Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A True 9/11 Memorial

A True 9/11 Memorial

Would it be nice, if for one day, we could convince or stop every unnatural death in the states? So that no one is murdered or killed for a full day. Now that would be a great memorial. Too bad it just wouldn't be possible.
    My evil laugh has a squeak in it.

kristopherwilson.com

Hyperactive Member
    wow!! i wish. But there will always be those selfish people who would take this day to kill someone. You know, it's how this world is and until humanity overcomes the obstacle of superficial things such as money and goods, this is not going to happen. There will always be unhappiness, unless you take drastic measures. And with unhappiness comes dislike which can ultimately lead to death.

Re: A True 9/11 Memorial

Originally posted by The Hobo
    Would it be nice, if for one day, we could convince or stop every unnatural death in the states? So that no one is murdered or killed for a full day. Now that would be a great memorial. Too bad it just wouldn't be possible.
    Don't forget that it wasn't just the US that was affected by this.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hyperactive Member
    i know. the repurcussions were felt all around the world such as a worsening economy and hatred. But... well, i live in new york!! so... sry 2 say, i don't think much bout the rest of the world (though i was born in europe). American culture... hehe, what can i say.

Lively Member
    reffering to the first comment.....wouldnt it be nice to stop un-natural deaths everyday, today is no different than any other in that respect.

Matt

Originally posted by MXAlPhA
    sry 2 say, i don't think much bout the rest of the world
    Probably the best explanation of how your country got yourselves into this mess in the first place...

Hyperactive Member
    It appears to me that America is blaming the rest of the world for this crap. Kiwis had to suffer $1,000,000,000NZ (from tourism etc etc) because of "September 11" and I'm sure other countries are just, if not more, pissed off about it.

Originally posted by Dreamlax
    It appears to me that America is blaming the rest of the world for this crap. Kiwis had to suffer $1,000,000,000NZ (from tourism etc etc) because of "September 11" and I'm sure other countries are just, if not more, pissed off about it.
    George Bush can give it out but can't take it.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hyperactive Member
    You got that right!

Hyperactive Member
    ha

Kiwis???

I dunno, but I don't think 9/11 effected my or my family in anyway... this was the first year that we actually flew somewhere on a plane for vacation instead of driving.
    <removed by admin>

Hyperactive Member
    WOW!?... i fly all the time!! i flew 4 months after 9/11 and a week before it!!! If my school would've started a week later, i would've been stuck in da airports.

Originally posted by Gaffer
    Probably the best explanation of how your country got yourselves into this mess in the first place...
    England is next man. Blair will make sure of that.

Hyperactive Member
    yes... america was lazy because it was worried about its image. It didn't want to be thought of as the country that killed thousands of thousands of people, rather it relies on the natives to the land which will later betray them and try to kill em (ie. osama and sudhaim)

Originally posted by MXAlPhA
    yes... america was lazy because it was worried about its image. It didn't want to be thought of as the country that killed thousands of thousands of people, rather it relies on the natives to the land which will later betray them and try to kill em (ie. osama and sudhaim)
    It's a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation. If The US didn't help out Saddam against Iran and ignored the situation , There would be a country full of dead Iraqis. We would be hated by arabs for letting that happen. Instead we helped them, Their president went nutts and they hate us for that. I guess that is one of the ball n chains that goes with being a superpower. Take the Iraq situation today. If we do nothing and Iraq nukes some one, we'll be blamed. If we take Saddam out, we get blamed. No matter what the US bashers will be there with grins on their faces.

Hyperactive Member
    yes... i no. I'm just saying before, america should've intervened and not just help someone without having real power which is the only way to preserve peace in the world. The only way to keep peace in a world of differences and hatred is by someone having power to change your minds, the us can temporarily occupy those countries (similar to what it did to japan) and then when they get on their feet. leave.

There will always be those people who hate the us. Whatever happens, there will always be countries that hate the us. Jews and Palestinians will be enemies for a VERY long time or perhaps forever.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
    Take the Iraq situation today. If we do nothing and Iraq nukes some one, we'll be blamed. If we take Saddam out, we get blamed. No matter what the US bashers will be there with grins on their faces.
    Yep you are pretty much right. Doesn’t matter what the US does really. If the US goes into Iraq and takes Saddam out they will be perceived as bullies. If the US leaves him alone and he nukes someone like Israel then they get blamed for not taking him out while they had the chance.

Being the worlds peace keeper is a thankless job. But someone has to do it. I'm glad there is someone out there at least trying.

X

Originally posted by MidgetsBro
    Kiwis???
    Australian for Australian
    I'm bringing geeky back...

Oh... you damn kiwis j/k. I like aussies. Their accents make me laugh. g'day mates.
    <removed by admin>

Hyperactive Member
    kiwis? lol!! i was thinkin of the fruit... but is that what you call yourselves? Aussies sounds better

Don't kiwis come from somewhere down under? Like new zealand or something? I don't know.
    <removed by admin>

Hyperactive Member
    KIWIS ARE FROM NEW ZEALAND!

It's because Kiwis are the native bird of New Zealand, and KiwiFRUIT is what you people probably just call kiwis.

