Thread: Keyboard Press Wireless Button

Keyboard Press Wireless Button

Does anyone know of a wireless button that can be programmed to act as a certain keypress on a keyboard?

Possibly like a presenter's button for a powerpoint but the button needs to press the asterisk not space bar. At work I wear a headset to talk on the radio and on the phone. When im away from my console i can talk on the radio by pressing a button on my wireless packset, however I am not able to pickup the phone away from the desk.

Thanks

Re: Keyboard Press Wireless Button

It's not really about the button, is it? I mean it's just another input device. What happens when the 'data' it produces is received is entirely arbitrary (if you can override the packaged software, that is!)
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Is it possible to redirect the call via the workstation\office phone to your cell?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Basically what I need is a way to remotely press the asterisk key and the phone answers and I can talk on the headset I am wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Is it possible to redirect the call via the workstation\office phone to your cell?
    No the console has 23 different trunks and 3 of them are 911 lines.

The problem I have is that I work graveyards alone and going to the restroom is difficult when I am expected to answer emergency lines under 10 seconds. My current workaround is when I need to go, I connect a VOIP phone we have with a long ethernet cable and bring it with me. But thats not practical. Easier would be to have a button to press that will answer for me.

I'd just request to have a wireless handset. Your reason is valid so your boss should approve it.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

you have a couple of arbitrary solutions. Personally i have a presentation remote that can be app-specifically programmed to act as any keyboard or mouse button/movement. It's by keyspan. You could also use a bluetooth keyboard, a headset with an answer button, remapping of a mouse button, a wifi pc controlling app on your phone, etc. If you are always line-of-sight then the presentation remote would be the best option. I paid $30 for mine.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orwell View Post
    you have a couple of arbitrary solutions. Personally i have a presentation remote that can be app-specifically programmed to act as any keyboard or mouse button/movement. It's by keyspan. You could also use a bluetooth keyboard, a headset with an answer button, remapping of a mouse button, a wifi pc controlling app on your phone, etc. If you are always line-of-sight then the presentation remote would be the best option. I paid $30 for mine.
    The presentation remote was what i was looking for. I have never had one, so I wasnt sure if they were programmable.

Quote Originally Posted by stanav View Post
    I'd just request to have a wireless handset. Your reason is valid so your boss should approve it.
    I work for the state, they wouldn't approve it unfortunately. Not to mention the cost would out weight the benefit as well.