Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows 7 file issue!!!!!

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows 7 file issue!!!!!

I'm trying to deploy and update files and I ran into this problem on a Windows 7 64 bit machine....on the WIN7 machine, in directory DB, my file at one time contained data X,Y,Z. On my XP machine (were I do my VB programming) I deleted the data X,Y,Z creating an empty database. So...on the WIN7 machine, directory DB, I delete the old file and copy the new empty file. I open the new file and there is data X,Y,Z!....ok I move THAT new file from directory DB to a new directory DB1, open the file...and it's the EMPTY file like it's suppose to be! Any clue as to what is going on????
    FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”

I'd rather run a "Killer-Watt" than a KiloWatt - QRP Rules!!!

Re: Windows 7 file issue!!!!!

So you are over-writing the XYZ database with the blank database but when you open the supposedly blank database the contains of the XYZ database appear? How are you opening the database, through your program or through Access, etc? I could be that Windows has created a ghost copy of the XYZ database and that is what is being accessed.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    So you are over-writing the XYZ database with the blank database but when you open the supposedly blank database the contains of the XYZ database appear? How are you opening the database, through your program or through Access, etc? I could be that Windows has created a ghost copy of the XYZ database and that is what is being accessed.

using ms access to open it. and that is what I'm thinking is happening too..a ghost file. This whole thing started when I sent my client a VB application update and they were having all kinds of problems. They sent me some screen shots and there was the old database, even though the uninstalled the program and installed the new one. Note I've only seen this on computers running Windows 7
    FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”

Are you able to email me the database so I can check what the cause of the problem might be? Also, if possible could you upload the screen-shots here so we can better understand the issue.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

The database itself is not the issue, the location is ( c:\programfiles(x86)\csv1000\database , as mentioned in the other thread for this issue: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...s-XP-and-ADODB )

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    The database itself is not the issue, the location is ( c:\programfiles(x86)\csv1000\database , as mentioned in the other thread for this issue: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...s-XP-and-ADODB )
    I'm pretty sure si figured it out. I'm going to make that changer when I get to work today. I'll let you know what happens in a few hours.

I wasn't sure where to post the issue si because I wasn't exactly sure WHAT the problem was....

SUCCESS!!!!! A BIG thanks to si_the_geek for figuring out this one!