Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morality Thread

The No relgious posts at the top of page wasn't enough of a warning? J4U showed no intention of following the rules. Besides, J4U has his own forum to discuss this stuff. How much you want a bet that he would ban you in a second if you posted something he found offensive on his forum?
    Stack Overflow
    See the features of Visual Studio 2010 and C# 4.0: The 10-4 show on Channel9

Fanatic Member
    he did actually lock two of my threads three times when i tried posting at his forum.

Hyperactive Member
    Originally posted by Cander
    The No relgious posts at the top of page wasn't enough of a warning? J4U showed no intention of following the rules. Besides, J4U has his own forum to discuss this stuff. How much you want a bet that he would ban you in a second if you posted something he found offensive on his forum?
    Well, I always have tried to look at things from the other's point of view. He obviously felt hurt (like I care though) about the religious ban and wanted to express his views on it. This thread was never intended to be a religious debate (at least i think). Brad banned him within 5 minutes of this thread being started. I doubt he ever gave him a formal warning or talked to any of the admins.
    OrdinaryGuy

Originally posted by Bonker Gudd
    The Bible tells him to do this.
    Well, we're lucky he didn't read the Mein Kampf(sp?)
    COBOL sa suce !!!

Retired VBF Adm1nistrator plenderj's Avatar
    Originally posted by maxl
    Well, we're lucky he didn't read the Mein Kampf(sp?)
    lol
    Microsoft MVP : Visual Developer - Visual Basic [2004-2005]

Cander
    By banning J4U, we have sunk to his level...And that's precisely why he shouldn't be banned. We should be more tolerant.
    Everything I say is either loose interpretation of dubious facts or idle speculation rooted in irrational sentiment.

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    Simon
    is intolerance towards the intolerant of the intolerant tolerant?
    Whats wrong about intolerance? Without intolerance, no evolution.
    I'm not advocating intolerance, but i'm not nessesarily a hypocrit.
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Strangly enough, the topic of tolerance was on South Park last night!
    Stack Overflow

Kedaman

Get your fleet away from mine

Nice avatar - obviously its not a premonition
    The liver is bad. It must be punished.

Kedaman
    is intolerance towards the intolerant of the intolerant tolerant?
    Yes!...I think...
    Whats wrong about intolerance? Without intolerance, no evolution.
    So?

By the way...I like your avatar!
    Everything I say is either loose interpretation of dubious facts or idle speculation rooted in irrational sentiment.

Go turkey! Keda, love your avatar

Originally posted by OrdinaryGuy
    Well, I always have tried to look at things from the other's point of view. He obviously felt hurt (like I care though) about the religious ban and wanted to express his views on it. This thread was never intended to be a religious debate (at least i think). Brad banned him within 5 minutes of this thread being started. I doubt he ever gave him a formal warning or talked to any of the admins.
    He had enough of a warning that this would happen.
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

Thanks simon, ranj and vicky btw ranj, you'd better line up your fleets
    Simon
    Yes!...I think...
    a double negation is true, but a negation is still a negation correct?
    So?
    what's sinking to a level have to do with intolerance?
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

Originally posted by kedaman

what's sinking to a level have to do with the price of fish?
    Dunno - but thats what will happen to your fleets after I depth charge them.
    The liver is bad. It must be punished.

its your fishermen's who'll have to pay in the end o
    Use

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar
    Jesus4U was not banned because of his religious beliefs. He was warned several times in the past by me and Jamie and more recently in private communication between him and Brad, and we gave him more leeway than most users who become problems. He was banned simply because he refused to go along with the rules.

are you going to ban everyone who use the f word, or accidentally answers "inaccurately" on a question trying to help?
    Use

are you going to ban everyone who use the f word...?
    Just like it always has been, people who use vulgarities, insult people, or whatever will be warned one or more times and only if they continue will they be banned.

...or accidentally answers "inaccurately" on a question trying to help?
    Obviously not. What would make you think that?

