Thread: In honor of all lost

PowerPoster

Post In honor of all lost

PowerPoster
    Lost when?

Are we talking about the thousands who go missing every year?
    Millions who were killed during 2 world wars?
    Hundreds of people who get murdered every day by bombs, bullets or whatever?

Help me out here...

PowerPoster
    well.......take a look at the picture. Got a clue yet?

PowerPoster
    Nope sorry, doesn't ring a bell

Originally posted by chrisjk
    Nope sorry, doesn't ring a bell
    He must be referring to the Hundred Years War. That was a doosy.
    Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

Originally posted by jesus4u
    well.......take a look at the picture. Got a clue yet?
    I see two refrigeraters, and a table next to a very small swimming pool...

Perhaps the aliens abducted the swimmer(s)?

Z.

Originally posted by Zaei
    I see two refrigeraters, and a table next to a very small swimming pool...

Perhaps the aliens abducted the swimmer(s)?

Z.
    You poor misguided fool...

Its obviously a representation of a giant birdman next to a trampoline.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you just water down your vodka.

Take credit, not responsibility

Frenzied Member
    keeps looking like a drag racer to me

Hyperactive Member

Poor taste IMHO

Guys,

I take Chris' point that millions get killed in wars and famines and so on all through history, but I think these comments belittle the tragedy of last September and are in bad taste IMO.

Bad taste is people squabbling over money that the government gave out to the families of the people who died. Bad Taste is the governement giving out that money anyway. Bad taste is all of the people who claim that the tradgedy could have been avoided, had so and so done this, or such and such done that. Bad taste is Bush using 9/11 to get his approval ratings up, and neglecting the will of the people to do it. There has been a lot of crap running around in this last year, and to compare THAT to our comments... well, there just isnt even a comparison.

Z.

Originally posted by Zaei
    Bad taste is people squabbling over money that the government gave out to the families of the people who died. Bad Taste is the governement giving out that money anyway. Bad taste is all of the people who claim that the tradgedy could have been avoided, had so and so done this, or such and such done that. Bad taste is Bush using 9/11 to get his approval ratings up, and neglecting the will of the people to do it. There has been a lot of crap running around in this last year, and to compare THAT to our comments... well, there just isnt even a comparison.

Z.
    yeah, maybe you should **** ****in **** ****ing **** drink ****in **** **** you you ****in ass**** **** **** **** **** ****

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=195570

****in ****
    "A RESPECTED scientist has put forward the stunning - if unsavoury - possibility that humans are descended from sewage dumped overboard by aliens."
    "First we read that we are the creation of God, then scientists say we are descended from apes. Now they say we're some sort of alien poo. How much further can we sink?"
    - Robert Matthews, Science Correspondent

wasn't there some lawsuit filed by 3000 families of 9/11 victims asking for 15 trillion USD or some obscene amount like that from Saudi Princes, the Afghan govt, and charities or something like that?

now that is bad taste

-C

Freshman drafting class

Looks like someone isn't going to make a very good engineer. A bolt should be round and have threads - they're not square or rectangular. The nut looks ok though.

Well, I think most of the people who have posted in this thread are being twats, and letting the fact that they don't like jesus4u prejudice them against accepting his honest attempt to commemorate 9/11.

Some of you really need to grow up a little.

End of rant.

Re: Poor taste IMHO

Originally posted by Jim Brown
    I think these comments belittle the tragedy of last September and are in bad taste IMO.
    And I agree 200%.

I'm bringing geeky back...

Frenzied Member MerrionComputin's Avatar
    I don't know that the morning of one set of victims of random violence because they happen to be American is something to be particularily condoned. I know of nobody who was directly affected by the attack so I choose not to mourn it - I do know of two acquaintences in Lesotho who have died of AIDS due (in some part) to the outrageous charges on anti retroviral medicines and I choose to mourn that. However if I where to draw pictures of them and post them on a forum I would not expect you to join in that mourning.

Originally posted by CyberSurfer
    Well, I think most of the people who have posted in this thread are being twats, and letting the fact that they don't like jesus4u prejudice them against accepting his honest attempt to commemorate 9/11.

End of rant.
    How do you commemorate an event that has been ongoing since the day it happened? I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds all the people jumping on the 9/11 bandwagon sickening and disrespectful to an extreme - even more so than those who choose to make jokes about it. 9/11 has become the most commercialized item in the past year.

Humor is a valid form of dealing with events - especially those that are so horrific there is really no way to make sense of them.

Being offended is a really immature way of responding to things other people do or say. There are healthier ways to respond.

PowerPoster
    Originally posted by CyberSurfer

Steady on!

Doesn't matter who posted it, I would have been as facetious as I was because I was making a point. The attacks on the US on 11th September were tragic, awful, all the other negative adjectives you care to name, but it was not the bloodiest, not the worst, not the first and as sure as white is white will not be the last.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any post on 11th November (except perhaps those "commemorating" 2 months since September last year). This terrorism has been happening all over the world for years, only now it's happened to the almighty all-powerful US does it matter?! Yeah...right.

