Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 307077787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,200 of 3456

Thread: What song are you listening to right now?

4 Non Blondes - What's Up

Radiohead - Creep

Alanis Morissette - Everything

Foo Fighters - Everlong

Shakespears Sister - Hello

Living Colour - Cult of Personality

Last edited by Peter Porter; Sep 27th, 2021 at 09:19 AM.

Tom Petty - You Don't Know How It Feels

The Cranberries - Linger

Skunk Anansie - Hedonism

Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight

Brooks & Dunn - Neon Moon

PowerPoster

Re: What song are you listening to right now?

Takes me back to a special someone I knew from 6th through 12th grades. We had a lot of that "walking to/from school together" in the 6th grade, but after that we were seldom in direct contact. 7th through 12th grades most contact was through her closest female friend who was in many of my classes through accident of last names and alphabetical order used to break us all up into classes. Big schools.

Last time I saw her was on the bus ride home the very last day of high school. Right there I should have finally made a move. That was 47 years ago and we both moved on to other partners we married later on.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

Takes me back to a special someone I knew from 6th through 12th grades. We had a lot of that "walking to/from school together" in the 6th grade, but after that we were seldom in direct contact. 7th through 12th grades most contact was through her closest female friend who was in many of my classes through accident of last names and alphabetical order used to break us all up into classes. Big schools.

Last time I saw her was on the bus ride home the very last day of high school. Right there I should have finally made a move. That was 47 years ago and we both moved on to other partners we married later on.
    "The wounds heal... but the layers remain."

Quote from an online friend of 60 years ... that in 2006 was the last time we talked.

PowerPoster

PowerPoster

Roundtable Rival - Lindsey Sterling

tbh - I could listen to Lindsey Sterling all day... hrmmm... maybe I will...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Few seem to remember The Great Schnozzola any more.

PowerPoster

Darn, I just realized I don't have that Bush album (CD) in my car. Looks like I haven't ever ripped it. Seems like a weird omission, I'll have to see if somebody borrowed it and never returned it.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

I have...

https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

I have covid! A little souvenir of a terrible year.
    https://github.com/yereverluvinunclebert

Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.

By the power invested in me, all the threads I start are battle free zones - no arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign.

PowerPoster

Just going to leave this here... no introduction is needed... no explanation is necessary... no apologies will be made...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

PowerPoster

It's amazing how much this sounds like the main theme from Batman '87:

PowerPoster

Most viewers never twig to the fact that this is a rendition of Radiohead's "Creep." It gets used throughout the series as subtextual ambience.

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

If you're into diss tracks....two of the best in recent years. MGK fires first then Eminem answers back:-

PowerPoster

Who else remembers The Venture Brothers?

Who has their series of Christmas tunes?

PowerPoster

PEPAS VS HEADS WILL ROLL (Proyecto X Remix) - Eme Sarav

Meat Loaf ... RIP ...

A part of my youth soundtrack has passed...

-tg

Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 307077787980818283 ... LastLast