Retired VBF Adm1nistrator plenderj's Avatar
    Originally posted by MartinLiss
    Obviously not. What would make you think that?
    Part of the new AUP that one shouldn't post misleading or incorrect information or something like that.

Ked, you know aswell as I do what sort of context that particular rule is given in.
    Microsoft MVP : Visual Developer - Visual Basic [2004-2005]

I think it means deliberately misleading or incorrect information.

Remember, you only start *really* learning once you start to teach...
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

well if its not explicitely written, it could be applied in all contexts, no I don't know what specific context.
    Use

Jesus4U was not banned because of his religious beliefs. He was warned several times in the past by me and Jamie and more recently in private communication between him and Brad, and we gave him more leeway than most users who become problems. He was banned simply because he refused to go along with the rules.
    yeah you guys pretend to be unbiased in your judgments when all you do is single out people. Come on! You are telling me that curse words etc. are now acceptable over some religious threads?

Originally posted by alexpol
    yeah you guys pretend to be unbiased in your judgments when all you do is single out people. Come on! You are telling me that curse words etc. are now acceptable over some religious threads?
    First of all I know you are Jesus4U. About curse words, don't be rediculous, and the only people we "single out" are the ones who refuse to follow the rules. You know that you were warned any number of times, and while you may not like the rules, this is forum is not a democracy.

First of all I know you are Jesus4U. About curse words, don't be rediculous, and the only people we "single out" are the ones who refuse to follow the rules. You know that you were warned any number of times, and while you may not like the rules, this is forum is not a democracy.
    I don't care if you know or not. Follow rules? Cursing is ok then?

This is straight from Brad's rules:

You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

http://www.internet.com/corporate/privacy/aup.html

Funny how now I post the 'rules' and MArtin gets quiet.

I "got quiet" only because I had more important things to do at the moment.

Since you apparently didn't understand my "don't be rediculous" comment, let me spell it out for you. Cursing is not allowed. Is that clear enough now?

**** that. We should ****in be allowed to **** the **** ******* ***** *** ******** *** *** your mother ***** **** *** **** **** hey why am I banned......

(kiddin' )
    -- Linus Torvalds

Originally posted by RSINGH
    Kedaman

Get your fleet away from mine

Nice avatar - obviously its not a premonition
    Classic.
    -----------------------------------------
    -RJ
    rjlohan@alumni.uts.edu.au
    -----------------------------------------

Frenzied Member
    If we don't "bother" you, then your blood is on our hands. If we know someone doesn't believe, and let it go, then we haven't done all that we can for the kindom of God.

Keep on going J4U, you'll be with us soon. if they don't let you back in, there's always Jesus4U1, Jesus4U2, Jesus4UsAll, etc. he he

By the way, do you think Paul would have let some guy banning him from a forum stop him from preaching the Gospel.... I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Brad: I don't think you're as bad as a Roman soldier, so you don't stand a chance if this guys faith is as strong as it seems...

Chao for now,
    Squirrelly1

~GOD BLESS
    Now happily married and still crankin' away at the keyboard. Life is grand for a coder, no?

Frenzied Member
    By the way, R U going to ban me for my signature?
    Now happily married and still crankin' away at the keyboard. Life is grand for a coder, no?

Unlikely, because that's not annoying anyone, and you're perfectly entitled to your own beliefs.

It's religiously (heh) forcing them on others that causes trouble, and is why J4U was banned.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Brad says:
    Number 1
    VBForums centers on Visual Basic.
    Subtle implication: All threads must somehow relate to vb. Otherwise there is a strong possability they will be modded.

Brad says:
    Number 2
    VBForums is not about religion, politics or sex. There are other forums that focus in these area.
    Subtle implication: If a thread even ventures near these topics, especially if they don't conform to Number 1, then there is a stronger certainty they will be modded.

Brad says:
    Number 3
    Please do not continue this discussion in a new thread.
    Hmmmm,

-Lou

Originally posted by parksie
    It's religiously (heh) forcing them on others that causes trouble, and is why J4U was banned.
    did he use the 'power of god' to make you open the thread?
    I'm off to GalahTech, hope to see you there.

