
    Else
       ReplyIfKnown
    End If
    cu Swatty

The reason people believe in it is because they need something to cling to, they NEED to believe in a higher power who has a purpose for them. Even though they have no facts or proof to base this belief on. If you are basing your beliefs on a book, well I got a book here that says yesterday is eaten by monsters, and there are seven witnesses that were there to see it. (Stephen Kings - "The Langoliers") Or another book that states Vampires do exist and they have been interviewed and told their story (Anne Rice - "Interview with a vampire") So if you are basing your beliefs on a book, then whos to say that these books are fact as well?

It is too scary for them to fathom the thought that maybe we are just lucky organisms with no destiny, waiting to die and be returned to the dirt.
    Last edited by Memnoch1207; Apr 25th, 2003 at 10:26 AM.
    Being educated does not make you intelligent.

Need a weekend getaway??? Come Visit

The reason people believe in it is because they need something to cling to, they NEED to believe in a higher power who has a purpose for them.

It is too scary for them to fathom the thought that maybe we are just lucky organisms with no destiny, waiting to die and be returned to the dirt.
    The reason why people belive in God is because they relize that there is a God and without God life is alot less.

Try closing your eyes for sometime(continue to do what you do everyday)
    This is what it is like with out God.

Now open you eyes.
    This is what is like with God.

Can you tell me who hundreds and thousands of people have died because they believe thier religious beliefs are better than someone elses.

It seems to me poeple use the biblical text when and how it suits them.
    Gary Lowe
    VB6 (Enterprise) SP5
    ADO 2.6
    SQL Server 7 SP3

Shame blind people can't believe in GOD then.
    Who is going to make them see again if they can't believe in GOD.
    Code:
    If Question = Incomplete Then
       AnswerNextOne
    Else
       ReplyIfKnown
    End If
    cu Swatty

Try closing your eyes for sometime(continue to do what you do everyday)
    This is what it is like with out God.

Now open you eyes.
    This is what is like with God.
    simplistic drivel...

I still scoff. I'm scoffing. I'm a scroffer. Scoff scoff scoff. Is my scoffing proof of my existence? Can one scoff without existing? I scoff, therefore I am.

All in all I'm cloudophobic, a lousy harp player, feathers make me itch and I don't look good in a white gown and a white beard.

Funny I should believe in a text written by a lad named after the male genitalia. Guess no-one gave that one much thought ...
    A post brought to you by the Grim Reaper Appreciation Society™

"Buy your lifetime subscription now and save on your coffin"

Gee, I didn't think anybody would respond to this, let me jump in.

On a hike one time, I spent an evening with a guy who knew the bible back to front, but otherwise didn't have both oars in the water (he was preparing himself to fight this King James guy whenever he showed up...honestly). He was able to interpret the bible in fantastic ways, since he wasn't bound by understanding the words according to the dictionary.

He proved that God was the Devil, using the bible. I've always regretted that I didn't write this proof down, because it was rock solid.

Another fun one is to search on the word "diverse" in the King James bible. I think that guy showed me every instance, and they were pretty interesting.

Of course, I only hung around because I had broken a bone in my foot, and was tired after hiking on it for a hundred miles or so, but it sure was an entertaining evening.

Oh yeah, I can't make heads or tails of that original quote that started this thread. How does that relate to anything, even metaphorically?

Hyperactive Member
    Jesusfreak don't you think that we poor atheist scoffers are justified when the pillars of religion (those in that special relationship with the almighty) are among the sickest people to ever walk the earth.

We've got child-molesting priests and bishops and cardinals protecting them.

Scamming and whoring evanglists sucking from their followers.

Billions of people killed in the name of the "proper" god.

Corruption in every known religion.

What kind of god would allow this crap to carry on in her name?

Religion is simply the biggest scam around preying on the vulnarabiliies of the weak.

My favorite part? Right here:
    Originally posted by fungi

That should ruffle some feathers.

Originally posted by fungi
    Originally posted by run_GMoney
    My favorite part? Right here:

That should ruffle some feathers.
    I bet she's hot... mmm
    I'm off to GalahTech, hope to see you there.

If you don't like the rules they make, refuse to play their game. -- Steve Ignorant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast