Thread: [RESOLVED] Recovering corrupt floppy disk!!

Resolved [RESOLVED] Recovering corrupt floppy disk!!

I have a floppy disk with some important data on. The person who owns it has made no backups and the disk is now corrupt.

Does anyone know of a way to recover a corrupt floppy disk? - It is just asking to reformat at the moment
    Last edited by visualAd; Mar 23rd, 2005 at 03:33 AM.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

192.168.0.1 Preferred Animal: Penguin Reason for errors: Line#38

Re: Recovering corrupt floppy disk!!

I'm not sure, but you might be able to run scandisk on floppies.
    Quotes:
    "I am getting better then you guys.." NoteMe, on his leet english skills.
    "And I am going to meat her again later on tonight." NoteMe
    "I think you should change your name to QuoteMe" Shaggy Hiker, regarding NoteMe
    "my sweet lord jesus. I've decided never to have breast implants" Tom Gibbons
    Have I helped you? Please Rate my posts.

192.168.0.1 Preferred Animal: Penguin Reason for errors: Line#38

Also, a program called Hexplorer can read bytes from a disk, so you might be able to get something if you know the format of a floppy disk and of the file that were within it.

http://www.sofotex.com/Hexplorer-download_L26421.html
    Quotes:
    "I am getting better then you guys.." NoteMe, on his leet english skills.
    "And I am going to meat her again later on tonight." NoteMe
    "I think you should change your name to QuoteMe" Shaggy Hiker, regarding NoteMe
    "my sweet lord jesus. I've decided never to have breast implants" Tom Gibbons
    Have I helped you? Please Rate my posts.

I am very frsutrated. All the tools I have found so far will display the files but want me to pay them money to get them back. I have had a look at that hex thing but I can't make much sense of it.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Did you try Norton Disk Doctor? It used to be good at that sort of thing. You could zip the disk and send it to me.

After about six hours of searching I found a program called PC Inspector File Recovery which did the job of recovering the disk fine. Here's the link to the download if anyone is interested:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

Re: [RESOLVED] Recovering corrupt floppy disk!!

Too bad I didnt see your thread earlier, but I use Winternals File Restore.
    It can recover files from formatted hds, deleted files, etc.

Winternals File Restore
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6