Thread: Help with Visual Basic (A triangle face)

Help with Visual Basic (A triangle face)

Hello everyone i am really new at visual basic.In my school we are doing a project (windows form application)in which we have to find the face of a triangle.
    Can anyone help me with the code.

Re: Help with Visual Basic (A triangle face)

You'd have to give a MUCH better description than that. For one thing, triangles don't really have faces, because they are two dimensional constructs. For another thing, finding a face is an inherently subjective/visual activity which is certainly not a simple task, so you were most definitely asked to do something a bit different from what you just described.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    ...For one thing, triangles don't really have faces, because they are two dimensional constructs...
    True...but not always... There are 3D triangles called tetrahedrons - those are 3D objects whose faces are composed of triangles.
    Perhaps OP is looking for one of those? But I agree - more detailed description will definitely help.

I thought a tetrahedron was a tetrahedron, and a triangle was always a 2D construct with three sides. Even in graphics, in which I have barely dabbled, this seems to be a common convention.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

perhaps "face" was the wrong word and the OP meant the "area" depending on the type of triangle it is, seems mostly simple to do...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Name:  a.png
Views: 232
Size:  9.2 KB
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

PowerPoster

See Area of a triangle and follow the link there to Area of a Triangle by formula (Coordinate Geometry).

If you can't turn this into code you might need some tutoring.