Thread: VBForums QuickPaste

VBForums QuickPaste

QuickPaste is a handy little app I wrote in VB.NET-05 to paste coloured code blocks (without using the highlight tags), custom smilies, and any other misc. custom text that you configure.

It is similiar to NoteMe's VBF Extension, except that this will work with IE, should actually work for all browsers as it simply uses clipboard operations.

QuickPaste will colour VB/VB.NET/C# or anything similar

Example VB-Style
    Code:
    If 7 + 2 = 9 Then
    	For Each yup
    		Text = "some text yo" 'thats some text...
    	Next yup
    End If
    Example C-Style
    Code:
    if(7+2==9)
    {
    	for(i=0;i<1;i++)
    	{
    		Text = "some text yo" //that's some text yo...
    	}
    }
    As for custom smilies, it doesn't come with anything exciting to begin with, you have to populate it with your own (sorry)

The app sits in your system tray as the VBF icon, it can be right clicked, or you can use shortcut keys to perform operations (these are configurable), Pasting code defaults to Ctrl+Insert

So if you're happy with it, just add a shortcut to your Startup folder in your start menu and paste code whenever you like.

EDIT: New soruce uploaded, vb-xml comment colouring and a couple more keywords added (if you notice any i've missed i'd love to hear about it)

Note: screenshot just demonstrates several forms for your viewing (having them all open is not normal)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Phill64; Dec 17th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

Re: VBForums QuickPaste

Great job Phil! Thanks.

*Installed*
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: VBForums QuickPaste

In accordance with this policy regarding attachments, I have edited your zip file and removed all executable files.

In the future, please post source code only.

Thank you.