Thread: [RESOLVED, pretty much] Windows 2000 and USB Imaging Devices

[RESOLVED, pretty much] Windows 2000 and USB Imaging Devices

I recently put Win2000 on my HDD as a dual boot with Win98SE, and the scanner and digital camara (both through the USB) don't seem to work. I've found the Win2000 drivers, but they still don't seem to work. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for getting them to work?
    Last edited by Rick Bull; Sep 8th, 2002 at 10:06 AM.

PowerPoster
    do other things work in the USB?

I've never had any troubles with my scanner or digital camera. What are the models?
    All contents of the above post that aren't somebody elses are mine, not the property of some media corporation.
    (Just a heads-up)

Well I have no trouble with my cable modem I've just got for broadband, and also my keyboard is fine (obviously )

The scanner is a Mustek 1200 UB and the camera is a HP PhotoSmart 612. The camera is probably only about 6 months old, and the scanner is probably just over a year. It's the image unloading software that doesn't seem to recognise the camera is connected.

Maybe you have the connect mode set to USB hard disk, make sure its not that one (then you can use the PhotoSmart software).
    All contents of the above post that aren't somebody elses are mine, not the property of some media corporation.
    (Just a heads-up)

I don't think it's that, as it's working under Windows 98SE. But is that on the camera itself or the software?

On the camera itself. I have a 628 or something like that... actually, if it's not, set it to USB hard disk or digital device or whatever (you'll know it when you see it). You'll be able to load a generic driver and copy files off of it.
    (Just a heads-up)

Hey it worked. Thanks a lot Sastraxi (and chris). Now if I could just get my scanner to work. Maybe I'll see if I can find some more drivers for it.

OK, I just about got my scanner to work, in a back handed way. It keeps telling me that the TWAIN driver can't be found (or something along those lines). But I can manually select the scanner from the options of my art package, so it works, just.

Yay
    (Just a heads-up)