We Americans seem to think that we are somehow better then everyone else, and thus we can do, say, think, etc, whatever we want. Yes, 9.11.01 was a horrible, tragic, day, but it simply became all the more tragic when people simply took it, and used it to make themselves a bit of cash. It became more tragic when 99% of America got a frikkin flag, and put it in thier car window, and said that they we "patriotic". Patriotic my ass. Thats a big game of "9/11 was horrible, but I dont want to be the one without a stupid flag in my window". Its a load of crap. And THAT is how Americans have chosen to take 9.11.01. If I make comments about the attacks, like chris, I am also making a point, and that point is that, however tragic anything might be... well, there is always money in it somewhere. There is ALWAYS someone who sees gain. Excuse my language, but F U C K. Some freaking sports team took on that god D A M N E D slogan "Lets Roll"!!! You accuse ME of bad taste?! How dare you?!

Z.

Easy, people...

9/11 (damn it, even I have to call it that now ) wasn't exactly a nice thing to happen. But things like that happen all over, and I just have to agree with the people that say the US seems to have taken it far more personally than they should.

The American public has been given a fairly stark warning that you cannot go meddling in other countries' affairs without something coming back at you.
    I refuse to tie my hands behind my back and hear somebody say "Bend Over, Boy, Because You Have It Coming To You".
    -- Linus Torvalds

Originally posted by parksie
    The American public has been given a fairly stark warning that you cannot go meddling in other countries' affairs without something coming back at you.
    If so, they didn't quite get that message right (Iraq)

-C

Originally posted by chrisjk
    Steady on!

Doesn't matter who posted it, I would have been as facetious as I was because I was making a point. The attacks on the US on 11th September were tragic, awful, all the other negative adjectives you care to name, but it was not the bloodiest, not the worst, not the first and as sure as white is white will not be the last.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing any post on 11th November (except perhaps those "commemorating" 2 months since September last year). This terrorism has been happening all over the world for years, only now it's happened to the almighty all-powerful US does it matter?! Yeah...right.
    Fair enough, point taken and I apologise for my somewhat acidic response. From my point of view it seemed like the humerous comments were aimed at belittling jesus4u.

Originally posted by siyan
    If so, they didn't quite get that message right (Iraq)

-C
    No, we just want to go and **** Iraq to show the world that we still have balls after 9.11.01. Actually, Bush wants that, no one else really does.

Z

I generally refer to the government when referring to america

-C

PowerPoster
    The real problem in this hawks v doves situation is that the US's most powerful weapon in the fight against terrorism is being cut back. I am refering to the Peace Corps, which has done such great work in Southern and Central Africa and has never been properly publicised by the US government.
    By working with people to reduce poverty they remove the conditions in which the seeds of extremeism and terrorism can flourish and provide a counter to the anti-American propoganda that is often used by the extremeists.
    If you are a US citizen of college leaving age I'd urge you to think about joining them for a year. You'll be doing a lot more to protect your country than you could ever do with an M16

Originally posted by MerrionComputin
    I don't know that the morning of one set of victims of random violence because they happen to be American is something to be particularily condoned. I know of nobody who was directly affected by the attack so I choose not to mourn it - I do know of two acquaintences in Lesotho who have died of AIDS due (in some part) to the outrageous charges on anti retroviral medicines and I choose to mourn that. However if I where to draw pictures of them and post them on a forum I would not expect you to join in that mourning.

That pretty accurately sums up how I feel about it. Can I quote you?
    -----------------------------------------
    -RJ
    rjlohan@alumni.uts.edu.au
    -----------------------------------------

How about we mourn over all the people the U.S. has killed? Oh yeah, that's not important. We're all just self-centered f***s and give a care about what happens to our country.

The simple fact of the matter is this is no surprise. America deserves it. Perhaps not the people who died, but what goes around comes around. They can hardly be called terrorism. It is simply vengence.

And our reply? Vengence. People in other countries could consider our actions terrorism.

It simply comes down to:

"Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity."
    - Said by my friend Karyn.

Originally posted by DiGiTaIErRoR
    People in other countries could consider our actions terrorism.
    Actually the US and UK's impending attack on Iraq is illegal, as the UN have not cleared it.

Not only illegal, but rather odd, seeing as Israel have similar desttructive power as Iraq, yet I don't see USS Redneck monitoring Jerusalem...

Yep, and strangely enough the US's arsenal cannot be inspected. 'Matters of national safety' apparently.
    A post brought to you by the Grim Reaper Appreciation Society™

"Buy your lifetime subscription now and save on your coffin"

Originally posted by Wally Pipp
    Yep, and strangely enough the US's arsenal cannot be inspected. 'Matters of national safety' apparently.
    Why would you need to inspect? Every nation in the world knows our nuclear capability. It is no secret that the US has enough firepower to put a hurting on most of the planet. Letting Iraq have Nuclear weapons is like giving a 3 year old a lighter and a pipe bomb.

nevermind

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
    Letting Iraq have Nuclear weapons is like giving a 3 year old a lighter and a pipe bomb.
    HA!! The hippocrasy!!! How come the Pentagon have lost 11 nuclear warheads since 1944, and are unable to reconcile 25% of their budget since that period?

And, if it's not too much to ask, can we please have only one (1) commemoration thread today ?

Hyperactive Member
    Too true. America isn't the centre of the universe so don't think that the people killed compensates further than all the people American's have killed in wars.

Get over it I say. It's been a year. Do you celebrate ANZAC day in America? No! So why should New Zealanders and all other countries for that matter have to put up with 'September 11'?

I sure hope America's attempt to dominate the world fails.