I sure hope whoever said it was Australian knows there are differences between NZ and Aussie! lol

Not much difference between kiwi's and aussies on Bondi beach though (Thanks Jello !)
    A post brought to you by the Grim Reaper Appreciation Society™

"Buy your lifetime subscription now and save on your coffin"

Originally posted by Xanith
    Being the worlds peace keeper is a thankless job. But someone has to do it. I'm glad there is someone out there at least trying.
    America isn't the world's peace keeper.
    It sticks its nose, rather obtrusively into other countries' business, and just causes trouble.
    Even Nelson Mandela thinks the US is a threat to world peace.
    The US only think they're the world's peacekeepers, because they wipe out anyone that could **** with them.

And another thing, september 11th hasn't effected the whole world.
    Well actually sorry it has.
    Its pissed us all off. We want america to just shut up.
    We're all sick and tired of listening to it.
    Of course few people will say that publicly, but everyone just wants american to shut up.

Hyperactive Member
    Too bloody right.

If The US didn't help out Saddam against Iran and ignored the situation , There would be a country full of dead Iraqis. We would be hated by arabs for letting that happen.
    No you wouldn't. Nobody else in the world - a few mouthy politicians aside - thinks "Oh, I wish America would come and help". Why would they? They've never thought "I wish the Russians would help", or the British, or the French etc etc.

I'd be interested to hear of genuine examples of where Americans have been vilified for not helping. Rwanda? Ethiopia? Zimbabwe? None of the above? The only times your help was requested - the two world wars - you took your bloody time. Why so keen to rush in when you're not invited?
    Indecisiveness is the key to flexibility.

www.mangojacks.com

Originally posted by InvisibleDuncan
    Why so keen to rush in when you're not invited?
    Because don't you understand, the US is the peace keeper of the world.
    So they have to help us all out.

Because as you know, the rest of the world can't take care of itself.
    None of the european countries have their own armies, so we need the US to rush into everything.

Gosh I thought you would have known that

Hyperactive Member
    Maybe he's American...... oooh, too harsh an insult I take that back.

PowerPoster
    I think this is going a bit over the top guys.

The average American has no say in their foreign policy, just the same as we don't.

They do seem to live up to their stereotype somewhat, so perhaps that perception is accurate, but I also know from personal experience that they are mostly friendly people (apart from traffic cops, geez, arseholes!) and probably don't even realise that they are somewhat disliked over their policies towards others

And they can't be that stupid. They have after all put men on the moon which is more than anybody else has done. They did start the very thing you are using right now, e.g. the internet. Whilst that screen in front of you was thanks to a Briton, the rest of your PC is thanks to Americans.

So, how about everyone gives it a rest, because it is contributing to the sour tone around this place.

America the worlds peacekeeper, ha!
    Good one, best quote I have heard all week.

Originally posted by chrisjk
    ...And they can't be that stupid. They have after all put men on the moon which is more than anybody else has done. They did start the very thing you are using right now, e.g. the internet. Whilst that screen in front of you was thanks to a Briton, the rest of your PC is thanks to Americans.

So, how about everyone gives it a rest, because it is contributing to the sour tone around this place.
    Not true young Chris, parts of the internet are American, and parts are from all over the place the first people to form protocols for networks were mostly in Universitys & government funded stuff, based in the USA, UK, France, Germany... it's true that the Yanks have done the most development of computers, but the computer itself was mostly the brain child of a man called Alan Turing (An Englishman)

I haven't been here much recently, I didn't know it's getting a bit sour
    My Spidey senses are tingling!

England is next man. Blair will make sure of that.
    i hate to say this but, at the moment blair has got his head right up bush's arse. and if he doesnt realise that fighting isnt going to solve anything alot of people are going to be in trouble

Originally posted by Flustor
    but the computer itself was mostly the brain child of a man called Alan Turing (An Englishman)
    You studied computers in university ?

Originally posted by plenderj
    You studied computers in university ?
    Electronic Engineering

..but learned about Alan Turing because my Dad worked as a lecturer in a University near the research lab Turing was de-coding at.

Originally posted by Flustor
    Not true young Chris, parts of the internet are American, and parts are from all over the place the first people to form protocols for networks were mostly in Universitys & government funded stuff, based in the USA, UK, France, Germany... it's true that the Yanks have done the most development of computers, but the computer itself was mostly the brain child of a man called Alan Turing (An Englishman)

I haven't been here much recently, I didn't know it's getting a bit sour
    My dad worked on some of the original protocols to get the proto-internet routed across SATNET from America to England (and in my home town as well )
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

Originally posted by parksie
    My dad worked on some of the original protocols to get the proto-internet routed across SATNET from America to England (and in my home town as well )
    V cool parksie!!

Chris: I knew what you were saying, just being a padantic pain

I agree with you, there are lots of very intellegent, groovy Americans out there

The RSA encryption stuff was invented by some poor man working for the British MOD. He signed the British Secrets Act so he couldn't publish it . . .

. . .UK joins/forms NATO. UK shares technology with NATO. Americans publish algorithm . . .

hmmm

also made in Britain was the CD Player, DVD Player etc etc.

As for the American's all I can say is 'Greetings from the Mothership'

The America Military designed and developed the precursor for the internet (y'know decentralised computing etc . .)

Originally posted by yrwyddfa
    The RSA encryption stuff was invented by some poor man working for the British MOD. He signed the British Secrets Act so he couldn't publish it . . .
    http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/r...thm/index.html

Originally posted by yrwyddfa
    The America Military designed and developed the precursor for the internet (y'know decentralised computing etc . .)
    ARPANET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast