Thread: Admin/Moderators: Please See This Thread

Admin/Moderators: Please See This Thread

Good evening to all, I was wondering about the inbox here in the forum, maybe I have a problem with my inbox or is it one of the rule?

I can't save more than 1 message in the Private Messages, either 1 in the inbox, or 1 in the Sent box.
    Is this normal or I am having trouble with it? because I ask a friend here and he said that this is weird because he can receive many messages. Thank you.

Attached is the Picture to my Private Messages Link.

Re: Admin/Moderators: Please See This Thread

for things like this, we have the Forum Feedback section... it's regularly looked at, so most reasonable things in there do get addressed. I've asked the mods to move it there... so it will get looked at for sure.

That said, it could be because of the number of posts... I know that as one makes more posts, you get more things opened up.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    for things like this, we have the Forum Feedback section... it's regularly looked at, so most reasonable things in there do get addressed. I've asked the mods to move it there... so it will get looked at for sure.

That said, it could be because of the number of posts... I know that as one makes more posts, you get more things opened up.

-tg
    Thank you for that..I did not know where to post it, I was confused if it should be in the feedback section or this sections. because I thought that this should be off-topic.

well, thank you again, hope that moderators could have a look for this

Thread moved to 'Forum Feedback', which is where questions about site usage etc belong (thanks for letting us know tg )

I think it is one of the limits for new users (which would make sense, as some people sign up to send technical questions or spam privately, which is not what this site is about), so after you've been here a while you should be able to have more messages.

Correct: as a person uses the forum more, they gain more features and abilities. These are both rewards for people using the forum as well as tactics for keeping spamming out of the forum (as much as possible).

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

oohhh,,,right..I think that is nice..to limit the user's abilities..but not to the point to limit 1 message only in the inbox...

maybe 3 or 4 should be fine..it won't take that much of database size

but anyway, all I can do is wait to get promoted

It is not about database size, but about avoiding misuse of PMs. The fact is, this is a discussion forum, not an email system. The focus here is community and sharing information amoung the community. PMs don't do that, so they really aren't the focus of the site. Having said that, there are times when a PM is needed for tidbits of information; hence why we have them.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well said brad.
    the problem is I am a little bit shy of what I can do, since I am a newbie in programming and aiming for bigger information than me, I was just getting some info from a friend I knew here,.
    thats why I used the PM rather than the thread.
    But your words are correct, I have to go with the community better

post a bit more in the community and you'll get PMs quickly enough!

Quote Originally Posted by abo0badr View Post
    Well said brad.
    the problem is I am a little bit shy of what I can do, since I am a newbie in programming and aiming for bigger information than me, I was just getting some info from a friend I knew here,.
    thats why I used the PM rather than the thread.
    But your words are correct, I have to go with the community better
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie. No one here would make you feel bad for it so don't be shy my friend

Welcome
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    post a bit more in the community and you'll get PMs quickly enough!
    Just don't spam the forums.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672