Thread: galah.net members...

galah.net members...

Attached Images Attached Images  

This is reminding me more and more of TurtleTips.
    I'm bringing geeky back...

aha...

Well, minus the mean admin of course.

What I'm saying is that the staff is 500% better but the parties, even the hacks on the board, are uncanny to the way Chris did TT

Cast your mind back Justin... whose idea was the party at TT

Ah, true I just find the resemblance uncanny. Galah is what TT should have been...

NX has just never found its heyday. When one site dies, another opens up, even if we've been around longer than ProMasc, TT, and Galah combined...

Galah is what TT never could be Justin In fact any site run by kiddies It is a site for adults.. and for the discussion of all things interesting to adults.. we do not want or expect it to appeal to everyone..

And yes we are using the best things from TT.. and other sites too.. that is just sensible.. give the people what they want

Chris did a great job at TT.. and was stabbed in the back for his efforts.. now he is somewhere that truly appreciates his fine work.

Addicted Member
    Just popping in my $0.02c worth.

The parties at TT were DF's idea in the first place.

Chris was major hacker dude at TT, so naturally has included all the great hacks at galah.net.

As opposed to most sites we don't run a 101 rules and treat our members like children. You may also have noticed the profanity filter isn't exactly over burdened, at last count exactly 2 words. One our female members find offensive, and one which is offensive for our US cousins.

You will also notice our members aren't over using any of the words which other sites seem to think need to be banned. Finally a site which treats adults as adults, and isn't an ego trip.

If off to see if anyone has answered my lame questions on the forums
    Last edited by jritchie; Sep 7th, 2002 at 12:57 AM.

Shake shake shake... shake your booty..

PowerPoster
    Originally posted by Jungle-Man
    but the parties, even the hacks on the board, are uncanny to the way Chris did TT

I just find the resemblance uncanny
    I don't see how since I wasn't responsible for the parties, the look, the rules and I'm still not. How can they be the same when I've had little or no hand in either of them?

The topics are completely different, it doesn't look anything like it, it's not "administered" the same way: I don't see any parallels whatsoever except perhaps this party, which is something I only found out by reading this thread.

As for the hacks; everybody who's anybody has got things like quick reply: nxs has got it, does that immediatly make it a TT-lookalike?!

Is every board I ever have a hand in possibly in future going to immediately be branded a TT-clone? coz if it is I'm gonna stop right now.

Originally posted by jritchie
    One our female members find offensive, and one which is offensive for our US cousins.
    I can think of the first...but could you PM me the second? Even after that thread I could never work it out.
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

PowerPoster
    ****er

I missed the party
    I would've liked to hear Keda's new mix..
    All contents of the above post that aren't somebody elses are mine, not the property of some media corporation.
    (Just a heads-up)

It's next week!
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

transcendental analytic kedaman's Avatar
    Originally posted by chrisjk
    I don't see how since I wasn't responsible for the parties, the look, the rules and I'm still not. How can they be the same when I've had little or no hand in either of them?

The topics are completely different, it doesn't look anything like it, it's not "administered" the same way: I don't see any parallels whatsoever except perhaps this party, which is something I only found out by reading this thread.

As for the hacks; everybody who's anybody has got things like quick reply: nxs has got it, does that immediatly make it a TT-lookalike?!

Is every board I ever have a hand in possibly in future going to immediately be branded a TT-clone? coz if it is I'm gonna stop right now.
    I don't even think there was anything wrong with the TT site, maybe Furby did some big mistakes in his administration career but nothing wrong with the site, branding is just a unmotivated generalisation.

yep, parksie will be streaming the mix (i hope), in case you can't get to the party, you could download it from my page of mixes, to which link is in my signature
    Use
    writing software in C++ is like driving rivets into steel beam with a toothpick.
    writing haskell makes your life easier:
    reverse (p (6*9)) where p x|x==0=""|True=chr (48+z): p y where (y,z)=divMod x 13
    To throw away OOP for low level languages is myopia, to keep OOP is hyperopia. To throw away OOP for a high level language is insight.

I don't mean for it to come out like that but face it there are striking similarities the parties, the award system (And the elusive "cool" award...yeah and the members who don't get it aren't cool?), I just can't help the fact that it reminds me of TT.

Of course, in its own ways it's 100x better since we don't have Filburt as admin, and we do have Jello and DF as admin.

Who really gives a ****?

Jeez looks like we found a party bore already =)

Get a few drinks down you, maybe the world will seem like a happier place and you'll get dancing and make a fool of yourself. Or maybe you and Chris will get drunk and angry and have a bareknuckle boxing match over whether TT used a similar shade of red once, you know, in that little bit in the bottom right corner... either way, someone had better video it cos I'm not gonna be there - gonna have no home net access for a while from Monday, since I'm moving back to uni and haven't got cable installed yet.
    Harry.

"From one thing, know ten thousand things."

Well, then I haven't missed the party. Time to SWING!
    All contents of the above post that aren't somebody elses are mine, not the property of some media corporation.
    (Just a heads-up)

(And the elusive "cool" award...yeah and the members who don't get it aren't cool?),

FYI it is not in anyway a "cool" award.. it is an award for outstanding service to the board.. so far the only recipients are Jamie for his manic testing before we went live.. Parksie for spotting some very major bugs.. and Jon (Cybersurfer) for naming the Galah..

I always thought it was completely crass to have "cool" awards.

To the best of my knowledge, Chris didn't even exist before TT. I wouldn't call Galah a TT clone, but Chris was obviously cloned in the TT labs and now there appears to be several of them loose in cyberspace creating evil forums for his Turtle Master.

People, this is obviously a conspiracy that we have become an unwilling part of. Once we all belong to one of their forums, they will initiate the final step of their plan and we'll be the victims. We must stop them before it's too late!

BTW... I noticed there were no Mountain Dews at the Galah party. More evidence of the satanic nature behind it all. Beware!

Mwahahahahahahahaha

Pfffftt.... shows how much attention you are paying Caf.. the party is next week... and I 'specially got you a crate of Mountain Dew

It's been a busy 2 weeks. I've been driving back and forth about 400 miles every day and the movers are finally delivering the first of my two storages tomorrow am. I can't wait to get my life back to normal. I haven't had a good night's sleep for 7 months and I'm not kidding about that.

In the mean time, I've been researching my next companion. I've decided that CafeenDog will be a Bull Terrier. Once I'm settled I'll start calling breeders.

I don't know how anything I've just said has anything to do with your response to my comments, but it's obviously some sort of mind control you're using on me to make me appear to be more of an idiot than normal so people will discount my warning about your evilness.

EVERYONE BEWARE OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. If there is Dew, he will come. <-- note the spelling you nasty people!

Woo Hooooooo

Looking forward to seeing you there Caf, and hearing what has been happening in your life.. think I must have missed an installment.. in "Days of our Cafeen"

OK DF, I'm behind you all on this site. Dim and I talked tonight and we'll perhaps get an exchange going but we are revamping the site at the moment...

Addicted Member
    OK DF, I'm behind you all on this site. Dim and I talked tonight and we'll perhaps get an exchange going but we are revamping the site at the moment...
    Which site are you revamping Justin

PowerPoster
    I don't mean for it to come out like that but face it there are striking similarities the parties, the award system (And the elusive "cool" award...yeah and the members who don't get it aren't cool?), I just can't help the fact that it reminds me of TT.
    none of which were my idea

Originally posted by jritchie
    Which site are you revamping Justin
    NXSupport...we've got a secret project

Originally posted by DragonFly
    FYI it is not in anyway a "cool" award.. it is an award for outstanding service to the board.. so far the only recipients are Jamie for his manic testing before we went live.. Parksie for spotting some very major bugs.. and Jon (Cybersurfer) for naming the Galah..

I always thought it was completely crass to have "cool" awards.
    That reminds me... I still haven't had much contribution to my tattoo competition...
    -----------------------------------------
    -RJ
    rjlohan@alumni.uts.edu.au
    -----------------------------------------

Originally posted by rjlohan
    That reminds me... I still haven't had much contribution to my tattoo competition...
    Can't go wrong with a Kilroy imitation...

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

Originally posted by rjlohan
    Oh yeah.. forgot about that.. we should get that going again... hmmmmm *rushes to do some bumpage*