If you don't like the rules they make, refuse to play their game. -- Steve Ignorant.

Originally posted by msimmons
    did he use the 'power of god' to make you open the thread?
    Verygood point.
    Stack Overflow

Originally posted by Cander
    Verygood point.
    Thanks, but it has been said many times before
    (love the custom status)
    I'm off to GalahTech, hope to see you there.

If you don't like the rules they make, refuse to play their game. -- Steve Ignorant.

Frenzied Member
    Hey, as long as the name of the thread is not misleading in any way, we should be aloud to post what we wish. If someone wants to open a thread they can, if they don't then fine. I don't see him sending emails to everyone on the forums telling them about his latest thread (by the way, how would one go about this? j/k)

Just to clear things up... I'm agreeing with you all.

~Squirrelly1

Lightbulb My stupid sleepy opionion...

That bounty hunter hired by Janco Fet is immoral, he shot down a droid that didn't do anything wrong. Emporar Palpatine was moral because he got killed by darth vader instead of slowly draining my cellphones power... I am feeling stupid so ignore what I said.
    Hello

Frenzied Member
    nice avatar... go green!

But the Bible doesn't make sense.

If animals don't have souls and are almost exactly duplicates of us, spite physical appearence.

DNA, blood cells, brains, etc. Even similar replication organs.

They even show intelligence and memory.

They can be taught definition. Sit, laydown, rollever, fetch, and so on.

To say they have no souls, is reason to believe humans have no souls. Or animals do infact have souls.

But, what about plants, also created of cells, although different.

A better or worse form though? Superior or inferior?

Perhaps just difference, you have a static, and a dynamic life form. Both affecting eachother, both seemingly required -interdependency.

The algaes of the seas make up a substantial portion of oxygen generation.

But without depletion, there is no more C02, and they couldn't exist.

Even if they don't have souls, they have the same importance as we do.

Without food chains, and balance within them, chaos takes over.

Why would you god, allow free decimation of such important things to your life?

Each the meat of the animal, take freely that of greenery.

Where's the 'hey, don't over-do it, you'll kill yourselves, you pollute the oceans, you'll die, or want to'.

The Bible lacks the basic fundamental of all life. Self-preservation.
    Why do we procreate? To ensure our future. Like plant-life, we are human-life. We are all one, in a sense.

Why do we have defenses? Natural defenses. You don't see plants fighting eachother.

Animals are the only ones who attack eachother. Attack is therefore inherit of intelligence.

Even virii carry out complex tasks. An urge to survive. Do you believe it realizes, "hey, if I kill this guy, I'll probably die too."

That's the difference between us and them. And that's the difference between truth and religion. Religion even lacks this basic fundamental principle of life. And life is what we are, we should recongnize that before man's intrepretations of a said to be divinity.

You may believe that there's a heaven, and hell, and by doing good you'll goto heaven. But that's only an illusion. It's comfort, but it's not questioned.

An afterlife, where you never end. It sounds nice. You don't have to realize all your memories, all your emotion, love, hate, all your friends you knew, all the times you had, you won't remember. You won't even know you where. There is absolutely nothing out there for you. You may of well have never existed for yourself. And you'll never know if people will remember you or not. Your entire existence, forgotten.

Who wants to face that? No one, for the brave atheists that do, it takes a courage beyond reason. One you'll never expereience.

But you have to think.

If people really reincarnate, and they forget their past lives anyway, so what? (people who claim they've had past lives are insane)

If heaven exists, hah, then it pretty empty. To hell I go. But even that, the supposed fact I'll retain what I am, is a comfort.

I'd take hell over the truth. Unfortunately, I can't.

Morality is simply an opinion of each person.

What one sees as bad, another accpetable.

Some dogs bite you, some don't Some humans will harm you, other's won't.

Even 'lessor' animals have morals.

And I don't see them spreading the Bible around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast