Thread: [Resolved] Using Visual Basic 6 to Pull Avaya Call Center Information

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [Resolved] Using Visual Basic 6 to Pull Avaya Call Center Information

Hey all,

I only found 1 post in all of VB 6 regarding Avaya, so here I am asking for anyone who may have a clue as to where to start with what im trying to do here.

We use CMS Supervisor to monitor our call center queue. Basically what we want to do is, instead of uisng the BORING looking GUI we want to create something a bit more flashy that can also rotate between different views to prevent burn in on the giant LCD screens that we have all over the place to display our stats.

What I want to do is establish some sort of connection on to the Avaya server to pull the call center information for the skills that we monitor in order to display them in this application. The flashy stuff is the easy part. Any suggestions at all would most definately be appreciated

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ogmius; May 18th, 2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Resolved
    "I dont even see the code anymore... I just see Blonde, Brunette, Redhead..."

Re: Using Visual Basic 6 to Pull Avaya Call Center Information

We use CMS here.. (an OLD version which actually uses flat files for data.. so I cant help you out with that.. we have to screen scrape data )

but I found this?

http://avayausers.com/index.php?
    maybe something there?
    JPnyc rocks!! (Just ask him!)
    If u have your answer please go to the thread tools and click "Mark Thread Resolved"

The following link might be useful:

http://www.avaya.com/gcm/master-usa/...w=ProdFeatures

Hyperactive Member

I have discovered that the auto scripts that you can export using CMS use VBA... I wonder if anyone has tried importing the (many) references into Visual Basic to try and build an application that uses those existing CMS references. if so PLEASE reply!

I have tried, but I am getting a lot of "With variable block not set" kind of errors.... getting... frustrtated .....

I think auto scripts use vbscript instead of VBA. I've tried them in Access without much luck.

To use them in VBA I think you need to go to Tools > References in the vba module of your database and find the right reference(s) for running reports.

This probably wouldn't be hard. Only issue I have is logging into the server with the password.

Ogmius,

What you can do is export the data into text files, upload it into Excell files, format them the way you want them and using VBA Macros on Excell you can Automate Animations by changing taps and reloading new data as it goes. If you need more help let me know.

Hyperactive Member

Actually... I've got one better. I wrote an application that uses all of the avaya cms supervisor components. You can actually use them as references., send calls to them, and export the data directly into your vb app. if anyone is intersted let me know and I will post the source. I finished this a few months ago, we use it in our call center live. its pretty stable too!

I'm Glad to know that you found a way to resolve it, excellent.

I'd like to see that application and give it a try. Could you send me the link, please?

Hyperactive Member

Do you want source code, or do you want the application? I have a setup package I can provide for you with some limited documentation

Anything you could provide to try it out is appreciated.

If you could provide the source code will be great.

Thanks!

Hyperactive Member

I use source safe @ work, I will take some time out to post it today if I rememer (mr forgetful over here)

Hyperactive Member

Updated : 04/14/2009
    Unfortunately I have removed these links because a coworker and I are
    turning this application into a marketable product. I do appologize in advance as I know there was a lot of interest in this. Please let me know if you are interested in this and we will be very happy to contact you when the final product is complete.

Thanks and I do appologize

----------

here it is! I dont know if direct linking is allowed, but these files were larger than the forum limit

Avaya CMS Supervisor Replacement
    http://www.ricks-world.net/downloads/VB/Queue Mon Wallboard.rar

We use this application to show on our large plasma screens in our call center to display queue information.

Features :
    • Multiple Queue Monitoring
      Single ACD Agent Group Monitoring
      Sort By State or Name
      3 Columns of Agents easily Customizable
      • Font
        Color
        Size
        Column width
        Column Height

Full Screen Capabilities
      Customizable Reporting
      • Customizable Report Thresholds
        Customizable Threshold Colors
        Customizable Colors for all items

Allowance for client Connections (For desktop version see other attachment)
      User managment with Encrypted passwords
      Autostart settings
      Default Icons for Agent States, AUXIN, AVAIL, AUXOut, ACW, Meeting, Lunch, Aux9

Drawbacks (that i am aware of)
    • Only one set of reports at a time (A list of Skills, and only ONE ACD Agent Group)
      Sometimes may disconnect.
      Requires CMS Supervisor Installation (for components)
      Just like CMS Supervisor, if you add or change information to an ACD Agent Group or Skill, you must stop and restart the report

Soon To Come!
    • Remote Administration
      MAYBE multiple reports
      Custom State Icons
      Create Your Own Aux Codes

Desktop Client Application
    http://www.ricks-world.net/downloads/VB/Queue Mon Desktop Client.rar

We use this application for our remote workers, it gives them the ability to connect to the Wall board application and retreive agent and queue statistics.

Features :
    • View customization
      Min to tray
      I had docking but I removed it because it was causing other issues.

Let me know if you find any bugs!
    Last edited by Ogmius; Apr 14th, 2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmius
    here it is! I dont know if direct linking is allowed, but these files were larger than the forum limit...
    Hi Ogmius - you have done an excellent job with this. Well done!

