Thread: **RESOLVED**Crystal Reports / Make subreport flow from page to page

Addicted Member

Question **RESOLVED**Crystal Reports / Make subreport flow from page to page

I have a Crystal Report with a number of subreports. One of the details sections of the main report includes a subreport. I would like it if when I ran the report, it would allow the subreport to be split within several pages. Currently, the subreport shows up on page 2. I would like it to be split between pages one and two.

This is what makes this problem interesting. The subreport exists in the Details d section of the main report. Details d is not checked as Keep Together or New Page Before. The details section before Details d (Details c) is not checked for New Page After. If you go into edit subrebort for Details d, the Report Header has New Page Before checked off, but it is disabled (I can't change it).

How do I make this subreport flow across pages? Why is the Report Header section of my subreport checked for New Page Before but does not allow me to uncheck?
    Last edited by Jefftopia; Mar 18th, 2003 at 09:46 AM.

PowerPoster
    On the main report right click the sub-report area and then choose the Format Sub-Report menu item.

On the Common tab there is also a "Keep Object Together", which by default is turned on. In my experience this overrides the Keep Together option of the section. Try turning that option off as well.

The Report Header section does not apply to the Sub-Report. In fact, the report header section of the main report , also has the New Page Before checked and disabled.

Addicted Member
    Keep Together was not checked off on subreport detail section of main report. Any other suggestions?

PowerPoster
    Based on your reply, you may have mis-understood the solution. The problem has nothing to do with Keep Together of a Section.

Right Click the SubReport box/object that is on the Main Report (not the section where you placed the subreport).
    Select the Format SubReport menu item.
    Choose the Common tab.
    UnCheck the Keep Object Together box.

Addicted Member
    brucevde, you were right. You did have the solution. Thanks for taking the time to clarify

Frenzied Member

Re: **RESOLVED**Crystal Reports / Make subreport flow from page to page

I have the same problem, in my sub report I have a memo field which stretches over more than one page and when I preview it the group header of the subreport shows on page 1 but the memo field show's on the next page. I want the content to fill the remainder of page 1 and continue to page two etc. I have the Keep Object Together unticked but still starts on a new page.

Any help plz,

Jiggy!