Thread: [2008] After clicking a picturebox, tooltip won't show on the same picturebox.

[2008] After clicking a picturebox, tooltip won't show on the same picturebox.

I am wondering why my tooltip does not show after clicking my picturebox?

For example:

I hold my mouse over my picturebox, it shows the tooltip, I click the picturebox, I move my mouse away for a second or two, I bring it back, and nothing shows, even if I hold my mouse there for 10 seconds...

But if I hold my mouse over my other picturebox, the tooltip shows, and then when I hold my mouse over the picturebox that was not working, the tooltip shows for it?

Does anyone know why?

Thanks

Re: [2008] After clicking a picturebox, tooltip won't show on the same picturebox.

I've seen that same behaviour and I think it's a bug. I've never actually researched it so I don't know whether an explanation has ever been provided but I suspect that it's actually a Windows fault rather than a .NET fault.

Re: [2008] After clicking a picturebox, tooltip won't show on the same picturebox.

thanks, that kind of sucks, that means I have to manually make a tooltip

O well, cheers

I had this same problem and got around it by adding this to the click event...

Code:
    Tooltip1.Active = False
    Tooltip1.Active = True
    Hackish I know, but hey, it works!