I just have one question.. I am trying to implement something similar and I can't get the cvsConnManager_DataReceived event to fire. The login seems to go ok and the processes are started but that event never fires, and so the properties of cvsSrvAgent aren't set.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Hyperactive Member

Re: [Resolved] Using Visual Basic 6 to Pull Avaya Call Center Information

If you look at the source... I had to send data to the CMS server immediately after connection otherwise it drops the connection and the application hangs. If you tell me what you are trying to do, perhaps I can assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmius
    If you look at the source... I had to send data to the CMS server immediately after connection otherwise it drops the connection and the application hangs. If you tell me what you are trying to do, perhaps I can assist?
    Yup - that was it. I was stepping through the code so I could see what it was doing and I was obviously doing it too slowly.

Thank you!

Hyperactive Member

no problem, happy to help!

Any chance somebody could repost the RAR files. The links are 404's...

Hyperactive Member

turning this application into a marketable product. I do appologize in advance as I know there was a lot of interest in this. Please let me know if you are interested in this and we will be very happy to contact you when the final product is complete.

Thanks for the offer but my company wouldn't be interested

I have managed to work quite a lot out I was only interested in seeing what you had achieved which I hadn't managed so far...

Good luck with your project.

Hyperactive Member

if you have any questions post them here and I will help you out the best that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmius View Post
    if you have any questions post them here and I will help you out the best that I can.
    I have one for you that isn't entirely related to what you have done so far but with your knowledge you might be able to help me out. I've been building custom scripts and things for my business for a while now and am currently working on a project that would make editing our agent groups and skills a lot quicker. The problem I'm running into (and it seems several others have as well) is that there doesn't seem to be a function for the option "Get Contents."

So for example, say I want the script to create an agent group and then add a list of agents to it. To do this manually I would: Dictionary -> Operations -> Agent Groups -> Name/Create the group -> Get Contents -> Add AgentIDs.

I can do most of this but I've run into a brick wall after the group is created. There doesn't seem to be a function that I can use that will open the agent group for editing. Any ideas?

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by stealthchicken75 View Post
    I have one for you that isn't entirely related to what you have done so far but with your knowledge you might be able to help me out. I've been building custom scripts and things for my business for a while now and am currently working on a project that would make editing our agent groups and skills a lot quicker. The problem I'm running into (and it seems several others have as well) is that there doesn't seem to be a function for the option "Get Contents."

So for example, say I want the script to create an agent group and then add a list of agents to it. To do this manually I would: Dictionary -> Operations -> Agent Groups -> Name/Create the group -> Get Contents -> Add AgentIDs.

I can do most of this but I've run into a brick wall after the group is created. There doesn't seem to be a function that I can use that will open the agent group for editing. Any ideas?
    Sorry,

I actually havent done anything with creating things in CMS just reading reports. I have actually lost my job @ the company where CMS was being used so I dont have any way to try some things out and test for you

Sorry, I know that doesnt really help

Hi,

We use an Avaya MLX-20L phone system and an Avaya MLX-DSS expansion unit. The expansion unit is just a box full of buttons, used to select a room so we can program a wakeup call into the MLX-20L phone.

I would like to replace the expansion unit with a Visual Basic 6 program for entering/deleeting the wakeup calls. Is this possible?

If so what port is used to access the phone from the computer, and is there a list of commands online anywhere I can download?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Mike Scirocco

hi did you have any progress on this ?

appreciate any info

Quote Originally Posted by bmlsx View Post
    hi did you have any progress on this ?

appreciate any info
    No reply at all. I was hoping there'd be a programmers guide or API or something, but so far I haven't found a thing.

Good Luck!
    Mike

Sorry,

I actually havent done anything with creating things in CMS just reading reports. I have actually lost my job @ the company where CMS was being used so I dont have any way to try some things out and test for you

Sorry, I know that doesnt really help
    Hi Mate, you still about, I can see this thread is very old. not sure where you got to on this. if its died then I would like to pick it up and start it again, please contact me as I want to work on it. kaleem DOT rehman AT gmail.com

Hi guys!!

I'm recently interested in such code since I have to improve an Excel macro-based solution.
    Is this possible to acquire it in some manner

Quote Originally Posted by specka View Post
    Hi guys!!

I'm recently interested in such code since I have to improve an Excel macro-based solution.
    Is this possible to acquire it in some manner
    I have some code written in VB.Net that I can share for anyone who is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Poizhan View Post
    I have some code written in VB.Net that I can share for anyone who is interested.
    I would like to have it. Please, if you are willing to share it, send it to me to hsilvest at gmail.
    Thanks in advance!!

requires reference to

> cvsCTLG.dll
    > acsApp.exe
    > cvsCONN.DLL
    > acsRep.exe
    > acsSRV.exe

I programmed for the purpose of exporting data to a flat text file, then reading back and inserting into an access database, but if you are VB savy you should be able to reverse engineer easily, it's all OO.

> Form1.vb - shows high level calls to MSAccessConnection / CMSSupervisorConnection / Reporting classes
    > MSAccessConnection - basic query / execute Access wrapper
    > CMSSupervisorConnection - framework for establishing connection using CMS supervisor references
    > Reporting > examples of how reporting can be pulled, adapt for your needs

I am using VS 2017 / .NET Framework 4.5.2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Poizhan; Nov 19th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by specka View Post
    Thank you so much!!
    Hey boss, you're welcome, just checking in, did this help you at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Poizhan View Post
    Hey boss, you're welcome, just checking in, did this help you at all?
    Sorry but I changed my job position and no longer worked with Avaya.
    But code always help... It makes you see things in a different way. And maybe other people take advantage of it.