Thread: Weird,Weird,Werid

Lively Member

Maybe someone can answer this???I'll try to word this so it makes sense. I wrote some
    code yesterday and it actually worked ,heheh
    Then i decided i needed two more text boxes
    and needed to change the code abit to work
    in conjuction with the textboxes
    eg txtTotal,then added txtsubtotal and txtGst
    then proceded to try and make the code work with the new textboxes, at that time I couldn't figure out how to make it work . then deleted the two textboxes because i had the code screwed up badly and redid the code back to the original code that worked. arrg
    it kept giving me the wrong values and i know
    for fact that it was the same code i had before i added the new textboxes. played with it for a hour or two. even compared it to the same code that i had saved on a floppy disc
    I deleted the entire sub routine and replaced it with the same sub routine that was saved on the floppy disc but this time when i tested the program the code worked fine without any wrong values showing up.This has happened to me once before also. any ideas
    anybody or am i in the TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!!

Addicted Member

Jessie,

What version of windows, we came across the same thing in 95b and 98. It would appear that the project is held somewhere in memory and the memory version over-rides the one on disk.

You can force the same thing if you load a vb app over an existing app. We have found that you need to a) delete the app, b) clear it from the recycle bin to avoid the problem

Lively Member

That must be it I have that version of Windows 95 thanks here I thought i was losing my mind unfortunally i cannot upgrade to 98
    because it doesn't have any drivers to support my mwave card I will never buy a IBM
    computer again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hyperactive Member Juan Carlos Rey's Avatar

I have win 98 and the same thing keeps happening once and again!

You delete a command button, then reload it and it comes with old previous code. It is particularly annoying if a long time has ellapsed since deletion, because you no longer remember what that control did!