Thread: Purchase Laptop on the Web

Frenzied Member

Question Purchase Laptop on the Web

Purchasing laptop on Web is cheap .then purchasing laptop on the shop . let me know please .if possible let me know some of the link where i can purchase Toshiba/Hp laptop in cheap rate with I5 Microprocessor. any help would be highly appreciated .

Re: Purchase Laptop on the Web

Yes, it's normally cheaper to purchase stuff online. For laptop, you can buy directly from the manufacturers' web sites. They often have promotions that give pretty good discounts on their products. Before you commit to buy from someone, Google to see if there are any extra discount coupon codes for that seller that you can use. You can also check out some of the better known online retailers such as Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect... Do some research... You can also check out deals sites such as fatwallet, slickdeals... to see if there are any existing deals on what you want to buy. Good luck.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

I would say that the price would change countrywise. So better google it and find out the online stores(if you do not wish to directly buy from the manufacture's portal) in your country.

Otherwise, if you buy it from other countries, you might have to pay the duties or taxes when it arrives your place. Have a look at the delivery locations prior to check out.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Frenzied Member

Hi Friends, i want to purchase HP Laptop from the following website . but i did not any option to select country . other then USA .let me know please .
    https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...add&disp_msg=0

Attachment 98457
    Last edited by firoz.raj; Apr 3rd, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

It looks like the websites are localized for each country! Unfortunately, it seems the India HP website does not have the sign up capabilities which, I gather is why you are trying the US site?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

I'm agree that buying something on the Net is cheaper than on the shop, but I prefer to make electronic device purchases on the shop, because I want to see how they look like, how the work in real and etc.

Frenzied Member

It looks like the websites are localized for each country! Unfortunately, it seems the India HP website does not have the sign up capabilities which, I gather is why you are trying the US site?
    as i found here in my country this specific configuration laptop is not available .so i want to purchase this laptop .so Can you help me getting the proper link to purchase .

Quote Originally Posted by firoz.raj View Post
    as i found here in my country this specific configuration laptop is not available .so i want to purchase this laptop .so Can you help me getting the proper link to purchase .
    It's best to buy it from the country specific site of that company, instead of buying it from US(because you are not living in US)!

I wanted to buy a tablet. But here in India, the price of that model is double or triple the price of the US version! So, I thought about asking someone to courier it to me. But there is a another problem! We would have to pay duties and tax in India inorder to receive the item in our hand. When I inquired the customs department about this, they said, around 36% of the original price needs to be paid as tax, if the item that we are receiving is of above Rs. 5000 value.
    Also, it is prohibited to send electronic goods from another country. So, a fine would be there too. Both would estimate to the original price of the tablet !! So, in real I have to pay double the price to get this tab!

When I asked about a solution, he said, the best option is not to ask your friends in US to send it! Otherwise, if they are coming back to India, ask them to bring as their personal goods. Males can bring electronic goods that values a total to Rs. 25000, when they return back to India.

I am not sure how much reliable this info is, because I spoke to the person via phone.

So, I think eventhough the companies mention international shipping, we might have to pay the customs duties when it reaches India!! Beware!

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Frenzied Member

You can also examine out some of the better known on the internet stores such as Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect... Do some analysis... You can also examine out offers websites such as fatwallet, slickdeals... to see if there are any current offers on what you want to buy. Best of fortune. . .. . .
    i want to purchase Hp laptop from hp website .but as i have seen it is localized for USA only .any other alternative to purchase hp website from HP trusted web .let me know please.

i want to purchase Hp laptop from hp website .but as i have seen it is localized for USA only .any other alternative to purchase hp website from HP trusted web .let me know please.
    Which country are you from ?

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post

When I asked about a solution, he said, the best option is not to ask your friends in US to send it! Otherwise, if they are coming back to India, ask them to bring as their personal goods. Males can bring electronic goods that values a total to Rs. 25000, when they return back to India.
    Interesting... What about females? Can females travel with electronic goods?
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

Quote Originally Posted by stanav View Post
    Interesting... What about females? Can females travel with electronic goods?
    Yeah, that's what he said. But I am not sure how much legit that info is. Because I only did a telephonic conversation with that guy, and he wasn't so nice to me. Most of the govt. organizations have rude people. If we want to get treated well via phone, then we have to call the front-office/support executives of some private firms! :P

Are you planning to visit India? Then let me know. Because I would give you the list of goodies that you have to bring for me.

Frenzied Member

as i would like to ask . what are the Top Brands for Touch screen Laptop .as myself i know Hp is good .for Touchscreen .what about yours Opinion .let 's know your opinions please .

as i would like to ask . what are the Top Brands for Touch screen Laptop .as myself i know Hp is good .for Touchscreen .what about yours Opinion .let 's know your opinions please .
    Which country are you located in?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672