Thread: Classic VB - How can i change the Color of a command button, or show a picture on it?

Classic VB - How can i change the Color of a command button, or show a picture on it?

In order to be able to change the BackColor property of a command button you must also set Style property of the button to "Graphical" as shown below. If you don't then you will not see any difference in the color of the button. A similar effect is also true for the the Picture property.

The reason for this behaviour is that "Standard" means the button will be shown in the normal Windows style (no picture, and a standard color for all programs) instead of having the full graphical functionality that VB's command button provides.

Once the style has been set to "Graphical" you can set the backcolor or picture in the properties window.

Last edited by si_the_geek; Mar 17th, 2006 at 07:59 AM. Reason: changed wording due to suggestions from MartinLiss

Re: Classic VB - How can i change the Color of a command button, or show a picture on it?

An alternative method of adding an image to a standard button without using the Graphical style. It also preserves any Visual Styles (XP Theming etc).

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=323449
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6